It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR seems to only have left wing / liberal hosts & speakers - what gives?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Sorry, but i think y'all are off. Real leftists have a more citizen focused view of things like....Venezuela, or the war in Ukraine, or the Palestinians, or Russia. Npr has toed all the msm, us involved, invasion supporting lines that were spewed out by our government, which puts them as centrist at best. When sakhashvilli was subverted by the US during the Olympics, npr was hawking the same "Russia invaded georgia" line everyone else was. A real leftist station? Far from it. It's just most of you are so far right you can't recognize it.

It's kind of like when my mom, an Asian, went to school in white bread America. And the kids were so unused to people of color at her school that they thought she was a black person.
edit on 6-2-2018 by pexx421 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

a reply to: DigginFoTroof

From an American standpoint, they only seem liberal. To the rest of the 1st-world, they are centrists. We don't really have a truly left-wing mainstream media outlet. Our centrists in our eyes are super right-wing to the rest of the world. NPR is centrist, at best.

To a leftist it would appear so.

p.s. National Public Radio. Not International.

Exactly. It's national therefore centrist. People who aren't self-identified with the alt-right often see mainstream media as centrist.

As I said before, to a leftist it would appear so.

No, not just to a "leftist". To anybody who is not far right, it appears centrist. Including a wide swath of conventionally-leaning right-wing people.

No, you are wrong (See? More than one person can do that).

NPR is recognized as a liberal-leaning outlet by the majority of the populace, and rejected. The only reason it stays afloat is through fund-raisers from liberal arts and wishy-washy politicians pushing for government funding. If it were truly centrist it would be able to sustain itself in the marketplace. As it is, without the taxpayer dollars it would die off like Air America.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You should have heard the Tampa host this morning. I heard two staunch liberal callers get to carry on and on, the guns school shooting topic of course, then conservative libertarian dude gets on being modest saying he likes to listen to hear all the sides of stuff, and host start slamming him with this assertion that the NRA is the "Killer Lobby", they lobby for killers he was carrying on about, then demands the guy give him one example of the NRA protecting people from killers, to which he then kept repeating the demand I mean at least a dozen times but he wouldnt even let the guy answer, then proceeded to gloat and poke the guy for not being able to best his challenge and then eventually hunk up on him after not giving him a 5 second window to talk once the challenge was issued till he hung up. Like a wannabe demagogue shock jock or something was his demeanor as soon as dude said he wasnt liberal.

edit on 22-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join