It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Post: [THE MEMO] proves DEEPSTATE is real

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
nypost.com...

"The GOP memo proves the ‘deep state’ is real"

Now that we know what the declassified House memo says about government misconduct, we also know what it means: The Washington swamp — the deep state — is bigger, more vicious and more dangerous to American liberty than even a cynic could have imagined.

Because of the memo and previous revelations, we know that swamp creatures are embedded in the top of the FBI and the Department of Justice. Some used their power to try to tip a presidential campaign based on their personal politics.

They conducted a sham investigation of the Democratic candidate and misled federal judges to spy on at least one associate of her Republican challenger.

That isn't the end of it though. Not only are they directly implicated on the most scandalous and unlawful use of intelligence/justice system in history, but they then attempted to cover it up. When it that failed, they attempted to derail their exposure by levying alarmist and entirely unfounded scare-talk. This also failed, and like the Dems, FBI officials have permanently added their statements to the carved-in-stone record.

To block exposure of their misdeeds, these officials falsely claimed that national security would be damaged. Add that despicable lie — issued in the name of the FBI itself — to their shameful records.

Thanks to the battle over the memo, we also know with 100 percent certainty that the mainstream media is part of the swamp. The efforts by the New York Times and the Washington Post, among others, to keep the memo from ever seeing sunshine were appalling.

Indeed, and the credibility of anyone involved in this debacle has been reduced to rubbish.

Those organizations are betraying their legacies and their duties as journalists. They share with corrupt officials a hatred of Donald Trump and believe that ending his presidency justifies any and all means.

Their motives are as partisan as those of the Democrats who fought tooth and nail to scuttle the memo.

Talk about being on the wrong side of history.

edit on 2/5/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

J,

I read this article on the metro on the way into work this morning. Personally, I loved the author's take on the events and what it means for us. There are many that will still be denying that the memo has such a massive effect on our lives as citizens, but this is a good way to help add weight to the subject

+27 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You know, first, the memo was supposed to endanger national security. It was so dangerous the FBI protested its release. They released it, it showed acts of #ing treason to the US, and the Democrats and media have the freakin' cojones to call it a "nothing burger".

Am I the only guy left that remembers when exactly this situation was what we all feared Bush would do with his warrantless wiretapping programs? Remember how that a was an important reason Obama was elected?

Obama then USED THIS POWER EXACTLY AS WE FEARED BUSH WOULD, but since it's a Democrat doing it, everything is A-OK. Where is the critical thinking here? Have we really thrown out principle for political expediency?

America doesn't deserve the freedom it has for how freakin' lazy and intellectually dishonest our politicians are and those who follow them, too.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm glad it's getting exposed.

If trump actually shuts down these ridiculous programs spying on our citizens, revokes the laws that allow them to get away with it, gets these treasonous bastards locked up, and then goes so far as to reinstate some of the truth in media rules, I'd be very impressed.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Which still sounds like a lot of exaggeration and misdirection to reinforce the white houses position that it's done nothing wrong. People should be wary of rushing for their torches and pitchforks as they shout for the democratic parties heads, for the republican party will be next on the chopping block. We still have no knowledge of what the full 60 page docume t contains, and the harder this narrative (and it's always a narrative) Is pushed the more likely someone will just release the full thing and lord knows what else just to prove a point.

If it helps, remember nothing is ever as simple as it seems.

Now enjoy your victory party while it lasts, but stay away from the punch. There's more in the water than colored sugar.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: projectvxn

Which still sounds like a lot of exaggeration and misdirection to reinforce the white houses position that it's done nothing wrong. People should be wary of rushing for their torches and pitchforks as they shout for the democratic parties heads, for the republican party will be next on the chopping block. We still have no knowledge of what the full 60 page docume t contains, and the harder this narrative (and it's always a narrative) Is pushed the more likely someone will just release the full thing and lord knows what else just to prove a point.

If it helps, remember nothing is ever as simple as it seems.

Now enjoy your victory party while it lasts, but stay away from the punch. There's more in the water than colored sugar.

wow, so you think this is about partisan politics? This is about several government agencies being used to circumvent the laws. This is about right and wrong, not right and left. If there are republicans that get caught up on this, chop them as well. No issues with that. I wonder, is this how you folks are told to think, or is this something you came up with on your own?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If a person sees something like that happening in its own country and still do not get upset and pissed of about it, then there's no point in arguing with this person.

Just sad.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

So long as half our nation throws out whataboutisms when we discuss the corruption, i fear nothing will change.

If you guys have to figure out a way to lock up Trump just so we can actually discuss the 10mil pound gorilla in the room, fine. But for Christ's sake, can we not begin to actually look at the evidence, outside its relevance to Trump, for what it really is?

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I have never seen anything like this in my life. it's as if some brainwashing has occurred and nothing can get through to some people.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

DEMOCRATS and the FBI said the release of this memo would endanger national security.

