It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Defense in AU

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I mean well with the increase in population you will get an increase in crime you just have to accept it... wtf, why do we have to accept crime?

Then later when the guy suddenly starts talking about taking someone out where nobody will bother him and the crook, that sounds like an answer you get when you ask what you'll do if they hurt someone in your family, but lets just edit out the question.

Man that irritated me..
edit on 6-2-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The average police response time here in the United States is roughly 10 minutes. Quite a few things can happen in that amount of time and I have no intention of playing hide and seek for 10 minutes if someone breaks into my home.

Gives me plenty of time to call my insurance company and mop up crew.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Dog tennis ball launcher, eh? Sounds...different

As for Ramboesqueness (is that a thing?)? It would beat the two alternatives. Killing, or being such. Let me know how it works out for you.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Its just an idea to keep it legal.

Probably not viable though, not enough oomph.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I don't know... It would, I suppose, depend upon the projectile used.

Would something like that be legal in Oz? I'm not familiar with self defense laws in Oz. Simple bows and arrows are allowed, aren't they?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Compound bows are legal.

As home defence? Very illegal.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

We can throw inanimate objects at best ...

We can utilise some sporting equipment if we can prove we participate in said sport.

Oh, I think we may, under extreme circumstances, get away with throwing rocks. ( no slingshots )

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

It’s a pretty gray area, isn’t it?

I do recall hearing a story of and old fella shooting at a couple of intruders and getting away with it.

It does happen.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

What about a empty beer bottle? Surely we're legally allowed to take a potential home invader out with a beer bottle?

It'd be downright Un-Auatralian to deny us of the right to crack a potential home invader over the head with a beer bottle... since, its all most of us really have on hand...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
A sharp paint scraper on a 6 foot extension would make a passable spear,for that matter a 6 foot walking staff and a little practice would be formidable.More people are killed in the USA by hammers,clubs,and fists than by shooting.I would rather kill a intruder and worry about the law after,if you don't there may not be a later for you and your family.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

That Japanese beer asahi has a good solid and heavy bottle

My personal favorite would be those spikes from a date palm fired out of a blow dart.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Those rules are insane. How can you even count on the cops when they may not even come to your neighborhood.You should be able to own a weapon and defend whats yours, pathetic.
:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I spose we could beat them about the head with a puffer fish ...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Update, we bought a new flat and looking at another to live in until it's finished.

Not happy but she is.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Razor wire seems like a bit much honestly, especially if you have dogs... just get some good security windows and doors and rely on your blades if someone manages to get inside.

I hear ya but the wire is cheapest and the main worry is the dogs when we are not home.

I can be a scary mofo with a blade and the doggies, inside our own home in the dark.

Landlord won't spring for the permanent security.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Dog tennis ball launcher, eh? Sounds...different

As for Ramboesqueness (is that a thing?)? It would beat the two alternatives. Killing, or being such. Let me know how it works out for you.

One of them giant tree trunks spiked with bamboo that swings down out of the sky or a giant ball like in Indiana jones!

I can go with a couple drops of extra virgin on the tile stairs.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner
A sharp paint scraper on a 6 foot extension would make a passable spear,for that matter a 6 foot walking staff and a little practice would be formidable.More people are killed in the USA by hammers,clubs,and fists than by shooting.I would rather kill a intruder and worry about the law after,if you don't there may not be a later for you and your family.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

I spose we could beat them about the head with a puffer fish ...

Little plate of sashimi at point of entry?

Wasabi and some soy?

Puffer cookies?

lol.

How about hanging a dummy, all bloody and stuff with some rotten meat for atmosphere?

Are we talking daylight break ins?

Baseball bats, aluminium. Swing for the fence.

A catcher's mitt is a decent knife deterrent.

I have no mercy for dirtbags that would invade someone's home.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Use bed frames for window guards to stop rocks etc.

When one room is broken, demolish it and stack the leftovers against the next most important wall for protection.

Buy a bale or armfulls of the best bags you can find and when the time comes fill with sand from the side of the bounday fence.

If you can afford it, buy the steel fence materials and hide them somewhere and when the time comes then put them in the ground.

pre-dig some crapper holes and put the large size PVC pipe about a metere or so into the ground with caps on them in readiness for use when the time comes. Buy a crapper that wll fit inside the PVC pipe if that can be done.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
There's been plenty of cases where the property owner/occupant has taken physical action against an intruder and ended up in more legal trouble than the intruder. Defence measures like anything that could be considered to be a 'mantrap' are also highly illegal IE things like a pit in the backyard (with or without spikes). I recall at least one case where a fleeing intruder tripped over a garden hose or something left in the yard resulting in a fracture and successfully sued the owner for damages :O

Loud aggressive dogs are still ok though (as a deterrent measure)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join