It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow plunges more than 1,500 at one point - it's the memo.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Well, it was Bushes fault for 8 years Obama was in office. Is it still Bushes fault, or when does it become Obamas fault?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
If it were not for the MEMO I don't believe the DOW would have crashed the way it did.

Then you obviously do not understand the dynamics influencing the market at this time. What played a larger role in the drop, long-term interest rates and bond yields or the memo and why?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So what you're telling me is that Trump gets all the credit for the stock market, until it goes south, then it's to the credit of Democrats? Wish I could say I'm surprised.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

If it were not for the MEMO I don't believe the DOW would have crashed the way it did.

So the memo has the final say in interest rates & inflation.
IT'S NOT ABOUT THE GODDAMN MEMO, JESUS H TAPDANCING CHRIST.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

folks should check outfederal reserve notes

interesting meeting notes

edit on 5-2-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

It's everybody's fault but our own, right?

When will we start putting the blame on our own shoulders for continuously allowing it to happen regardless of who's in office? That's the day when things will start to change, when we start having personal accountability instead of automatically throwing blame on other people.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...it's the memo.

Uh, no, it isn't. It has to do with interest rates, Treasury Bonds, inflation and a market in need of a correction.

China belongs in that mix as well. They seem to have run out of currency manipulation tricks to stave off their own personal deep recession and the global markets are responding in kind. That's the only explanation I can come up with for why commodities are tanking alongside corporate stock.

This has the potential to either be very, very bad or, conversely, it has the potential to be nothing more than a past due correction. We shall see.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Oh thank goodness I saw the writing on the wall last week and moved everything to a safety net. I was at a YTD high of 5.04% positive. I sold it all into fixed income instruments when I saw it drop back down to 3.52% the following day. More specifically what was available, The Black Rock Money Market Trust.

This last week has been a massacre erasing all the gains of the year for anybody who did not move quick enough.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

But it is about the memo!

The Derp State is selling off their holdings so they can covert them to Bitcoin and then to gold so they can pay for their legal defense when the swamp-draining is over. I mean what the hell else could it be?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
China belongs in that mix as well.

Yeah, they're part of the mix as well. It's a global sell off so I don't think the rest of the globe is giving two craps about a memo.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The market does not like uncertainty, it's just that simple.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

But it is about the memo!

The Derp State is selling off their holdings so they can covert them to Bitcoin and then to gold so they can pay for their legal defense when the swamp-draining is over. I mean what the hell else could it be?

Certainly not a neutering combo of the US dollar losing value & steam against other currencies, other countries getting better returns on their investments, and the US having massive debt with high inflation rates & recently bumped up interest rates.

No, can't be the logical stuff, has to be wishy-washy memo bulls#.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I mean what the hell else could it be?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Certainly not a neutering combo of the US dollar losing value & steam against other currencies, other countries getting better returns on their investments, and the US having massive debt with high inflation rates & recently bumped up interest rates.

Nope. Mem-Oh-Random.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So what you're telling me is that Trump gets all the credit for the stock market, until it goes south, then it's to the credit of Democrats? Wish I could say I'm surprised.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Why do you think it's about the memo?

(post by AugustusMasonicus removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
why would it have anything to do with the memo?

why wouldn't it have more to do with what's going on at the Federal Reserve?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
the 'memo' is just one item.... the bigger reason for the sell off of DOW was because Trump claimed The Stock Market extreme Success as his (as your OP stated)

the deep-state along with the DNC & the lefty party are the shock troops for the elite Globalists and the recent SOTU address, the plan to keep Gitmo open for terrorists of all sorts (to keep the cliques of Deep-State holdovers in Agencies and Departments out of civil court system as the Trump led Purge intensifies ! ) are primary causes for the Globalist Elites to Punish the population & cause a hatred-for-Trump to grow-&-grow

as Trump pushes... so will the elites/Globalists push-back & cause Trump to get lamblasted for everything negative that ever happens as he sits there in the Oval Office.... the DOW & stock market is proof positive of their abilities to engineer public opinions/ public resources/ etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
New Fed Chair Powell

I thinks it's much more likely to do with things like a new Chair, uncertainty regarding that and anything but the memo. That's just political madness nonsense fabricated out of the blue.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join