It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember John McCain?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If his running mate that year had an I.Q. above moron level...he may have stood a chance. She was the embodiment of "all looks, no smarts". And still is a moron.

Don't blame it on Palin for being stupid when people elected Bush Jr.

I agree with BFFT and have always thought that McCain didn't put up a fight nor fuss against Obama. Palin fought harder than her running mate.

ETA: Can't top GWB's kind of stupid:

1. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

2. "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."—Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

3. "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"—Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

4. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."—Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

5. "Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."—declining to answer reporters' questions at the Summit of the Americas, Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001

6. "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.''—Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

7. "I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."—Washington, D.C., April 18, 2006

8. "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."—Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

9. "I've heard he's been called Bush's poodle. He's bigger than that."—discussing former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, as quoted by the Sun newspaper, June 27, 2007

10. "And so, General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq."—meeting with Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008

11. "We ought to make the pie higher."—South Carolina Republican debate, Feb. 15, 2000

12. "There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."—Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

13. "And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it."—speaking on National Public Radio, Jan. 29, 2007

14. "We'll let our friends be the peacekeepers and the great country called America will be the pacemakers."—Houston, Sept. 6, 2000

15. "It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet."—Arlington Heights, Ill., Oct. 24, 2000

16. "One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."—U.S. News & World Report, Jan. 3, 2000

17. "People say, 'How can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil?' You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you."—Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

18. "Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness."—CNN online chat, Aug. 30, 2000

19. "I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a friend."—on the prospect of visiting Denmark, Washington, D.C., June 29, 2005

20. "I think it's really important for this great state of baseball to reach out to people of all walks of life to make sure that the sport is inclusive. The best way to do it is to convince little kids how to—the beauty of playing baseball."—Washington, D.C., Feb. 13, 2006

21. "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."—LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

22. "You know, when I campaigned here in 2000, I said, I want to be a war president. No president wants to be a war president, but I am one."—Des Moines, Iowa, Oct. 26, 2006

23. "There's a huge trust. I see it all the time when people come up to me and say, 'I don't want you to let me down again.' "—Boston, Oct. 3, 2000

24. "They misunderestimated me."—Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

25. "I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."—Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

edit on 2/5/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Maybe he would have had a chance if he hadn't yoked himself to dumb as a post government Barbie.
Barack Obama and Joe Biden was a stronger ticket.

American women couldn't identify with a shot gun toting moose hunter. But at least she had her eyes on Russia. Lol.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Maybe he would have had a chance if he hadn't yoked himself to dumb as a post government Barbie.

Spoken like a true sexist. You possess all the qualities you profess to hate about Trump, Silly.

Stupid men get elected all the time...but "stupid women lose elections for men who don't even bother trying to win." Got it.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Isnt he dead yet? He needs to die already so we can start dancing on his tomb.

Soon.

edit on 2 5 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I just remember this to be a bit different when it first came out.

As I recall, at the time we knew nothing about the FBI involvement. McCain did. He was covering for them.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Back then, the dossier was almost certain to be true. Now, not so much.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
There should be a worldwide live telecast of McCain and Putin in a bare knuckle match of fisting cuffs.
Id like to see him get his eyes dotted. Mr. Wetfire is a jerk
edit on 5-2-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Actually Palin was how Mc Cain had any sort of showing at all in 2008. Nobody wanted to vote for him in the Midwest. And W wasn’t quite as dumb as he acted. You can find videos of him being articulate and intelligent in his speeches. He learned that the aw shucks good old boy routine made him relatable in Texas versus an Ivy League yankee. So that is what he went with, and it worked.

Check hard enough and you might even find a video saying it himself.
edit on 5-2-2018 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The official story how McCain got ahold of the dossier....

On 18 November 2016, Sir Andrew Wood, British ambassador to Moscow from 1995 to 2000, met with U.S. Senator John McCain at the Halifax International Security Forum in Canada, and told McCain about the existence of the collected materials about Trump. Wood vouched for Christopher Steele’s professionalism and integrity. In early December, McCain obtained a copy of the dossier from David J. Kramer, Senior Director at the McCain Institute. On 9 December 2016 McCain met personally with FBI Director James Comey to pass on the information.

Conservative Website First Funded Anti-Trump Research by Firm That Later Produced Dossier

It has long been known that Fusion GPS was first hired by Republicans, but it was not known who was the source of the funding.

edit on 5-2-2018 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Actually Palin was how Mc Cain had any sort of showing at all in 2008. Nobody wanted to vote for him in the Midwest. And W wasn’t quite as dumb as he acted. You can find videos of him being articulate and intelligent in his speeches. He learned that the aw shucks good old boy routine made him relatable in Texas versus an Ivy League yankee. So that is what he went with, and it worked.

Check hard enough and you might even find a video saying it himself.

Doesn't matter if he was playing up the dumb act or not. He said a lot of really, really dumb things and he was still *allowed* to take himself seriously.

Palin? Many thought she had no right to take herself seriously.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't think this was McCain's first rodeo passing information.a reply to: network dude

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

If anyone need a mental health evaluation it is John McCain

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Great post . After reading all the back and forth crap on other posts, this is the best answer so far . Now how do we get it back to normal . I - 2 - 3 or more elections . I'm in my 60's and would love to be alive when our government works for the people .

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Spoken like a true sexist. You possess all the qualities you profess to hate about Trump, Silly.

Stupid men get elected all the time...but "stupid women lose elections for men who don't even bother trying to win." Got it.

well posted!
a sane voice in a never ending assault on sanity

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Sexist my ass. There's dumb politicians (Dubya) and then there's Political Barbie Master Level Moronic (Palin). She was a very. poor. choice, all around.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: network dude

Oh, no, some of us remember very clearly his attempt to subvert a sitting President.

"Only passed it on." uh-huh. Had it been one of his boys, that memo would never have seen the light of day via his shenanigans.

After he, to all intents and purposes, threw the election that saw us inflicted with a Chicago political activist masquerading as a President, his nature as a treacherous little rat stood revealed. So his political back stab of Trump should have been no surprise, and wasn't.

What about another man's attempt to subvert a sitting President?

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!
10:29 PM - 6 Nov 2012

That would be the current one advocating removal of the previous one on the eve of his reelection by force.

He's deleted some others in his rant since, but this preserves it from just a few days after.

He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 7, 2012

The phoney electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!

We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.

More votes equals a loss...revolution!

This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!

Our country is now in serious and unprecedentedtrouble...like never before.

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

Hopefully the House of Representatives can hold our country together for four more years...stay strong and never give up!

House of Representatives shouldn't give anything to Obama unless he terminates Obamacare.

Comparatively, handing a dossier that the FBI already had parts or the whole of with a shrug is... rather tame.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

You are actually equating what someone said on a social network to actions of a governmental agency planning to take down an elected president?

That is really sad. And too much for me to even get my head around....just WOW!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
JOHN McCAIN Grants AMNESTY, but NO BORDER WALL.
www.breitbart.com...

I think his brain cancer has made him unfit for duty!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

you are a lot better than this.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Speech vs action. There IS a difference. One is protected one is not.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join