It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow plunges more than 1,500 at one point - it's the memo.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I had most of my investments in the bond market since last year.

I'm not too worried.

yet.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
Oh this is beautiful.... I am dying laughing at all the Trumptards claiming no fault. So NOW it's Obama's economy? ROTFLMAO... what a bunch of dip#s.

I think you might want to look in the mirror, as the left have been claiming any success as an Obama victory. The fact you got so many stars shows me how out of touch liberals really are.

ETA: I'm not a trumptard, just a realist.
edit on 2/6/2018 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

Oh this is beautiful.... I am dying laughing at all the Trumptards claiming no fault. So NOW it's Obama's economy? ROTFLMAO... what a bunch of dip#s.

I think you might want to look in the mirror, as the left have been claiming any success as an Obama victory. The fact you got so many stars shows me how out of touch liberals really are.

Erm, it's theorised that the falls and general uncertainty are down to the increased chances of interest rate rises in the wake of Trump's tax cuts. I fail to see how that's Obama's fault.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Erm, it's theorised that the falls and general uncertainty are down to the increased chances of interest rate rises in the wake of Trump's tax cuts. I fail to see how that's Obama's fault.

Let me mansplain that to you.

Obama kept the tax rates high. Trump had to lower them. It's Obama's fault that they needed to be lowered.

Get it?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Hahaha... I'm a moderate. You might do better to attack the argument instead of me. Just more if the same B.S. from people who insist upon pointing fingers....

Btw- the crash was predicted ... Why Republican Tax Cuts Always Cause A Financial
edit on 6-2-2018 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I doubt either President had much to do with it, so both sides are using this for partisan garbage. Both sides are equally guilty of jumping at any opportunity, no matter how absurd, to take a poke at the other side.

Really? If you doubt either POTUS had anything to do with it you are naive or ignorant. Tax cuts have always produced economic crisis. Do a little research...

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The common thread in most of the U.S.'s financial crashes is a tax cut for the wealthy just prior to the crash. Trump thought that his infrastructure investment plan would prevent a crisis but he was wrong... and now we will pay.

It's time we pull our head out of our collective asses and realize that playing the Left against Right game is not serving anyone but the elite. The only dichotomy that truly exists is that of the "haves" ~vs~ the "have nots"....

edit on 6-2-2018 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername
Not yet. The massacre has barely just started.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Just thought I'd leave this here. It's from an overnight article called:

"Bitcoin 'MASSACRE continues' US authorities 'open' to REGULATING cryptocurrency platforms"

Christopher Giancarlo, the chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and Jay Clayton, chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) will appear in front of the Senate Banking Committee today where they will discuss the potential future of virtual currencies.

Prepared testimony’s for the pair were released yesterday and suggest that the US government could slap further regulations on plummeting cryptocurrencies in the near future.

Mr Clayton wrote: “We are open to exploring with Congress, as well as without federal and state colleagues, whether increased federal regulation of cryptocurrency trading platforms is necessary or appropriate.”

The CFTC chairman added: “Virtual currencies…likely require more attentive regulatory oversight in key areas, especially to the extent that retail investors are attracted to this space.”

Once I get back, I'll try to see when the session will take place & see if there are any links to it.
edit on 6-2-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Nigerian royalty!

That's the safe bet!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

well.... a bounce back to the 'new normal'..... what can be expected in the days/weeks ahead ??

I think that Trump got the message and the trader minions for the Elite Globalists eased up on the ever lower shorts & let the public/funds buyers & sellers create an equilibrium in the stock market orders (which was not present with the HFTs of the Un-named banks & PPT personnel trading for the secreted FED Balance Sheet consisting of DOW Equities...)

Trump has been given a breather from the orchestrated Market Plunge spanning 2,200 points ($)...but only for the time he relents on prosecuting the Globalist minions working I various Alphabet Agencies & ensconced as Lawmakers/Congress

the Globalists will tighten the screws again if Trump does DeepState courts in Gitmo for the likes of high ranking FBI & DOJ executives anytime soon.... the derivatives menu is where the Market & Its Volitality is the focal point that extended the latest episode of the DOW 'correction'...next time, if Trump behaves badly, will result in a 'Crash'

friends----- We are not out-of-the-woods- Yet !

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Hahaha... I'm a moderate. You might do better to attack the argument instead of me. Just more if the same B.S. from people who insist upon pointing fingers....

Btw- the crash was predicted ... Why Republican Tax Cuts Always Cause A Financial

Good lord you are one nauseating little hypocrite, aren't you? Go crawl back into your little hole.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No it doesnt. Literally all of that is wrong. It has to do with one thing, fear of instability.
edit on 6-2-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
now there are 2 memo's.... see the link->

February 6, 2018

President Trump: 'We Caught Them' - Senate Memo Drops The Biggest Bombshells While All Eyes Were On The House Memo
- The Brilliant And Ultimate Bait And Switch ~

the page repeats too much for me, but it explains it pretty well

allnewspipeline.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Eat it Trump, you want to claim credit when the market is high, what about now?

Eat it, just eat it.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: queanon
a reply to: silo13

Eat it Trump, you want to claim credit when the market is high, what about now?

Eat it, just eat it.

Pretty sure that was a Weird Al song and nothing to do with Trump.

edit on 7-2-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I have cracked the code for what caused this decline and I am prepared to share with the ATS community. Please make sure you are sitting down for this. Here is the reason. Get ready.

There were more sellers than buyers (pound for pound)

Just remember you heard it here first.
edit on 7-2-2018 by CainHarmbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The PATRIOTS lost the Super Bowl
Get it ?
Of course the market dropped on that heinous news.

The eagle has landed

Stocks made it to the moon

Now they need to come back to earth

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I'm sure the market isn't being manipulated by certain individuals moving trillions of dollars around purposefully forcing corrections....

Must be the reason the Dow was down 666 just before this drop.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Hey I tried to warn folks. Unlike the industrial revolution era where Central Banks were slowly consolidating internationa markets, the Central Banks already rule the world. It does not take centuries to seize control of private digital notes the way it did for paper notes in the past. They just snap their fingers once they have conned enough people out of their money, and its done.

A lot of commenters on financial sites think the Fed will be forced to basically print more money (QE) if stocks keep crashing, I guess to save the world from fair market value.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join