It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Worldview Autobiography

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Today i was asked to answer some pretty tough questions regarding my situatedness. I questions are below...

1. How do you self identify regarding religious affiliation or worldview and who are the most influential people in your life who have shaped your views?
2. What significant experiences have you had that impact your understanding of religion?
3. Do you identify as an atheist? A humanist? An evangelical Christian? A devotee of the Goddess? An Ismaili Muslim etc?
4. Is your self-identity the same or different than your parents or your grandparents? If different, what influences were significant to you?

It got me thinking, on such an informed discussion list such as this how would others answer these questions?
Honestly, when I was asked this I couldn't help but think of Pure Imagination the song from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
www.youtube.com...

Just wondering
edit on 5-2-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Today i was asked

You could always say no.

Heres how I would answer.

1.Sorry,I don't talk sex,religion or politics.

2.See answer 1.

3.See answer 1.

4.Different and its personal.

edit on 5-2-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Then what would you reply for????

I’m guessing your one of those who tries really hard to be the first post , because it makes you feel really special??

So do you?? Feel special now??

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
My mind-set makes me deal with things in chronological order.
4. My father was brought up as a Primitive Methodist. When he was training as a teacher, he was advised to get confirmed (because half the primary schools in the country were Church of England schools). This worked so well as a career move that I was brought up as an Anglican in a parish with a very strong Anglo-Catholic bias.
As usual, adolescence turned me into an atheist.
2. What brought me to my present status is described in my thread How an atheist became a Christian (q.v.).
That also answers the second half of 1.
1. (First half) Duplicated by 3.
3. I suppose I would now self-identify as being at the evangelical end of the Church of England.

edit on 6-2-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Then what would you reply for????

From the OP.

how would others answer these questions?

Asked and answered.

Feel special now??

Not yet...I haven't ate breakfast or had enough coffee.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Thanks for keeping it classy..

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
My mind-set makes me deal with things in chronological order.
4. My father was brought up as a Primitive Methodist. When he was training as a teacher, he was advised to get confirmed (because half the primary schools in the country were Church of England schools). This worked so well as a career move that I was brought up as an Anglican in a parish with a very strong Anglo-Catholic bias.
As usual, adolescence turned me into an atheist.
2. What brought me to my present status is described in my thread How an atheist became a Christian (q.v.).
That also answers the second half of 1.
1. (First half) Duplicated by 3.
3. I suppose I would now self-identify as being at the evangelical end of the Church of England.

Thank you for sharing your answers.
In response to those who thought that I was one of those who tries really hard to be the first post , because it makes you feel really special??
They were some pretty tough questions that I had to answer the other day for the Religion, Conflict and Peace module that I am currently doing at Harvard.
As this is a "religious" forum I was interested in hearing and learning how others with religious interest would answer
edit on 6-2-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

The source of my knowledge is "VEDA". I listen to the lectures of wise teachers. My parents know little about this and do not understand.

top topics

join