It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan is a “real person armed with dark powers”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: howtonhawky
It feels that way sometimes until you find your spirit on a weber grill and you have no savior to help a fellow out.

He hasn't helped so far, so he's definitely not somebody you can count on.

And you, a mere human, think you know best what is good for you?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I dont have a problem, not that its any of your business. I am simply fed up with trolls invoking comments from "believers" just to draw them out and make fun of them for believing, in their words, in some magical sky god. People believe and many practice their faith beliefs for many reasons. People can hate them for ther beliefs but to attempt to draw them out to make them targets for expressions of hate is assinine, anti-intellectual, and cheap.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Get back on your meds pope, there is no such thing as a boogeyman

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I know myself and I know the things that fly around here and in space. I always want to refer them as extraterrestrials but when I look at I don't see the conventional means of transportation I would suggest it should be.

Can there be both or do I really see etherical or esoteric entities that use space as you would think heaven and hell is just beyond our blue skies..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

The links between the pope and Satan were detailed in this very interesting book from 1984

www.amazon.co.uk...

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
There is no satan you just been told scary stories

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have always said to my enemies... If you can't be a man, then at least be clever. It's the next best thing.

But... I have felt the potency of Catholicism.
It's real... Albeit you find it when not looking for it.

Mormons and JWs are crooks.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   
There are certainly many "real" skin suits shambling around that are evil, evil, evil and fear, ego, greed and psychopathy explain those nastier humans so well ... but the ol' prince o the world as a physical humanoid?

I always pictured a primordial oozing mass of black ick with mouths and eyes scattered around it, attended by legions of misshapen, stunted imps... .and maybe some bat wings thrown on.

Some guy in a suit, even Al Pacino, just doesn't do the sheer amount of evil in this world justice.

I await the views proving his dark existence, though, as too much I used to chuckle at has been shown to have some shade of subjective reality in this dreamlike world... so who knows?

I prefer sunshine, song, puppies and hugs most of the time, but know the dark has a place to give contrast and value to the good things. Balance.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma
The Catholic Church and religions in general have been feeding the people half truths and downright lies in order to condition the masses their way since the beginning.. Like everyone I meet I will decide whether I like them or not when I meet them and get to know them, propaganda won't influence me.
But for me know I believe in balance also and a god and a devil on each shoulder maybe closer to the truth than people realise. In this world of duality God/Satan may not only be important but necessary.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Sounds like propaganda. Personally, I can't just take his word for it without at least video evidence of this Satan guy doing bad stuff. What we have here is libel, especially if Old Scratch isn't around to defend himself against the allegations. Innocent until proven guilty and all that good American justice stuff.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: howtonhawky
It feels that way sometimes until you find your spirit on a weber grill and you have no savior to help a fellow out.

He hasn't helped so far, so he's definitely not somebody you can count on.

And you, a mere human, think you know best what is good for you?

The bill of rights was written by people who know what is best for us. You know, we the people.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
satan is a symbol used to project the causes of human suffering onto.
particularly when cruelty and decrepit are involved.
I feel it is a valid symbol to represent human's tendency to "wickedness".
The "destroyer", has only the power to destroy.
which can go only so far.
edit on 0000001111461111America/Chicago27 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: Baddogma
...Like everyone I meet I will decide whether I like them or not when I meet them and get to know them, propaganda won't influence me.

Prejudice and Discrimination—Getting to the Roots (Awake!—2009)

A good start is to acknowledge that none of us are above developing prejudices. The book Understanding Prejudice and Discrimination says: “Perhaps the most important conclusions to emerge from prejudice research are these: (1) no one capable of human thought and speech is immune from harboring prejudice, (2) it often takes deliberate effort and awareness to reduce prejudice, and (3) with sufficient motivation, it can be done.”

Education has been described as “the most powerful tool” in the fight against prejudice. The right education can, for example, expose the root causes of prejudice, enable us to examine our own attitudes more objectively, and help us deal wisely with prejudice when we are victims.

Getting to the Roots

Prejudice causes people to distort, misinterpret, or even ignore facts that conflict with their predetermined opinions. Prejudice may have its beginnings in seemingly innocent, but misguided, family values, or it may be sown by those who deliberately promote warped views of other races or cultures. Prejudice can also be fostered by nationalism and false religious teachings. And it can be a product of inordinate pride. As you reflect on the following points and on pertinent principles taken from the Bible, why not examine your own attitudes and see if changes are in order?

