It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence Committee approves release of Dems’ rebuttal to FISA memo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Xcathdra

I am seeing reports that the Democratic memo intentionally contains sources and methods that need to be redacted. Speculation it was done so when the info is redacted Democrats can make an issue out of it.

This is also what I'm hearing. It was written in a way that it will have to be redacted so they can accuse Trump of being unfair. Nice try dems, we know your games.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I am seeing reports

This sounds an awful like, "according to sources". Which I'm pretty sure is not acceptable to you guys on the right. So in that vein of though.... sources please.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I am seeing reports that the Democratic memo intentionally contains sources and methods that need to be redacted. Speculation it was done so when the info is redacted Democrats can make an issue out of it.

That would be incredibly stupid, and transparently phony. This is the Dems' own memo, and the FBI has been on their side the whole time.

In other words, that totally sounds like something Schiff and his buddies would do.

Exactly, and their lapdogs will eat it up. Even if a sentence reads "the source of this highly sensitive intel was [redacted]" they'll claim that wasn't redacted to protect a source but it was redacted because Trump is hiding something, and the devout collusion believers will take that as fact.
edit on 6 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Fair point.

Dems set Trump trap? Source says FISA rebuttal memo loaded with sensitive details

The Democratic rebuttal to a highly publicized GOP memo alleging government surveillance abuse is filled with sensitive details, a source told Fox News – claiming this was done intentionally to pressure the White House to either block the memo’s release or significantly redact it.

The claim comes after the House Intelligence Committee voted Monday to approve the release of the Democratic document.

"We think this will help inform the public of the many distortions and inaccuracies in the majority memo," California Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the panel, told reporters.

The vote was unanimous, he said.

The White House will now review the memo before deciding on possible redactions or objections, as it did with the Republican memo that ultimately was released in full last Friday.

“The White House has received a memorandum from the minority members of the House Select Permanent Committee on Intelligence. As stated many times, the Administration will follow the same process and procedure with this memorandum from the minority as it did last week, when it received the memorandum from the majority,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

The source who spoke to Fox News has read the Democrats’ rebuttal memo, and said it is filled with information on sources and methods taken from original documents.

click link for full article.
edit on 6-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Man, I thought you had me for a second. Then I read the first sentence of the article.

a source told

Swing............ and a miss

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

Man, I thought you had me for a second. Then I read the first sentence of the article.

a source told

Swing............ and a miss

Given the dems memo is still classified he / she cant exactly go on record now can they?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Eshel

Fair point.

Dems set Trump trap? Source says FISA rebuttal memo loaded with sensitive details

The Democratic rebuttal to a highly publicized GOP memo alleging government surveillance abuse is filled with sensitive details, a source told Fox News – claiming this was done intentionally to pressure the White House to either block the memo’s release or significantly redact it.

The claim comes after the House Intelligence Committee voted Monday to approve the release of the Democratic document.

"We think this will help inform the public of the many distortions and inaccuracies in the majority memo," California Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the panel, told reporters.

The vote was unanimous, he said.

The White House will now review the memo before deciding on possible redactions or objections, as it did with the Republican memo that ultimately was released in full last Friday.

“The White House has received a memorandum from the minority members of the House Select Permanent Committee on Intelligence. As stated many times, the Administration will follow the same process and procedure with this memorandum from the minority as it did last week, when it received the memorandum from the majority,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

The source who spoke to Fox News has read the Democrats’ rebuttal memo, and said it is filled with information on sources and methods taken from original documents.

click link for full article.

I think the simple answer here is to have the FBI come review it and determine what to redact. Then if anything is compromised, it's their fault, and nobody can claim Trump redacted stuff he just didn't like. People will still claim that anyway but it will just be the usual drivel from scum like Schiff, Pelosi etc.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Lol John Roberts just scolded Shep Smith because he was drawing conclusions for the viewers and John Roberts told him not to do that, "we report, you decide". Shep has an agenda to push.
edit on 6 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You mean all the big words don't you?

No I mean Democrats are going to split hairs with the info they release to try and justify the lies the FBI / DOJ told to illegally secure a FISA warrant.

What lies did the FBI /DOJ tell, again?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Lol John Roberts just scolded Shep Smith because he was drawing conclusions for the viewers and John Roberts told him not to do that, "we report, you decide". Shep has an agenda to push.

Shepard Smith is not to be trusted. Eventually proof supporting that statement will be revealed.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: face23785

Shepard Smith is not to be trusted. Eventually proof supporting that statement will be revealed.

Oh I don't trust him. He's still entertaining to watch though. He hates Trump bad. It's hilarious how posters here think Fox does nothing but suck Trump's dick 24/7 when their Chief News Anchor is a blatant Trump-hater.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Democrats are still clueless. Just answering another memo with a whipped up response memo is a stage act. People of America voted Trump into office because he didn't play games and was forthright. Dems will lose Bigly in the midterms and 2020 just for this reason. They are so out of touch they'd rather pass laws to punish people for handing out plastic straws than make any real reforms.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Greven

What propaganda?

The claim was that the fbi didnt tell the court that Hillarys team and the dnc paid for the dossier. No one is claiming they did, only that there was a small foot note that said it had connections to a political group.

The fcat that people think that this foot note saying it had a political source somehow is acceptable as opposed to saying the actual candidates team paid for it is ludicrous.

Did they know at the time that the 'dossier' was paid for by Hillary's team?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: Grambler

We don't know what the memo says yet. Personally I hope it crushes the GOP memo.

I'm sure it will. So get your pom poms and watch CNN all day.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

If they said a political organization...

Then yes..

It is only in rightwing fantasy land where hillary is the antichrist who deserves special treatment any bad thing that happens to her..

The real world just considers her an unlikeable politician..
edit on 7-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Exactly, and their lapdogs will eat it up. Even if a sentence reads "the source of this highly sensitive intel was [redacted]" they'll claim that wasn't redacted to protect a source but it was redacted because Trump is hiding something, and the devout collusion believers will take that as fact.

Anything Trump redacts will be exposed by the media using their leaked version. Trump is screwed.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Then yes..

It is only in rightwing fantasy land where hillary is the antichrist who deserves special treatment any bad thing that happens to her..

She's unlikeable *AND* corrupt. Its a left wing fantasy thats she was a good candidare and completely innocent. Reality is proving otherwise.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

Then yes..

She's unlikeable *AND* corrupt. Its a left wing fantasy thats she was a good candidare and completely innocent. Reality is proving otherwise.

Whereas the right wing fantasy is that Trump is competent and not corrupt.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: face23785

Anything Trump redacts will be exposed by the media using their leaked version. Trump is screwed.

Ive heard that before. It was unanimously voted to be released to the public in unredacted format. Then the FBI will look over it and see that it gives away sources and methods, unlike the Nunes memo, and it will have to be redacted. They'll try to spin it against Trump, but it will backfire because it will show that democrats have no regard for the law and will sacrifice national security for political purposes. Which is exactly what this is about.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: mkultra11

Then yes..

Whereas the right wing fantasy is that Trump is competent and not corrupt.

Whwreas, it's a left wing fantasy that it's a right wing fantasy is that Trump is competent and not corrupt.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join