It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world as we know it.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

No, it doesn't have to me a handfull of molecules or an ocean the size of Jupiter. There is a considerable variable between extremes. Also have to factor in gravity pulling down heavier gases while lighter gasses are pushed up and in some cases expelled into space. Many factors are at play and I don't pretend to know them all.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MasterAtArms

The SOHO images indicated something exploding in the what I'm going to call "blind spot zone" in the image, but you can see something happenedwithin that zone which flared out past the edges a little.

I'm not sure if you were expecting to see the flames from rockets for hours or flames from explosion for hours, or both, or something else - but I don't know the answer. I would suspect that engines wouldn't have to run continuously and I'd suspect it wouldn't have to be a massive nuclear explosion or anything lasting hours as you suggest.

Also I have no idea how far the satellite would be able to pick up a visual of any missiles. I'd suspect not too far due to how small the Sun appears in the image.
edit on 5-2-2018 by apdjbs1 because: Sun spots.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking
Well something is going on with the position of the planet. For the last year sunsets have been slightly out of place just a little to the southwest instead of directly west. Not every single day but some days. I've posted about this and had friends from other countries agree. Does anyone else notice this? Also there has been an uptake in articles about earth being overdue for a pole shift. I just read one from Newsweek the other day quoting NASA. www.newsweek.com...

It's also obvious there is unrest among people with means. Here is a Forbes article about the movement of wealthy people purchasing land in certain areas.
www.forbes.com...

The worker in Hawaii who was "responsible" for setting off the nuclear warning was first reported to " not be cooperating with the investigation" now says he thought the drill was real 100 percent. www.nbcnews.com...

I don't pretend to know what is happening...it sure does feel like there might be something going on. What it really is will we ever know? Is it natural or manmade? Is it insurance to take our eyes off the ball in case of some huge political happening? Is it really natural and they have no control? Scary times people. Our family moved out of city range over this last summer for a variety of reasons we are now living in a cabin in the middle of nowhere. I sure hoped we picked a good location for whatever SHTF!

In regards to the position of the planet, I have felt that way for years. But since no one else seemed to be freaking out or questioning it as I was, I figured it was nothing wrong. Something that could be explained by science. And this was over 10 years ago.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: airowineSailorcat

That's really F ed up but what has that to do with the op?.
Could make a thread about it though.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: apdjbs1

No, it doesn't have to me a handfull of molecules or an ocean the size of Jupiter. There is a considerable variable between extremes. Also have to factor in gravity pulling down heavier gases while lighter gasses are pushed up and in some cases expelled into space. Many factors are at play and I don't pretend to know them all.

Hurricanes (or thyphoons) form when a collection of thunderstorms (thunderstorms form when warm wet air rises quickly and cools...and why you see "thunderheads") are over warm water, and near the equator. The coriolis effect helps them form and spin, developing a low pressure system in the center.

Gravity doesn't have anything to do with it other than pulling down on the entire storm so that cold air moves down and warm air rises.

Has nothing to do with "lighter and heavier" gases. All weather forms in the troposphere, which is where the majority of the Earth's atmospheric gases are, and are mixed together. Right now you're breathing in a mixture of 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen and about 1% other gases. Go up 2 miles, and you're still breathing in that same proportion of gases, just less pressure of it.

Hurricanes are all about warm water, warm moist air rising and cold air sinking with the coriolis effect. Move a hurricane over cold water and it looses strength, just like making the mixture of fuel and air in a car engine too lean, it will stall out and die.

In fact, it's be theorized that when the asteroid impact happened 65 million years ago, the crater that formed under the Gulf of Mexico was huge and filled with molten lava that took a long time to cool, but had heated up the ocean water to about 120 F in that area, and a large enough area that they think several "Hypercanes" formed (Hypercane is a storm who's tops reach up to 22 miles and sustained wind speeds exceeding 500 Mph). The driving force was the hot water of the ocean.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

ok i thought the titel meant politics. i was too impulsive

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
if the world ends, it ends. i couldn't care less. this planet is a disaster, and it's rulers are maniacs. the ordinary people are meat in the machine, nothing more. livestock. sheep etc.

Dont frown on my video it speaks volumes

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Well something is going on with the position of the planet. For the last year sunsets have been slightly out of place just a little to the southwest instead of directly west. Not every single day but some days....

The sun sets (and rises) is a slightly different position on the horizon every day compared to the day before. The difference is hard to notice day-to-day, but it is definitely noticeable when comparing the positions over several days.

This is completely normal and is due to the 23.5° tilt of the Earth and the Earth's orbit around the Sun. If it didn't do this, then something would be wrong.
Here is a timelapse of the location of the sunset over time:

EDIT TO ADD:
By the way, after the Winter Solstice, the position of the sun at sunset will appear to reverse itself and will backtrack over that same path again until the Summer Soltsice, at which point the cycle will repeat, appearing to oscillate one way for 6 months and then back again.

edit on 5/2/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Oh, well. We had a good run as a species. Some of us (not me) even came up with some pretty clever technology, and sang some very nice songs. Yeah, we had wars, but in the long run a global population of 8 billion pretty much indicates that we can get along well enough even with wars to keep the ball rolling.

