It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Asks FISA Court To Unseal Carter Page Warrant Application

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
April will be when OIG provides congress and commissions with their semi-annual report. Hmmm?

Have to stay on schedule, everyone!

Yes, timing is everything!

And great they are doing it all by proper procedure, not leaking it!

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Will someone from CNN please get over to the Times and let them know how they are calling for the destruction of the Constitution!

Zing!

Exactly. I mean, the NYT could be responsible for a terrorist attack right?
According to Schiffy.....

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: howtonhawky

Indirectly? Please explain how he was indirectly surveilled. Be specific.

dood, do you understand how surveillance works? They were listening to some of Trump's people, and in that process, captured Trump's conversations as well. The system is supposed to "mask" all the incidental people to protect them. I don;t know if you remember, but there was a whole "unmasking" problem not long ago. Proof of this? who knows if it will come out. But basic understanding of what happened makes it almost impossible that Trump was never recorded. Again, sorry to but in on your good time.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

lol
If your eyes haven't seen the truth yet then you have your own issues.
I have no doubt you could spin anything said so i will just tell you the truth again in a more plain way.
The words coming out of The pres. and companies mouth in the tower were recorded and monitored by the federal gov.
This began back when they pulled the other towers and gave us shotty toilet paper to try and replace our constitution.
Since then any and all communication can and will be monitored. To deny this only digs the whole for them.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

It's not been talked about much, but a lot of the events we are currently witnessing came from evidence of wrongdoing contained in Inspector General Michael Horowitz' upcoming report. Expect MUCH more trouble for the deep state as investigations continue to spin off of his findings.

I am sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting!

If I recall, some information from the IG was part of the reason MCCabe went on Terminal Leave?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

This speaks volumes as to the importance of your voice, and
exercising your right to speak to your elected representatives
and let them know just how great the public interest is.

Never underestimate the importance of just how much power the people still have. Anyone saying anything else is suspect, and possibly an attempt at subversion.

I hope they do release it. I won't be a bit surprised if they do because public interest is *supposed* to be a primary consideration as far as freedom of information from the government goes.

That said, the double standards are just too much, sometimes.

I personally wrote a few open records requests to the Hawaii Department of Health for a copy of Obama's birth certificate, citing a great public interest, and they denied my request stating that his birth certificate -- which Obama, himself, allegedly already made public -- was protected by privacy laws.

The public's interest in finding out how something already public is still private was apparently not as important as Obama's right to keep his birth certificate -- which he allegedly already made public -- from being made public by the actual agency in custody of his birth certificate.

I'm all for government transparency...and I'd like to see the warrant...but the NYT pretending like they are acting out of concern for public interest is pure crap. That goes for Congress, too.

edit on 2/5/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

dood, do you understand how surveillance works? They were listening to some of Trump's people, and in that process, captured Trump's conversations as well. The system is supposed to "mask" all the incidental people to protect them. I don;t know if you remember, but there was a whole "unmasking" problem not long ago. Proof of this? who knows if it will come out. But basic understanding of what happened makes it almost impossible that Trump was never recorded. Again, sorry to but in on your good time.

Oh dear, you just messed up. Now Ante is pouring over your words like a literal lawyer, and you know what that means...

He asked for specifics...

Apocalypse incoming.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Whilst it might seem as if they are doing this for grand motives of state and country, it smacks of "let me get on the right side while there is still time".

I don't trust the media, go figure.

It is hard to say what the bottom line motive is for The Times.

I do know for certain that there was a huge amount of public
interest in calling for The Memo release though.

That much is fact by now.

But your right, cant blindly trust the media.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Whilst it might seem as if they are doing this for grand motives of state and country, it smacks of "let me get on the right side while there is still time".

I don't trust the media, go figure.

It is hard to say what the bottom line motive is for The Times.

I do know for certain that there was a huge amount of public
interest in calling for The Memo release though.

That much is fact by now.

But your right, cant blindly trust the media.

You see the media is like a whore, it offers such important things to you when you are so in need, and can pay, but when you have no money, it kicks you out the door.

Trump has a lot of currency right now so...

edit on 5-2-2018 by Jonjonj because: Add

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I don't rely on msm news articles to provide a comprehensive story, nor do I rely on them to provide the truth in an unbiased manner.

Cool. So you didn't read the article that you tried to mic drop on me with. That's fine. You're just a person posting on an Internet forum. Sadly, the supposed leader of the free world is similarly lazy and want to jump to absurd conclusions. What sad day for this country to be led by such an unstable idiot.

Are you saying the headline is false?

Nope. The headline makes perfect sense when you read the article. What you and Trump assumed incorrectly is that it referred to surveillance of Trump's aides. (he took it a step further and lied about it being about himself but he is a notorious liar so...)

The "wiretapped data" the title refers to are intercepts of Russians. As we later found out, it was intercepts of Kislyak.

We can't forget that Susan Rice and Samantha Powers, and the unmasking that was taking place.

Sure we can. Because #unmaskinggate was a stupid flop, they've testified, Nunes has investigated and nothing came from it so he moved on to pretending that Carter Page is an innocent victim of surveillance.

Who was keeping track, Obama?

Sure and Trump was "keeping track" all the time that Saint Carter Page the Innocent was being surveilled by his justice department — which as it turns out was 3x longer than the period he was surveilled while Obama was in office.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Trey Gowdy said that he did help compose the memo by examining the raw data including the fisa warrant. Said that he has worked on it for several months.

He has also been vocal in last 24 hours with information that the
FISA warrant wouldn't have been granted if they had known
Clinton's role in it.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

That said, the double standards are just too much, sometimes.

One day they are screaming it will cause a constitutional crisis,
the next day they try and make it happen. LOL, it is too much.

I'm all for government transparency...and I'd like to see the warrant...but the NYT pretending like they are acting out of concern for public interest is pure crap. That goes for Congress, too.

Yes, sure I agree. This part was also played twice, with double standards.

First anyone who wanted to see it was a Russian Bot, guess they forgot that
part in their studious article.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sure we can. Because #unmaskinggate was a stupid flop

I would not be so sure about that fella.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

What sad day for this country to be led by such an unstable idiot.

Yes, I read the article, with the headline and all.
It is a sad day that the news media is hardly more
than propaganda at this point.

The headline makes perfect sense when you read the article.

Of course the headline makes sense, lol. Your having fun writing my posts,
and making gullible assumptions. If you really believe Trump tweeted
that because of the Times article, your very naive and unlearned.

Sure we can. Because #unmaskinggate was a stupid flop, they've testified, Nunes has investigated and nothing came from it so he moved on to pretending that Carter Page is an innocent victim of surveillance.

Right, and your getting your news where?

You wrote the book on Carter Page did ya?

Nice dodge from the OP, which you ignored, and jumped
right into your Trump hating rants as usual.

**rolls eyes**
edit on 5-2-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Good. Bring the rain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join