It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** Steele wrote memo based on information fed through Clinton campaign.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well that is going to be pie in the face...yet again. Seems more and more keeps coming in connection with the Clintons.....

So, not only was the Clinton Campaign paying for the dossier, but they were the direct source of at least some of the information in it. Why am I not surprised?

Almost seems as if going through DNC lawyers>FusionGPS then to Steele was to hide this.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: slapjacks
a reply to: vinifalou

The question now is: who is going to jail first? I'm hoping that witch.

Aren't "we" all?

Hillary lovers in 3...2...

you guys love your countdowns....but for the few remaining liberals on this site, we don't even care about Hillary anymore, she lost in 2016, and she hasn't held public office in 5 years......and yet......you people keep hauling that "dead horse" out of the barn, so you can beat on it.

so she cannot be in any trouble now since she lost the election? You folks sure do make me smile.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
Who could Trump possibly appoint whom he could trust to investigate and prosecute this?

Haven't you seen how Trump operates, yet?

Donald Trump doesn't care about the "hiring" part, only the "firing".

His doctrine, "hire anybody", and then "fire the dis-loyal" ones.

He focuses on that one power "You're Fired!".

So, the actors will keep changing until everyone in important and critical positions are loyal to Trump.

This has been the defacto modus operandi since his inauguration.

Heads keep rolling all the time.

Eventually, the right people will be in the right positions.

And, Trump will be happy.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: BlueAjah
The "criminal referral" of Steele is new.
I hope that is true!

If they are going to charge him, he might become a source to get to those who worked with him.

How much you guys wanna bet Christopher Steele commits suicide or dies in a car accident?

While locked in the truck of the car?

With his hands tied behind his back and 2 self inflicted gun shot wounds to the back of his head.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

The ONLY WAY this was possible was from direct support from Obama. Obama is as complicit in this as anyone. He is the ONLY one with the authority to allow this abuse of power.

Just to name a few who are complicit in the conspiracy to commit treason and the real actors responsible for collusion with Russia:

Barrack Obama
Hillary Clinton
James Comey
Sally Yates
Loretta Lynch
Rod Rosenstein
and let's throw the MSM into the mix as well because you need mass distributors of disinformation as well.

Carter Page was nothing but a scapegoat to illegally spy on an American citizen.

The dems are going to be flailing and hyperventilating at levels never before seen.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yep... gettin curiouser and curiouser...

Folks need to keep something in mind and in context. If this entire debacle is as bad as it continues to increasingly look like... the entire Republic, and even the planet is on a razors edge.

There are some folks in some places that would rather see the world swept up in a planetary war, than be caught out in the open and exposed for who and what they are and have done.

So... keep it tight. Love your family. Be kind to folks... even "the enemy"... but don't apologize for standing up for right over wrong, and stay frosty.

Don't insult those who are brainwashed... just keep telling them the truth, and master "boolean logic" in truth telling.

If > then > else =

This s**t is really starting to unravel... and it's gonna be one helluva year or two.

If someone at risk doesn't burn the joint down to save their hide... people will go to jail.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

I wish people were on a razor's edge because it would imply they were awake and aware and ready for a legitimate change. However, I think people are and will always be asleep.

My favorite saying from my father was this.

There are 3 types of people in the world. Those who make things happen. Those who watch things happen. And those who don't even know anything happened at all.

So true.

edit on 6-2-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: talisman
Just a comment for people who keep talking about Hillary and the fact she is not President. She and the DNC paid for that Dossier and are responsible for a ton of the mess that has been happening for the past year. IF she was involved in trying to subvert an incoming administration and President, she should be held accountable.

By her neck along with the 7th floor and most of the DOJ.

Hey! Anyone believe Obama had no clue what was going on?

Did anyone brief him in his daily?

Oh wait! He never went to them!

Must be nice, it was only HIS FBI, DOJ and STATE DEPT going wild!

How bout them Daca's? Jerk them around much?

Obama was top dog, why no mention of his ass?

Was he AWOL again or what?

Come on Michelle, run in 2020.

Do IT! Just DO IT! I'll write you a check right now!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

The ONLY WAY this was possible was from direct support from Obama. Obama is as complicit in this as anyone. He is the ONLY one with the authority to allow this abuse of power.

Just to name a few who are complicit in the conspiracy to commit treason and the real actors responsible for collusion with Russia:

Barrack Obama
Hillary Clinton
James Comey
Sally Yates
Loretta Lynch
Rod Rosenstein
and let's throw the MSM into the mix as well because you need mass distributors of disinformation as well.

Carter Page was nothing but a scapegoat to illegally spy on an American citizen.

The dems are going to be flailing and hyperventilating at levels never before seen.

YAY!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The best part of this thread is when you pay attention to who isn't posting in it, and how out of character that is.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

The question now is: who is going to jail first?

I'm hoping that witch.