Associates. ...

Nationalism. One dictionary defines nationalism as “a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations.” Ivo Duchacek, a professor of political science, observed in his book Conflict and Cooperation Among Nations: “Nationalism divides humanity into mutually intolerant units. As a result people think as Americans, Russians, Chinese, Egyptians, or Peruvians first, and as human beings second​—if at all.” A former UN secretary-general wrote: “So many of the problems that we face today are due to, or the result of, false attitudes​—some of them have been adopted almost unconsciously. Among these is the concept of narrow nationalism​—‘my country, right or wrong.’”

What does the Bible say? ...

Racism. ...

Religion. ...

Pride. In the form of inordinate self-esteem or haughtiness, pride can make a person more susceptible to prejudice. For example, pride can cause a person to be prone to feelings of superiority or disdain toward the less educated or the materially poor. It may also make him inclined to believe propaganda that elevates his national or ethnic group. Clever propagandists, such as Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler, have deliberately nurtured national and racial pride to rally the support of the masses and to malign those considered to be different or undesirable.

What does the Bible say? ...

Name-Calling

Some people insult those who disagree with them by questioning character or motives instead of focusing on the facts. Name-calling slaps a negative, easy-to-remember label onto a person, a group, or an idea. The name-caller hopes that the label will stick. If people reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves, the name-caller’s strategy has worked.

For example, in recent years a powerful antisect sentiment has swept many countries in Europe and elsewhere. This trend has stirred emotions, created the image of an enemy, and reinforced existing prejudices against religious minorities. Often, “sect” becomes a catchword. ...

Playing on the Emotions

Even though feelings might be irrelevant when it comes to factual claims or the logic of an argument, they play a crucial role in persuasion. Emotional appeals are fabricated by practiced publicists, who play on feelings as skillfully as a virtuoso plays the piano.

For example, fear is an emotion that can becloud judgment. And, as in the case of envy, fear can be played upon. The Canadian newspaper The Globe and Mail, of February 15, 1999, reported the following from Moscow: “When three girls committed suicide in Moscow last week, the Russian media immediately suggested they were fanatical followers of the Jehovah’s Witnesses.” Note the word “fanatical.” Naturally, people would be fearful of a fanatic religious organization that supposedly drives young people to suicide. Were these unfortunate girls really connected with Jehovah’s Witnesses in some way?

The Globe continued: “Police later admitted the girls had nothing to do with [Jehovah’s Witnesses]. But by then a Moscow television channel had already launched a new assault on the sect, telling viewers that the Jehovah’s Witnesses had collaborated with Adolf Hitler in Nazi Germany—despite historical evidence that thousands of their members were victims of the Nazi death camps.” In the mind of the misinformed and possibly fearful public, Jehovah’s Witnesses were either a suicidal cult or Nazi collaborators!

Hatred is a strong emotion exploited by propagandists. Loaded language is particularly effective in triggering it. There seems to be a nearly endless supply of nasty words that promote and exploit hatred toward particular racial, ethnic, or religious groups.

Some propagandists play on pride. Often we can spot appeals to pride by looking for such key phrases as: “Any intelligent person knows that . . .” or, “A person with your education can’t help but see that . . .” A reverse appeal to pride plays on our fear of seeming stupid. Professionals in persuasion are well aware of that.

Source: The Manipulation of Information (Awake!—2000)

Propaganda can foster prejudice in rather subtle ways, it's best not to be too naive about it by assuming one is immune to either. Not that it isn't a wholesome goal to work towards, but it gets harder when one thinks one is already there. Especially if that feeling about oneself was nurtured by those playing on your pride (making one feel that they're doing well in this regards and have nothing to worry or be on their guard about, nurturing a false sense of security in this regards).
edit on 1-12-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I agree its a daily struggle and impossible to wipe out completely but constant reflection is needed, I try not to hold grudges but let my anger vent if someone rubs me up the wrong way, after reflecting I will usually try and right my wrongs. Self actualisation may only be a pipe dream but I find comfort on knowing at least I'm trying.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join