It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Students Oppose Obama Remarks When Told They're From Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: bluechevytree

what utter bollox

this crap is pathetic - they " interview " as many people as it takes to get 10 idiots - and discard all other answers

...so 10 students?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

what utter bollox

this crap is pathetic - they " interview " as many people as it takes to get 10 idiots - and discard all other answers

Now you have done it , reality has no place in trump circle jerk.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

As I work at a college, I was willing to give it 11 interviews before they got their 10 students.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

LOL. This experiment would work with all liberals. This is too funny.

I bet it works the other way round too.

Crap social experiment.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm shocked!
Collage students who don't actually know anything outside what they are force FED from NPR, MSM, or their professors?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm a 36 year old college student. I grew up in a Republican state with a republican leaning family. However, I was alway taught to have a free mind. I'm thankful for that. I was in the military for 14 years before going back to college. I am the old guy in all my classes and I'm astonished at a few observations I've made.

1. The teachings are HEAVILY based on liberal ideologies. They even focus material on liberal beliefs that don't require any political spin whatsoever.

2. Most students don't know any better and believe everything they are being told. There are very few free minds.

3. I've had professors reference Marxism as a good thing in class. My teeth hurt after that class because I was clinching them so hard. I nearly got up and left in the middle of class...but, I maintained emotional intelligence.

4. Conservative beliefs are either not mentioned at all or outright spat upon in lectures. Which, I don't care if anyone is left, right, or indifferent...but I do care about a person's right to decide what they want to believe in life without having a bias pressed on them.

5. White males really are awful human beings in their teachings....even if they themselves are white males. I'm an outdoorsman too...so I have had to hear how terrible of a human being I am for enjoying hunting and fishing.

I'm going because I need the piece of paper that says I have a degree. Sure, there are some great pieces of knowledge I'm collecting along the way that will be useful down the road; but if I'm going to succeed in a new career at my age...I need that piece of paper that says Bachelors degree and Masters degree. So I'll ignore all the ridiculous nonsense that comes with it if it helps me get hired to better paying jobs or one day gets me a bigger and better small business loan. But I feel bad for young, influential kids who are going to colleges and universities that will never be able to see the world through unfiltered eyes and make their own decisions in life.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
I'm a 36 year old college student. I grew up in a Republican state with a republican leaning family. However, I was alway taught to have a free mind. I'm thankful for that. I was in the military for 14 years before going back to college. I am the old guy in all my classes and I'm astonished at a few observations I've made.

1. The teachings are HEAVILY based on liberal ideologies. They even focus material on liberal beliefs that don't require any political spin whatsoever.

2. Most students don't know any better and believe everything they are being told. There are very few free minds.

3. I've had professors reference Marxism as a good thing in class. My teeth hurt after that class because I was clinching them so hard. I nearly got up and left in the middle of class...but, I maintained emotional intelligence.

4. Conservative beliefs are either not mentioned at all or outright spat upon in lectures. Which, I don't care if anyone is left, right, or indifferent...but I do care about a person's right to decide what they want to believe in life without having a bias pressed on them.

5. White males really are awful human beings in their teachings....even if they themselves are white males. I'm an outdoorsman too...so I have had to hear how terrible of a human being I am for enjoying hunting and fishing.

I'm going because I need the piece of paper that says I have a degree. Sure, there are some great pieces of knowledge I'm collecting along the way that will be useful down the road; but if I'm going to succeed in a new career at my age...I need that piece of paper that says Bachelors degree and Masters degree. So I'll ignore all the ridiculous nonsense that comes with it if it helps me get hired to better paying jobs or one day gets me a bigger and better small business loan. But I feel bad for young, influential kids who are going to colleges and universities that will never be able to see the world through unfiltered eyes and make their own decisions in life.

I'm in my 30s and considering going to college after getting out of the military. What you've detailed is what I've come to expect I'll have to put up with if I do go. I wonder if I can make it 2 or 4 years without getting kicked out for hurting somebody's feelings with a dose of reality.
edit on 7 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I'm in my 30s and considering going to college after getting out of the military. What you've detailed is what I've come to expect I'll have to put up with if I do go. I wonder if I can make it 2 or 4 years without getting kicked out for hurting somebody's feelings with a dose of reality.