Agreed, but I bet money that if Hillary was ever convicted of anything that warranted jail time (and there are so many potential charges that would for her actions), I would bet money that suddenly she would admit to being gravely ill with some sort of mental or terminal illness that would keep her out of jail and on something like house arrest.

Yes, I still think that she has some potentially terminal illness, but like with everything that the Clintons do, I bet that she's keeping that info under wraps until it becomes tactically useful to her advantage.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
The best part of this thread is when you pay attention to who isn't posting in it, and how out of character that is.

It's hard for them to have an effective response when their talking points keep getting continually blown out of the water.

Steele Dossier is factual
...well maybe it's not 100% true but at least 70 to 80%
Carter Page went to Moscow, that's true and was in the Dossier.
The Clinton Campaign didn't pay for it.
Ok, well maybe our Lawyers did
And sure, the DNC did
The memo wasn't used at all for the FISC requests
Ok, well there were a small part of the FISC request.
Sure McCabe said there wouldn't be a FISC case without the Dossier, bit that doesn't mean anything.
There's a Yahoo news article that was used for the FISC request too!
Well yeah, the Yahoo article was with Steele but that doesn't mean anything.

See how hard it is for them......

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Her turkey neck looks funny in that pic.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

What did this other Memorandum say? And it was second in a series of reports?

Why hasn't it been released for public scrutiny?

The political motivations of why intelligence is gathered is secondary to the 1) What the information says and B) Is it accurate and verified.

The origin of the investigation into where Hillary Clinton's email server was located was indisputably a partisan, political effort to scuttle any bid for the Whitehouse, but the investigation was warranted and the factual evidence valid.

What was redacted and why?
Why was this not released along with the Dossier?
What did this other report say?

EDIT TO ADD:
Interesting!

The second memo was written by Cody Shearer, a controversial political activist and former journalist who was close to the Clinton White House in the 1990s.

Unlike Steele, Shearer does not have a background in espionage, and his memo was initially viewed with scepticism, not least because he had shared it with select media organisations before the election.

However, the Guardian has been told the FBI investigation is still assessing details in the “Shearer memo” and is pursuing intriguing leads.

One source with knowledge of the inquiry said the fact the FBI was still working on it suggested investigators had taken an aspect of it seriously.

www.theguardian.com...

#ReleasetheMemo!!

edit on 6-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Agreed

#ReleaseTheDemMemo
#ReleaseTheUnderlyingRawIntelligence

Although the Dems didn't support our memo's release, I don't see any reason to be like them in attempting to stifle transparency. Let the cards lay where they fall. If their memo is fake/retaliatory, then we'll recognize it as such. If their memo is real, and filled with truthful information then we must recognize that as well

I have no desire to see partisanship stifle transparency or the OBJECTIVE TRUTH

What I do know is that someone is guilty as hell, and seeing that person/group (whoever it may be) go down is my only priority. Either there is a massive conspiracy/obstruction, or a massive false-flag/conspiracy/treason and either way heads need to roll over this BS. I say let the evidence be our guide.

I believe one thing for certain though, both parties can't be right. Whoever emerges from this on the "right side of truth" (whichever side that may be) will likely be the last remaining party. Both sides have said far too much/committed themselves to a story/threw in all the chips. Basically, whichever side is wrong (and both can't be right, they are diametrically opposed to one another) will cease to exist in a politically meaningful way.

edit on 2/6/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Indeed

Conspicuously absent.... The real question is, will they all flood in at once?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: soberbacchus

Agreed

#ReleaseTheDemMemo
#ReleaseTheUnderlyingRawIntelligence

Yes release the Dem Memo as well.

But I was refereeing to the Memo cited in the OP.

There was another "Memo" on Trump apart from the Dossier. Let's see it.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

AB, thank you for the reply. I sincerely appreciate your consideration and evaluation of the questions/concerns I had raised above. I have always known you to be a thoughtful individual, and one more interested in fact/investigation over partisan speculation.

The conflicts of interest are based on a huge and I believe erroneous assumption, so I don’t think the story being created is true, ergo I don’t have difficulty with “conflicts if interest” because I think they are based on a gross misrepresentation of fact.

Nowhere In the document the OP posted was a true reference to Steele. The name of the foreign individual is redacted.
We are relying on assumptions. As to Grassley and Graham, why should I believe that their referral relates directly to this interpretation of the document. Again, assumptions.

That is true, of course, that he isn't unmasked as "the foreign person." However I do believe (there we go with that word "believe" again
) Steele's name would/will be revealed if and when the relevant content from this document is declassified. Of course I can not substantiated my belief, and even if it does turn out to be Steele he is of course still entitled to due process and presumptive innocence (as anyone else is)

Why are you so eager to agree with the claim that 1) the “foreign” person was actually Steele and 2) that this means Hillary fed this foreign person you are assuming to be Steele information that was then put in the Steele dossier memos?