In FACT, what it showed was treason by members of the FBI, the DOJ, and others. It showed these people fabricating evidence and using it to undermine the political process.

The DEMOCRATS and the FBI LIED about the nature of the memo to prevent its release. When it was released, what did the DEMOCRATS and former FBI director James Comey say to cover their asses from the actual content of the memo? That's right, they said it was a "NOTHING BURGER".

How do you go from "This is a threat to national security" to "this is a nothing burger" and just gloss over all the criminal activity?

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I have never seen anything like this in my life. it's as if some brainwashing has occurred and nothing can get through to some people.

It's not brainwashing.

People DON'T CARE that the FBI and DOJ have become weaponized because it furthers their cause.

They don't care that the Constitution has been violated.
They don't care that laws have been broken.
They don't care that rights have been violated.
They don't care that the guilty have been let off free.
They don't care that the FBI and DOJ lied.

Don't you get it yet?

They don't give a good god-damn because it furthers their ideological goals.

Right/wrong don't matter anymore.

We're dealing with a mindset best suited for the KGB or Gestapo.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: network dude

It's not brainwashing.

People DON'T CARE that the FBI and DOJ have become weaponized because it furthers their cause.

They don't care that the Constitution has been violated.
They don't care that laws have been broken.
They don't care that rights have been violated.
They don't care that the guilty have been let off free.
They don't care that the FBI and DOJ lied.

Don't you get it yet?

They don't give a good god-damn because it furthers their ideological goals.

Right/wrong don't matter anymore.

We're dealing with a mindset best suited for the KGB or Gestapo.

It's the BAMN guidebook they follow, right?

By All Means Necessary (which means laws and personal freedoms/protections be damned in the process)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

For the most part I think you're right, even if every 'deepstate' criminal is locked up, ten more weasels will pop up to replace them.

All of the past warnings were ignored, why should this one be any different?

“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.”— Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States

"Governments do not govern, but merely control the machinery of government, being themselves controlled by the hidden hand." ~ Benjamin Disraeli; Prime Minister of England

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

It's funny you mention throwing around whataboutisms considering it's a favored pass time of the right and the media supporting it. It's funny you mention Trump when these threads so far repeatedly mention Obama and Clinton as being the ultimate culprits responsible for this.

Ultimately it's the change desired that we should be wary of, so while I have no love for any of the aforementioned people or political parties (i voted for stein) I'm smart enough to know that whatever wishes you have and whatever side you fall on there are going to be darker repercussions for the American people. The past year of my side/your side politics should prove that far too many on both sides are willing to throw everything to the wolves for a few brief moments of victory without any thought to what happens next.

In other words.

Do you want a tyrannical new world order, cause this is how you get a tyrannical new world order. Get everyone so worked about the devils they know that no one pays attention to the devils they dont.

So again, enjoy your victory party now. The darker days that are sure to follow are going to come on like a bad hangover.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
questions for all of you.......how do you think our government finds out about foreign espionage against America in foreign countries?.....do you think the CIA reads the local papers in those countries to gather intel?....or, do you think the "agents" develop intel from local "friendlies"?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Look at the responses from the left crowd over all this. They seem to all have the same talking points and attitude. I agree that they don't seem to care at all about the criminality of all this, but I cannot believe that all of them who are vocal are that damn stupid. I have seen some of them put logical arguments together for different things. On this, logic is out and they are scrambling to go buy a copy of Catcher in the Rye.

It's frightening to watch.
edit on 5-2-2018 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Do you want a tyrannical new world order, cause this is how you get a tyrannical new world order.

Pretty sure ignoring treason over some misguided notion that it helps Trump is how we get dictatorships.

But really, with mentalities like this, we deserve a brutal dictatorship. We really have given up our principles. The ends do justify the means, and doing the right thing these days is nothing more than a political attack on the sensibilities of our moral superiors.

By any means necessary.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Do you want a tyrannical new world order, cause this is how you get a tyrannical new world order. Get everyone so worked about the devils they know that no one pays attention to the devils they dont.

So again, enjoy your victory party now. The darker days that are sure to follow are going to come on like a bad hangover.

Do you think that ignoring all this is the right option? Pretending that it didn't happen so we can save the sanctity of the FBI?

This is (if true) a scandal of monumental proportions. This is a lawless tyrant who rules over ALL OF US, and until right about now, had no oversight. Maybe Obama was in on it, maybe is was just an idiot who had no idea what was really happening, but the fact that this took place should register as epic with everyone here, whichever side you believe to be right politically. Again, this goes so far beyond left and right.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You voted for stein.

You are aware that she was named in the dossier as being a possible russian stoge, and is being looked at.

Pointing out the overeaches of the intel agency is not partisan.

If trump is guilty of something, lock him up.

This does not mean we should ignore evidence of wrongdoing by the dems of intel agencies.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Anyone who thinks that memo "proved" anything is an idiot. It presented no evidence and all of its claims are vague and unverified.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join