It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember John McCain?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

On December 9, McCain sat in the office of F.B.I. director James Comey and, with no other aides present, handed him the typed pages that could bring about the downfall of a president. Afterward, the senator would issue a statement that amounted to little more than a hapless shrug, and a disingenuous one to boot: he had been “unable to make a judgment about their accuracy” and so he’d simply passed them on.

www.vanityfair.com...

This is how the Steele Dossier was reported back in the day. It's strange that "never Trumper" John McCain and his accomplice at the time Lindsey Graham seem to not be on the same side of this debacle now. McCain seems to have fallen Ill with Brain Cancer, so I suppose TPTB will just leave his name out of all this out of some respect he apparently is owed. I just remember this to be a bit different when it first came out.

Whatever happens with the new information, lets not forget who the key players were. They weren't all Democrats. (or were they?)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

(or were they?)

That term 'RINO' means something.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Not a partisan myself, but i was struck by how McCain's run for the presidency seemed to have been purposefully thrown.

Either that, or he is the worst and most tone deaf candidate that the GOP ever put forth.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Ummm...I've been saying this for a while...However...you were much more genteel about it than I was...

I'd have had to use more defining descriptors...such as..."Songbird"...Or "Ole Wet start"...

Kudo's for bringing this to the board...

YouSir

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Oh, no, some of us remember very clearly his attempt to subvert a sitting President.

"Only passed it on." uh-huh. Had it been one of his boys, that memo would never have seen the light of day via his shenanigans.

After he, to all intents and purposes, threw the election that saw us inflicted with a Chicago political activist masquerading as a President, his nature as a treacherous little rat stood revealed. So his political back stab of Trump should have been no surprise, and wasn't.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

He's shifty and all, but the way this is all going down now, and the part where he is conveniently not mentioned makes me think he is a key player in the deep state (or whatever name you want to give them)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

If his running mate that year had an I.Q. above moron level...he may have stood a chance. She was the embodiment of "all looks, no smarts". And still is a moron.
edit on 5-2-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Of course he is, or rather was... Illness can't have helped his standing any. He may be discovering that his "allies" were only of the moment sort.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Either that, or he is the worst and most tone deaf candidate that the GOP ever put forth.

Worse than Bob Dole?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Unless there is a way to "take it with you when you go", you have to wonder at what point will he have his epiphany and realize he will be remembered not as a hero, but as a criminal. (that is if the MSM is allowed to mention his name when this all comes to fruition.)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Hmm...

I'm not...

I'm gonna have to go with it's close...

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Y'all can hate on McCain... but without him you would never have had Palin. And without Palin to dumb down politics to an astoundingly embarrassing degree, there would have been no Trump.

She opened the door for the idiocy we now see in the highest (political) position in this country.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Y'all can hate on McCain... but without him you would never have had Palin. And without Palin to dumb down politics to an astoundingly embarrassing degree, there would have been no Trump.

She opened the door for the idiocy we now see in the highest (political) position in this country.

Ummm...who in the thread said they hated him...?

Why on earth would anyone grant him that power over their mental state...?

The rest of your opining...was akin to one...long...loud snore...it even had that streamer of drool there at the end...

Care for a tissue...?

YouSir

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You're talking about Obama right?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Hmmm, did those that voted Obama in love Palin? Or is it more likely that those who voted Trump in loved Palin?
I think you know the answer.
edit on 5-2-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

a reply to: GuidedKill

Hmmm, did those that voted Obama in love Palin? Or is it more likely that those who voted Trump in loved Palin?
I think you know the answer.

Those who voted in Obama hated Bush and Palin. Those who voted in Trump hated Obama and Clinton.

Believe me Palin has nothing to do with Trump...But Obama and Hillary...well that's a different story. Maybe those who govern together will serve together...in jail that is.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You need to rewind back to 1980 to find the initial cause of stupidity today. See Charlotte Iserbyte.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Not a partisan myself, but i was struck by how McCain's run for the presidency seemed to have been purposefully thrown.

Honestly, John McCain and Bob Dole both struck me as being "token" candidates who were never intended to win. I mean, I liked Sarah Palin, but she was clearly in way over her head, and McCain selecting her as his running mate only enforced the idea that McCain wasn't really serious about winning the election. Bob Dole spent his entire campaign looking old and tired (not unlike Hillary in 2016).

OTOH, John Kerry was also a token candidate. The man has all the warmth & charisma of a body on display in a funeral home, and his entire campaign from beginning to end felt to me like it was phoned in.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You win the award for accuracy today! Those of us who have been in the education field watched it progress...
That could be a whole thread!

"Teach them to walk in a single-file line and wait patiently for whatever is put into their hands." was the way one 30 year veteran of teaching summed it.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Never liked McCain. Whenever he gets called out the 'war hero' comes up and it is like he is untouchable. Please. That was a long time ago. He is a weasel. Crummy voting record on vets also. Like in 08 he was against more education and then again voted against mental health funding.

Obamacare - thumbs down deciding vote. That was the final nail in the coffin for me. This prick sat there and because of the sitting president he voted it down.

McCain and Graham have GOT TO GO....

As far as Palin, were any of you governors of states or run for VP? No, then STFU about stupidity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join