IF Clinton fed Steele information for the dossier that was false for the purpose of undermining and falsely accusing Trump, then by all means, let the hammer of justice fall.

I suppose I just have a strong desire to see this investigation conclude. I have seen no evidence that indicates the President is guilty of any crime, and feel that such uses of our justice system is very risky territory (of course with solid evidence that is different). Steele did not include such evidence, and instead wrote up an interpretation/recollection of events collected through an unknown methodology (as you are probably aware of, intelligence collection is a different ballpark than criminal investigation/prosecution)

I do agree that if Clinton is guilty, than she deserves the hammer of justice as much as Trump or anybody else guilty of a crime. However, I do not believe in this instance that Clinton would be the individual with the criminal liability. After all, smearing political opponents is not a crime in this country nor should it be. It is the FBI officials (and possibly Steele, depending if he really did knowingly present false information) IMHO who have the most "on the line" as far as criminal proceedings go

If, and let’s pretend here that it really is Steele, Clinton provided factual information that implicated Trump in nefarious acts, then how often have we heard that the “source” doesn’t matter but the “facts” do? (I’m thinking Wikileaks dumps.)

You are correct, in as much as the quality of evidence should be the guide. In the case of WikiLeaks, they frequently (especially with the election) had a conflict of interest. However, the quality of information being released (uncontested by the campaign) satisfied that belief. It is very important to note that WikiLeaks information is not being used in a criminal investigation however. The information contained in the leaked emails did show dishonesty, but I did not myself see any conduct/information that would justify criminal prosecution of Clinton or associates. If Steele's information (or any information for that matter) is to be used in a US criminal proceeding, then of course a much higher standard must be applied before considering something evidence. If WikiLeaks data were to be used in a criminal investigation, then the collector's methodology/intention would be a very important question indeed

According to Fusion GPS, Clinton did not know Steele had been hired. So is he “in on it” too??? Really??????

I am unsure how to answer this, since I have not studied this specific matter in any detail. From my understanding, Fusion GPS also employed Mrs. Ohr (Bruce Ohr's wife, I can't recall her first name off the top of my head) and had contacts with the campaign in such a way that Clinton should have reasonably known Steele was involved. Considering she was paying for the venture, I would expect her to at least be aware of their mission (which was to gather oppo research, a totally acceptable/normal political action). My only issue in all this is this document being used for criminal proceedings (or to violate an American's 4th amendment rights). Otherwise, Clinton/Steele whomever else is within their 1st amendment rights to publish whatever material they like regardless of how true it is (at least from a criminal complaint perspective)

So yes, I am not evil and bad and I’m not ignoring an egregious act, I just happen to think the story being presented is a false one. I think the “foreigner” is the guy who ratted our Papadopoulos- he was a known Clinton supporter.

Agreed
I don't think you are evil, bad or ignoring any acts. You raised some very legitimate and valid concerns, and I hope I was able to understand them and give them the thoughtful/impartial reply they deserve. You are very likely correct on the "foreigner" as well, since as you said no names have been revealed (I believe they are classified in this particular document at this time)

And of course being a Clinton supporter doesn't make you biased/untrustworthy. After all, nearly 50% of the country would've been described as pro-Clinton, and the other 50% as pro-Trump (of course those are rough numbers, may be way off) so to disqualify someone based solely on their political impetus would not be fair either

I do of course believe there was significant violations of rights from the government, but one can hardly hold Clinton criminally responsible for this. As professional investigators, they should be able to distinguish fact from fiction, and politics from reality (of course things are said in a campaign that may not exactly be true - that is the name of the game). If Steele lied, even using information directly from Clinton, I believe it is still Steele who would be at risk for a false swearing charge (or something to that effect)

Thank you JB, I appreciate your kind tone and I apologize if I sound in any way snippy. I’m just tired of it all.

I sincerely appreciate that AB, and I would like you to know I appreciate your calm thoughts and very rational/relevant points.

I myself have been getting over a cough and sore throat (lots of green tea), and also apologize if my post was in any way insulting or snippy

Grassley and Graham’s referral to the DOJ was regarding his contacts with the media, not obtaining sources from Clinton. Here’s a link to the whole document.

Ah, thank you for that! Well, that certainly is a violation of his agreement with the FBI as persumably a confidential informant. I am curious however whether or not leaking information you have no obligation to keep secret is an actual crime. I dislike Steele as much as the next Trumper, but I hardly think we should be misusing the criminal justice system unless he did factually break a US law

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Barrack Obama
Hillary Clinton
James Comey
Sally Yates
Loretta Lynch
Rod Rosenstein

if that American citizen being spied on, is a traitor to this country, what's your problem?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Barrack Obama
Hillary Clinton
James Comey
Sally Yates
Loretta Lynch
Rod Rosenstein

if that American citizen being spied on, is a traitor to this country, what's your problem?

Party Before Country..

It's in the small print inside of every MAGA hat.

Who cares if Putin owns Trump.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join