It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials warn against sharing disturbing video circulating on Facebook

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I am also suspicious that Facebook has software that can make it so certain phrases do not post, yet can't do the same for the code string for a video? Hmm...

It's easy to filter words, not so easy to filter images or video content, you just have to reencode the video to get different numbers, although the general video remains the same.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

That´s correct in the sense of stored data, but you don´t compare the stored data in terms of hashes or bits.

What you do is play it and then feed the image stream(!) into a recognition algorithm that will do most of the work. It works neatly even on inverted videos.

Some years ago I used my own self written toolbox to find a small snipped image an ATS member took from a gigapan picture but forgot the location. I was able to find it pretty fast if you consider that you can zoom in and every zoom layer is a whole new image to crawl over.

Comically, I am unable to find the post from back then, to give you an example. I remember it only took minutes and I was running it on my workstation inside VS2010, that was running in a VM.

So in the light of that knowledge, I certainly think they(FB) are capable of this in almost realtime on video after another. It´s just a matter of scaleing it up.

Edit: As a proof, this is the image I used to pinpoint:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

maybe it´s possible to track down the thread with this.

To show this is really not a big thing nowadays.

Edit2: Here it is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-2-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

That's true, but the difference I see is that text can be filtered in real time (you post it, it's filtered, like on ATS), while something like image recognition would slow things down considerably, as it needs a lot more processing power.

PS: nice work with your image recognition, I have been thinking about making one myself for a long time, but I always have more urgent things to do.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yes, text is way easier of course, won´t deny that. But it´s doable.

As for the recognition, it´s not that hard if you´re half-way fit in mathematics. I´ve came up with my own system totally ignoring others work. Nature inspired me, I was looking at a couple trees while thinking about how to do it. Then it hit me like a thunderbolt

I don´t know about the performance of other recognition algorithms, though. It´s certainly not top notch but it helped me immensely with visualizing functions. Where as I had no clue before that project what to expect from a certain formula, I can now roughly visualize it to a certain level.

Kind of like looking at

f(x)=2⋅sin(x−π2)

and knowing what to expect on a 2D coordinate system. This is relative easy, I expect 8-9 graders to know this today (have no clue if they do). This project took it to "3D". Hard to explain. I recommend doing it, although it has been done before. If you´re a person that learns best through experiment, stuff like this will give you a huge boost without haveing to churn through dry mathematical stuff that has no use on the first look.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The recent Leaks of Facebook profiles information is not an accident but something specifically prepared by Zuckerberg under the orders of Angela Merkel, Mark Rutte, the King of the Netherlands, the King of Sweden, the King of Norway, Matteo Renzi, the King of Spain and many other EUropean dubious characters. Zuckerberg and Facebook have always been a tool of the politically correct "rule by weakness" EUrobozos!

The aim of all of this is not only to spy indiscriminately against everyone, but especially to target US president Trump in favor of the self-righteous lefty loonies.
edit on 21-3-2018 by Flanker86 because: c

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join