It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denzel Washington: Trump’s Election Saved Us From ‘Orwellian Police State’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Fake news bud

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

So you knew it was fake? Why give this fake news outlet ad revenue by posting a link to their site? Are you daft?

The article is click-bait using right-wing talking points and buzzwords in fake quotes falsely attributed to famous actors in order to drive up their ad revenue, a.k.a. lying in order to benefit off of people's ignorance. Why reward liars?
edit on 2/5/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So you knew it was fake? Why give this fake news outlet ad revenue by posting a link to their site? Are you daft? The article is click-bait using right wing talking points and buzzwords in fake quotes falsely attributed to famous actors in order to drive up their ad revenue, a.k.a. lying in order to benefit off of people's ignorance. Why reward liars?

I think you are being harsh. I don't think the OP promoted lies, just promoted a media story.

Hell, haven't we lived on that sh** for the past 19 months?

edit on 5-2-2018 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Of course he's being harsh because he knows the information contained within is dead on accurate and he hates that the Democrat's are the real criminals.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Accurate because why? Because it's part of a fake article used to prey on people's biases? That's why it's in the hoax forum.

If using a fake story to prop up your views is the way you choose to go about things then you've still got a ways to go it seems. If the same tactics were used by a Democrat? Oh boy, you'd be calling them out for their hypocrisy like there is no tomorrow, but it's ok when you do it.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Quote one of the statements that was allegedly made by Denzel and tell me how and why it is wrong.

I'm 100% sure you won't do that.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Quote something in the article that was actually said by Denzel.

I'm 110% sure you won't do that.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

didn't think so

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Your opinion does not change the fact that you posted and fell for and/or promoted a fake news article. There's nothing factual about the title of your thread because that would require evidence. There is no evidence for a hypothetical.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ah, the same group of people who whine about "elitist celebrities who talk about politics," are now applauding celebrities because they're pro-Trump.

Except for the fact that what the OP claims was never said, and is instead entirely fabricated to push a narrative.

So much time spent on the hamster wheel

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Your opinion does not change the fact that you posted and fell for and/or promoted a fake news article. There's nothing factual about the title of your thread because that would require evidence. There is no evidence for a hypothetical.

Actually what was stated in the article is pretty damn accurate. You can't refute that which is why you won't bring it up to discuss it. The only hypothetical is who said the quoted statements and not weather or not the statements themselves are true.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Wish he had said this. He is one of my favorite actors.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Actually what was stated in the article is pretty damn accurate. You can't refute that which is why you won't bring it up to discuss it. The only hypothetical is who said the quoted statements and not weather or not the statements themselves are true.

Who started to create this police state you are alluding to? I guarantee you most of the illegal spying and police state tactics were started during the Bush administration post 9/11 with the Patriot Act, a piece of legislation that was written by neocons before the attacks happened. The fact that many if not all of those arguably unconstitutional laws were kept on the books throughout Obama's presidency shows how the Orwellian nightmare America has been becoming goes beyond democratic or republican party individuals and is managed and controlled by players behind the scenes.

Lastly, if you think Trump is somehow going to stop these corrupt and immoral laws from occurring, you are fooling yourself. He (just like Hilary and EVERYONE else) is also guilty of trying to find dirt on political opponents to take advantage during an election cycle.

So to answer your question: The Orwellian nightmare is true and not likely to get any better under Trump. You also sound like someone who would be frothing at the mouth if it was Hilary or Obama who was linked to Russian money launderers and bots who affect elections, but since its a republican its somehow "fake news"

The cognitive dissonance is palpable in your case unless you can admit both parties are beholden to deeper forces.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Ah, the same group of people who whine about "elitist celebrities who talk about politics," are now applauding celebrities because they're pro-Trump.

Except for the fact that what the OP claims was never said, and is instead entirely fabricated to push a narrative.

So much time spent on the hamster wheel

That IS true. What you miss is the growing number of celebrities who are speaking up...despite career damage

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Prove anything in those quotes are true and I'll prove they're wrong.

Just because something is said does not make it true, though you seem to think the words in of themselves are proof of their validity. That's not very logical.

Every single quote you posted is purely hypothetical, they're all based on what "would have" happened if things turned out differently.

But please, continue to deflect from the fact you fell for/promoted a fake news article with fake quotes and seemingly praised someone who donated to your most hated politician's campaign.

If anything it's showing how disingenuous you are. You know you fell for fake news but refuse to admit to it and instead revert to "prove my opinion is wrong!". Classic.
edit on 2/5/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

It's ok as long it's my liar

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

edit on 5-2-2018 by Abysha because: Retracting cheap shot

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

you really had to take it to that level didn't you?

welcome to losing power Democrat's, continue to enjoy the fall

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

you really had to take it to that level didn't you?

welcome to losing power Democrat's, continue to enjoy the fall

#, you're right. I'm editing it out. That was cheap; you had no way of knowing it wasn't a real article; I've been duped by more cleverly written things than that. I apologize.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I put that it was fake news right into the source link in my OP and no that is not an edit

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join