It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump attacks the UK's health service, and Britain hits back

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Your point being?
With respect.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Gonna so vote Labour next general election.
Sod the tories.
Austerity should never been applied to the care/health sectors.
edit on 5-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Over the weekend Friday or Saturday can't remember which there was a mass march/protest in London in relation to our failing NHS. And you know what ... not one of the UKs news channels covered it. There were also reports people posting photos on facebook and when they had gone to check the photos they posted that they found the images had been removed. But we all heard about the new Kardashian baby being born Censorship at its finest

Sorry thought I'd add that.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

to find out if the nhs is failing read any uk paper theirs many stories of patents dying in corridors sent home to die because of poor diagnotice ect

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: matafuchs
So if they cannot fund a country of 50 million you want to bring it to a country almost 7 times the size? Trumps tweets spur conversation. What is wrong with that?

Usually negative conversations, that's what's wrong with it..

Sometimes negative things need to be discussed. Don't ya think?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I agree with Trump, I work for the NHS and LOVE my job, but it is broken. It has gotten considerably worse over the last 10 years.

If you're sick and need to see your GP, there's usually a 2 week wait. If you need an ambulance (and don't have a heart problem) be prepared to wait 4 hours.

I don't know the exact reason why it is broken, I can only assume a lack of funding and no preparation for 5 million immigrants arriving.

It's sad to see, and is the final straw for me. I'm planning to move abroad now.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

Yeah still better than yours seeing we live longer. Plus we have better dental hygiene.
edit on 6-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Its so sad to see that the MSM mantra of "the NHS is failing" is winning through.
It is not failing; it has been deliberately asset stripped and mismanaged for years.
It is now being deliberately underfunded in preparation for privatisation.
We have to defend it, and we need to financially support it.
Once we have lost it we will never get it back.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X
Its so sad to see that the MSM mantra of "the NHS is failing" is winning through.
It is not failing; it has been deliberately asset stripped and mismanaged for years.
It is now being deliberately underfunded in preparation for privatisation.
We have to defend it, and we need to financially support it.
Once we have lost it we will never get it back.

Well said!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I can tell you right now two very important things you need to stop believing that are thrown into this discussion;

1) The NHS is not broke. That is an impossible scenario.
It is severely underfunded, and obscenely over cut, in regards to funding that is portioned towards it.

That is the only truth.

2) No, no you are very wrong, when your go to is “immigrants”...

I’ll elaborate.
It’s all well and good using your A&E visit anecdotes, or even your admin job in the NHS, as some sort of gauge on how much money is lost in regards to “immigrants”...

But try working in the Finance and Accounts department as I did...
You’ll see the truth then.

Do you know how many of those immigrants you scapegoat are even using NHS funds, as opposed to Private Patient care?
Well I can tell you first hand it is a very different ratio than you’d be led to believe.

One aspect of my job was to send out the invoices to those who shafted the Private companies within the hospital I worked, and no word of a lie, the system used to store patient info had at least 1000+ people named Muḥammad Ali, all different, all impossible to reach once they’d left the UK, a vast majority still being hunted 7 invoices later...
And always for at least £10,000 pounds, often much more.

The “Muḥammad Alis” were just a tiny fraction of the total amount of foreigners (of all creeds and genders) who’d run up a bill...

Here is the kicker though, who do you think pays for all that, when BUPA et al all fail to collect?
Yeah, it then comes out of actual NHS funds.

Rather than this drain being used as a valuable lesson to those greedy insurance companies and them having to accept their own losses, instead they’re placated and treated as “too big to fail” by our Tory government.

So...
Understand, every time you assume a foreigner is draining our NHS money, remember that that only happens via a backdoor action of ceding those NHS funds to greedy Private Insurers, who have no accountability in their lackadaisical approach to treating anyone and everyone, but also get reimbursed by the Public’s coffers.

Also, British people do the exact same thing with Private care, running up grands worth of bills and then disappearing altogether.

To recap;
- Not broke.
- Not foreigners/immigrants causing the problems.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Donald trump is a #ing idiot !

with all the money the US spends on weapons and bombs, he could make america great by feeding , clothing, and educating every man woman and child in the US and still have enough money left to do the rest of the earth

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

you cant blame the immigrants for the NHS when most of the doctors in the NHS have immigrated to the UK to find work where as most of the doctors trained in the UK go elsewhere to make their fortune where the money is !

Ive been to the hospital a few times for various reasons and with other people and there is a large proportion of doctors who were not born in the UK !

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND GREAT HEALTH SERVICE AND ITS FREE

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join