Without a college degree, you'd be entering a civilian work force where same-aged people and younger all have advanced degrees and the experience in the profession. I'm studying Sports Leadership & Management...there is no succeeding without the degree. But, your military experience does offer several advantages that traditional college students will never have.

Future employers will see that military experience as representative of discipline, reliability and leadership. Huge parts of the workforce that are severely lacking in traditional college grads. I've been able to have good debates with a few of my professors from time to time. Other times I just keep my mouth shut on a few particular subjects and focus on keeping a high G.P.A. It is painstakingly quiet in most of my classrooms. These kids either don't care to interact with the lecture or are too dimwitted to. Not all, of course. And usually the ones that do speak are intelligent in nature...so it helps.

Make sure you get as many transfer credits from your military experience as you possibly can. My first semester was this past August...between my associates degree (CCAF), military training, and previous college experience combined with the classes I'm taking now...I'll be done with my Bachelors and Masters in May of next year. Point is...all those transfer credits I had are gonna help me get in and get out as quick as humanely possible so I can minimize the opportunities to say something "offensive" or hurt someones feelings. lol
edit on 7-2-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

what utter bollox

Yeah, but it’s funny right?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

originally posted by: notsure1

LOL. This experiment would work with all liberals. This is too funny.

I bet it works the other way round too.

I'd be very disappointed if it didn't.

Crap social experiment.

Not at all. It shows how preconceived biases clearly affect rational thought, and the retrieval of stored information. Had any of those students not been under the influence of preconceived bias or took a moment to think about the statement, not the person uttering it ; They wouldn't have been fooled.

And yes, that same train of thought applies to the "other way around" as well.

(post by RustyNailer removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Love videos like these. Also love the salty libs that always comment "you know conservatives are dumb too, right?!? Did you know that!!!"

A little insecure there, eh?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Without a college degree, you'd be entering a civilian work force where same-aged people and younger all have advanced degrees and the experience in the profession. I'm studying Sports Leadership & Management...there is no succeeding without the degree. But, your military experience does offer several advantages that traditional college students will never have.

Future employers will see that military experience as representative of discipline, reliability and leadership. Huge parts of the workforce that are severely lacking in traditional college grads. I've been able to have good debates with a few of my professors from time to time. Other times I just keep my mouth shut on a few particular subjects and focus on keeping a high G.P.A. It is painstakingly quiet in most of my classrooms. These kids either don't care to interact with the lecture or are too dimwitted to. Not all, of course. And usually the ones that do speak are intelligent in nature...so it helps.

Make sure you get as many transfer credits from your military experience as you possibly can. My first semester was this past August...between my associates degree (CCAF), military training, and previous college experience combined with the classes I'm taking now...I'll be done with my Bachelors and Masters in May of next year. Point is...all those transfer credits I had are gonna help me get in and get out as quick as humanely possible so I can minimize the opportunities to say something "offensive" or hurt someones feelings. lol

Thanks for the info. I've been working on my transfers now, may start this fall. That's probably going to be my strategy as well is to mostly just keep my opinions to myself. I'm not there to introduce some of these naive people to the real world. They'll find out eventually. Maybe.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

We have a generation followers like we've never seen before.

Considering both sides of the equation is a lost art. The ability to debate, evaporated.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

what utter bollox

These idiots, as you so eloquently refer to them as, are the never Trumpeters being exposed before your eyes. You know, the one's that are against President Trump no matter what it is, but I will defer to your label of the never Trumpeters around this Nation because I actually do think you describe them best.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

And reported on Fox , no bias here I'm sure.

Fox is Republican. They do not deny it. They are as fallible as any of the other news channels, but the others are the news of the sheep with which we have just seen. The sheep are easily tricked because of their lack of personal responsibility to distinguish true from false.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join