It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan is a “real person armed with dark powers”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Is this news?
I thought these guys believed all those players are real.

Isn't that the whole point of religion?
edit on 262018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: intrptr

Seems eerily similar to the insane ramblings of a person experiencing a psychotic break.

More like maintaining the status quo. If theres no devil theres nothing to fear, no reason to go to church.

I disagree that it takes a boogie man to get folks into the church. It is one way but not the only way.

Thats subjective. Every Paradigm has its 'boogeymen'.

How else are we to maintain the 'struggle '?

Further:

Thats one take. The other is control, thru fear.

The most awfullest descriptives of Hell are only superseded by Mans inhumanity to man. Hell is here, now. The adversary is anyone who is unchristian like, un christ like, the 'anti'-christ. The opposite of how christ would behave: where kind, supplant meanness, where peaceful supplant conflict, where friendly , inflict pain, loss, grieving, murder, war, poverty, disease, etc.

There are people that operate purely from spite and averice, enjoy inflicting suffering on others. They are the "Devil", not some spirit behind the scenes. Those behind the scenes are like the wizard in the wizard of OZ, it is a man pulling the levers behind the curtain, just a man.

The most evil acts on this planet are perped by malevolent, disturbed human beings.

Religion is a tool used to deflect blame elsewhere; its the devils fault, "the devil made me do it". This exonerates the real guilty parties, gives them a free pass to continue, because after all, all we can do to stop the evil devil is 'pray about it'.

So of course the head of one of the big religions is going to continue that facade, telling everyone the spirit of evil is a 'real person'.

Get the twist? Its a brilliant mind meld.
edit on 6-2-2018 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Step into my confessional and let me have a look at that fine Vienna Sausage.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

If theres no devil theres nothing to fear, no reason to go to church.

What about the bake sales?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Lol, Always needs non-profit, non taxable, buy your way to heaven, charitable, donated money...

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

-Ephesians 6:12

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

That is a decent rundown of some the factors that contribute to negative power and control.

Unfortunately while the bible can be interpreted in many ways it is also real and literal.

It does not do mankind much good for those who know 100% that these things are real to speak out bout them.

Cause they are subjective.

If i say i have seen this or that does not mean squat to most cause each has own path and set of operating parameters that have got them to this point so why change now.

I might as well say that someone like gb who runs the blaze is the ac. lol

Or we could go real crazy and just say that power converters are the grim reapers cause they make ac. lol

No life is better if we know only enough to get us through the day otherwise our brains would over heat.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Deceiving with the title of religion, and public inscription of mystery: which the beast in times past did not bear.

Satan talks, he doesn't listen.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

The problem here is that people don't read the Word and take it literally;

I take it literal but i will tell you truth gets clear and crazy from that point.
Someone once told me that in the name Jesus the j should be pronounced as the h sound.
Like spanish. That's crazy stuff and would sound like saying hesus. As in He's us. Only a guy like satan would hide such from us. Right in front of our eyes but well hidden from us.

Actually His name is Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

Which when transliterated sounds like ee-ay-sou

The 'j' sound doesn't really exist in Koine Greek, it was inserted into the text when King James made his English translation from the Latin Vulgate.

Later, other translations were created that adhered more to the original Koine Greek text of the original letters such as the New American Standard.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm thinking he's a lot like this. White man. Snappy dresser.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The Pope is not lying -
edit on 6-2-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The Magus by Francis Barrett - Love how he adapted Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy!
edit on 6-2-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The Pope should know. He has access to secrets that no other human does. That being said, Satan (the Devil) operates with God's permission. God created everyone and everything.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I might as well say that someone like gb who runs the blaze is the ac. lol

And you wouid be mistaken, the beast is not any single person, it is a conglomerate; a multi headed hydra of power, greed and corruption, waging aggressive war on nations for unjust reasons, for territory, resources and control.

This 'beast' is a conglomerate of nations, men and women. The bible says 'it' has iron teeth and nails, 'stomping the ground and breaking up the residue', i.e., pounding the rubble with bombs, tanks, death and destruction.

The iron teeth and claws are the steel weapons of war.

The evil doers are politicians, bankers, oligarchs and generals.

Just men.

About the bible being literal, its is a book written by men, the soul is literal. Which is better, hearing somebody else talk about the radio program they heard and wrote down for you to read, or hearing the radio station yourself? You can read it from others or tune into the broadcast and listen to that directly.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So if Satan, a real person, that mean he won't burst into flames, vapor like me?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

And you wouid be mistaken

nope it is still subjective till you know and likely just all descriptions of the same thing but with a few parameters missing or skewed

but i get the whole wants to remain anon thing with the real ac

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

And BINGO!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

thanks for clarifying

my phonetic delusions transcend all language and time barriers

meaning that my belief is that everything to this point has been manipulated in the English speaking world in order to have the desired outcome they choose

i get to this conclusion because it is my belief that looking into this reality from the outside one sees everything at once and any changes made to the system as a hole have phonetic implications in the past and present at the same time.

bottom line is that the truth is hidden in every language and language is very akin to the fundamentals forces that control states and countries.

This is a reason why borders language and culture is the best protection against unwanted change to reality.

Civilizations rise and fall by way of the tongue

. to the greeks

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

This is the same Pope that is considering changes to The Lord's Prayer.

Maybe he has been talking to Satan.
tons of people know mandela effect changed the bible in huge ways.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Civilizations rise and fall by way of the tongue

Correction: They fall by way of the sword.

In modern times, by hi velocity fragments.
edit on 7-2-2018 by intrptr because: addtional

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join