It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember John McCain?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: GuidedKill

Hmmm, did those that voted Obama in love Palin? Or is it more likely that those who voted Trump in loved Palin?
I think you know the answer.

I think he was mocking your illogical claim.
I first heard of Sarah Palin when she was a Governor and later when Ron Paul mentioned her as being on his short list for v.p. running mate when he was in the Republican primaries.
If Maxine Waters, that bat# crazy democrat that wears sparkly cowboy hats, and Sarah Palin mud wrestled to decide who was dumbest, who do you think would win?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

Would the winner be the dumbest? Or the loser?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
There should be a worldwide live telecast of McCain and Putin in a bare knuckle match of fisting cuffs.
Id like to see him get his eyes dotted. Mr. Wetfire is a jerk

Yes, may that prick live the rest of his days where heartless nurses refuse to cleanup his wetstarts when his one good arm is handcuffed to his hospital bed

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
After I typed it and read it I asked the same question. But i was fixated on trying to remember the name of the crazy dem that wears the sparkly cowboy hats for attention.a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I figured it out. The winner is anyone of us that actually can pick a winner, which makes us the loser.
edit on 6-2-2018 by bulwarkz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Greven

Speech vs action. There IS a difference. One is protected one is not.

I don't know about you, but I'm required at my company to report what I perceive to be violations of the law through the appropriate channels.

Getting a document that alleges violations of the law, then passing it off to the FBI... is essentially the same. He isn't making a judgment call, he passed information that he received off to those who could make such a determination.

I find Trump's incitement of revolution against a sitting President and its government to be quite a bit more dangerous:

18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.

Free speech has its limits.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

You are actually equating what someone said on a social network to actions of a governmental agency planning to take down an elected president?

That is really sad. And too much for me to even get my head around....just WOW!

For one thing, I'm not talking about a "governmental agency," but Senator McCain. Read my post and the one I'm responding to, please. McCain essentially had a duty to pass information like that he was given to the FBI.

Oh, and inciting the overthrow of the U.S. government is not legal. Whether those tweets cross the line... well, it's pretty close if it ain't over.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Holy Toledo! You do equate the two. Social media and FBI spying warrants---no different....if that weren't so sad it would be hilarious.

Are you reporting all these posts in this forum that say "Burn it down!" Did you report Joe Kennedy's speech about burning down and tearing down the Trump government the other night? Man, you must be one busy dude.

How about that congress critter who either sent or received that "Trump should be shot." message....where would that fall on your "DANGER" scale?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt
No, I don't equate the 'two' - and by that I mean what McCain did and what Trump did - not what the FBI did. You keep twisting things away from the post I responded to. That post claimed McCain, by passing along the 'dossier' to the FBI, was subverting a sitting President. By... passing information to the FBI to investigate.

Again, McCain has a duty to pass along information that alleges wrongdoing to an agency like the FBI. It ain't his fault if they do or don't investigate it. It ain't his fault if the FBI does or doesn't conduct wrongdoing all on their own after receiving information.

To the point about 'subverting a sitting president' I brought up how Trump called for revolution, and to march on Washington, saying they couldn't let Obama have another term - just because Trump didn't like the Presidential election results. Subvert would be rather what Trump did - or at least what he called for. McCain did not.

It's not my job to report posts in this forum or anyone else's. I'm simply passing along information.

The only 'congress critter' I know of who said anything close to that was in a State legislature and didn't say what you have quoted. Anyone saying that should and probably has been visited by the Secret Service, and/or arrested for threats. Why do you think I would be okay with that?

Generally, the Secret Service does investigate similar remarks or worse, but often find these threats not credible and don't prosecute people over it. Does this actually surprise you that saying something like that on social media could get you in trouble?

Here's something from 2013 - 10 Ways To Get Arrested For Tweeting
edit on 23Tue, 06 Feb 2018 23:49:20 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Does this actually surprise you that saying something like that on social media could get you in trouble?

Not being a part of any social media cult, I have no idea what can get one "in trouble."

So the meme was fake? That congress critter didn't have that on the screen of her phone? Photoshop? It wouldn't surprise me but I would be interested in finding out who faked it up. Seems to be a lot of stuff being faked up.

edit on 7-2-2018 by diggindirt because: correction

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I don't think McCain meant to win at all, he was a decoy along with Palin. The way I see it, it's all song and dance yadda yadda. They always choose candidates of their choice to make it out like a big deal, in reality, it's all for show. They choose their candidates then put on a great show for everyone all the while knowing full well who's the chosen Golden candidate. The last Presidential election though, One that wasn't their own, snuck through the cracks and surprised them. They got sloppy and lost and now their going insane trying to regain their position in the chess game.
edit on 7-2-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I remember people voting back then. They were afraid he would die and leave Palin in office. If he had picked a boring VP like Pence then Obama would have lost.

Revisionist history now paints Palin as the great one in that team.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

you are letting your hate get in the way of your common sense. Relax. McCain was likely involved in FUNDING the dossier. Remember the Initial claims that were IN THE NEWS?

However, according to a friend who had spoken with Simpson at the time, the funding came from a “Never Trump” Republican

www.vanityfair.com...

Debate facts without emotion. Again, you are better than this.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

you are letting your hate get in the way of your common sense. Relax. McCain was likely involved in FUNDING the dossier. Remember the Initial claims that were IN THE NEWS?

However, according to a friend who had spoken with Simpson at the time, the funding came from a “Never Trump” Republican

www.vanityfair.com...

Debate facts without emotion. Again, you are better than this.

There's no hate here. The word 'subvert' has a meaning. If McCain only passed on the 'dossier' then he did nothing to subvert a sitting President (nor was Trump actually in office at the time, to be technically accurate). If McCain did fund the 'dossier,' then that is a different matter.

However... Nunes' memo alleges that only the Democrats funded the 'dossier' - so which one is right?
edit on 16Wed, 07 Feb 2018 16:35:31 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

And that "official" story is unraveling fast.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Maybe he would have had a chance if he hadn't yoked himself to dumb as a post government Barbie.

Spoken like a true sexist. You possess all the qualities you profess to hate about Trump, Silly.

Stupid men get elected all the time...but "stupid women lose elections for men who don't even bother trying to win." Got it.

Sexist my ass. There's dumb politicians (Dubya) and then there's Political Barbie Master Level Moronic (Palin). She was a very. poor. choice, all around.

Not nearly as poor a choice as Hillary Clinton.

Speaking of which ... I recall how good the national press was at finding and digging through all of Palin's emails. It seems they've gone downhill since those days. They couldn't be bothered to apply even a fraction of that diligence when it came to Hillary's emails.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

However... Nunes' memo alleges that only the Democrats funded the 'dossier' - so which one is right?

I sure don't know, but I did bring an article to back up what I said, and it's validity should be proven when this investigation comes to fruition. But regardless, McCain is a dick and had a hand in trying to effect opinions with bull#. Which is another way to describe Politics in general, but when you are caught up on something this sleazy, hiding out due to "illness", just doesn't cut it.

He could have went away with most thinking he was a war hero, and instead, he will likely die as just another DC asshole.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join