It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy AG Rosenstein Threatened Nunes if He Kept Investigating DOJ, FBI - 2 sources

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
To me this is pretty big. Here you have a person, again a government official, attempting to use power, position and influence to stop an investigation.

Link

Then, on Saturday, Jarrett tweeted out that a second source had confirmed to him that Rosenstein went after Chairman Devin Nunes and other committee members. “A 2nd source has now confirmed to me that, in a meeting on January 10, Deputy A-G Rosenstein used the power of his office to threaten to subpoena the calls & texts of the Intel Committee to get it to stop it’s investigation of DOJ and FBI,” he tweeted. “Likely an Abuse of Power & Obstruction.”

The Department of Justice and the F.B.I. already have enough issues without Rosenstein trying to persuade the House Intelligence Committee into submission and stopping an investigation. Nunes needs to keep pressing forward. Maybe it was not what is in the memo as much as the precedent. to me, it is full transparency and it shows how there are those who are in positions of power who are abusing that privilege on the backs of the US citizen.

Imagine if HRC was in office and NONE of this would ever have been known.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The corruption of the deep state is being exposed. Thee are interesting times, indeed.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Dems in lockstep, per the usual. Just as Pelosi sent a letter to Paul Ryan demanding the removal of Nunez....

But as the right clearly understands after years of dem corruption... do the opposite of what dem leaders demand, and we'll be on the right track!

Dems want their way by hook or by crook.

edit on 3216x6732America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well this is all smoke and hot air until someone steps forward on the record and reports it. Honestly Nunes strikes me as the type to call this out publicly if it really did happen. I mean why wouldn't he because at that point not only is he a congressman with the weight of the law on his side...but he would also be able to get rid of another stooge holding up his investigations. I will reserve judgement until something more substantiated comes out.
edit on 5-2-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There are now two reports of this intimidation.

The only way to resolve this is an immediate investigation!

In the mean time, Rod Rosenstein should recuse himself.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Well this is all smoke and hot air until someone steps forward on the record and reports it. Honestly Nunes strikes me as the type to call this out publicly if it really did happen. I mean why wouldn't he because at that point not only is he a congressman with the weight of the law on his side...but he would also be able to get rid of another stooge holding up his investigations. I will reserve judgement until something more substantiated comes out.

Lets not get caught up in "anonymous sources". Just sayin.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

If he would have said something prior to the memo release it would have looked more like a simply hit job against the AG. I think it is better to know he gave Rosenstein the finger and moved forward.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
To me this is pretty big. Here you have a person, again a government official, attempting to use power, position and influence to stop an investigation.

Link

Then, on Saturday, Jarrett tweeted out that a second source had confirmed to him that Rosenstein went after Chairman Devin Nunes and other committee members. “A 2nd source has now confirmed to me that, in a meeting on January 10, Deputy A-G Rosenstein used the power of his office to threaten to subpoena the calls & texts of the Intel Committee to get it to stop it’s investigation of DOJ and FBI,” he tweeted. “Likely an Abuse of Power & Obstruction.”

The Department of Justice and the F.B.I. already have enough issues without Rosenstein trying to persuade the House Intelligence Committee into submission and stopping an investigation. Nunes needs to keep pressing forward. Maybe it was not what is in the memo as much as the precedent. to me, it is full transparency and it shows how there are those who are in positions of power who are abusing that privilege on the backs of the US citizen.

Imagine if HRC was in office and NONE of this would ever have been known.

If this is true, Rosenstein will be forced to resign. Because the House committee supervises him, not the other way around.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

If they make you put down the pen, pick up the sword.

They all need a reality check. The way they would pretend to nuke us, to take peoples families, threaten with stock market crashes....

This is obviously not a less damning course. Screw this.

This little Deputy AG thinks he can do and command like he owns our respect OR FEAR.

Someone start calling these bluffs. No one is going anywhere off this planet. We are all stuck here with each other. No one should fear anyone.

edit on 2 5 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So, who's part of the vast left-wing conspiracy now? All of sciene. All of academia. All of our international allies, the UN and NATO (ironically, not Russia though). All of the media except fox news. Almost every department of government, even the historically conservative FBI ran by its republican director appointed by donald trump. Basically anyone who knows anything. How long until the gop turns on the military? Maybe they'd feel more at home if they picked up and moved to Russia where they'll be surrounded by friends.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
A caught fish always fights hardest before being pulled in the boat.
The real question is will Rosenstein get eaten or cut to pieces for chum?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Walk lightly, but carry a big stick.....

The Democrats could use this advice, unfortunately logic and reason is unavailable to them.

They tend to stomp around, making lots of noise, without any thought that they might not be able to back up their mouths.

edit on 5-2-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join