Let's toss the i-Ching and see what it says. 59 and 2, which reads:

'Dispersing, creating success.
The king assumes his temple.
Fruitful to cross the great river,
Constancy bears fruit.'
-------------------------------------------
'Earth.
From the source, creating success.
The constancy of a mare bears fruit.
A noble one has a direction to go.
At first, confusion. Later, gains a master.
Fruitful in the southwest, gaining partners.
In the northeast, losing partners.
Peaceful constancy brings good fortune.'

The i-Ching disagrees and actually seems to think that everything is going to bear fruit. Who to believe?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
"Has nothing to do with "lighter and heavier" gases."
Ok, so we disagree. No need to bore everyone with such a long winded (yet still incomplete) definition of a hurricane.

It only takes a little common sense to realize a large influx of heavy elements coming in from space would ultimately fall and in doing so the lighter gases such as helium would rise and some of it even escaping out into space. The massive whirlwind of all this happening would be quite a bit more than the often quoted "butterfly effect".

Repeating the standard issue excuse of what's suppose to cause hurricanes is simply ignoring the fact that it's meant to be hidden that elements from space can be a cause of storms such as hurricanes. If it was written in the definition then it would be even more obvious how the Earth has gained mass over time.

edit on 5-2-2018 by apdjbs1 because: Needed to shillproof a bit more.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Well something is going on with the position of the planet. For the last year sunsets have been slightly out of place just a little to the southwest instead of directly west. Not every single day but some days....

The sun sets (and rises) is a slightly different position on the horizon every day compared to the day before. The difference is hard to notice day-to-day, but it is definitely noticeable when comparing the positions over several days.

Very nice vid. I used to live on the west side of Vashon Island with more or less this view and watched the very same thing every year. Rocks for brains if people think this is abnormal.
edit on 2/5/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Very nice vid. I used to live on the west side of Vashon Island with more or less this view and watched the very same thing every year. Rocks for brains if people think this is abnormal.

To be clear, it's not my video. But I can see the Sun do the same thing from my home in Pennsylvania by the way the sun shines through different windows/onto different parts of the room throughout the year.

At around the Winter solstice, the sunrise shines through a window on the side of my house, but by summer the sunrise shines more through a window in the back.

And, yeah -- it's simply the way things work, and is associated with the reason we have seasons.

edit on 6/2/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
Demonstrating how you were first told about it?

If someone was claiming to think the Sun rising in different locations was abnormal that's not for anyone to say they've got rocks for brains.

Obviously everyone has different areas of knowledge, and comes to that knowledge at different times. I had to explain the Sun's positioning (and how its perfectly normal) to a rather intelligent person not long ago.

Then again, with all the lead and uranium in the water, maybe you aren't too far off the mark saying someone has rocks for brains.

I think most of us like to be able to feel free to brainstorm ideas meanwhile educating and being educated.

However, this talk about "rocks for brains", "absurd" , "click this link for demo" etc would cause a bit of misdirection if someone was to click the topic and go straight to the end of discussion to quickly "get to the bottom of it".

edit on 6-2-2018 by apdjbs1 because: Sun spots.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Nature only destroys unnatural.

If we end up like Mars, its for the best. Going to take a lot to wipe out all the space trinkets man has dumped into orbit.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Look guys, I know the sun changes place over the seasons. My post did say slightly off direct west for sunsets. I should correct myself to say my observation has been that it had seemed really off place. If I'm wrong I'm glad. I also had a family home growing up my whole life on a large body of water. It was easy to predict weather, storms etc. By watching prevailing winds. If a wind originated from the south (observable on the wake of water) it would usual blow in a storm , north better weather cooler, east more unusual and really bad storms west better weather. It seems the prevailing winds have also changed and seem to be originating from the east and west most regularly. It was always more commonly north/south the majority of the time. I also read an article about the Inuit in the Arctic areas speaking about the wind changes as well as sun positions over the last years. In a clip of the movie the elders speak about wind direction and the formation of snow drifts they have used for navigation for hundreds of years that are now completely changed. I learned about the storm prediction in relation to wind direction from my grandfather who was a naval captain in ww2, now deceased. These observations are just my personal observations and if I'm being overly sensitive and seeing something that's not there well, I hope I'm not right actually. This article is about a movie produced in 2010 but it has spawned many articles since.

www.google.ca... /

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
if the world ends, it ends. i couldn't care less. this planet is a disaster, and it's rulers are maniacs. the ordinary people are meat in the machine, nothing more. livestock. sheep etc.

Hey, Mr. Sunshine!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: apdjbs1

sounds ok to me. they told us the magnetic field was going to weaken during the reversal of poles, which they have no idea how long it takes, so we could be without much protection for 500to 1000 years. I guess you would want to get underground to get underneath earths magnetic field/shield but the crust isntthat thick...

Im sure by now someone has shown you the YouTube video of how the planets orbit the sun in a helix, not going in front of, and behind the sun. If not, look it up.

Of course there is more mass at the ecliptic of the galaxy. We are breaking through a thick barrier now.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I've been told we are in front of the Sun during the summer months, and "in front" as meaning between Sun and galaxy center. My intuition is that it would seem the galactic wind would be pushing back the protective heliosphere and thus would be the least protected around summer. I hope to be corrected if wrong.

Someone also claimed that when Sagitarious is at a certain point in the night sky (at it's ultimate height I presume) with the Sun at your back (while laying done I presume) then that is when we are directly in between the Sun and galactic center.

Honestly I don't know what's true as for how we orbit the Sun. Just check out the fact that our sun is supposedly traveling in the trajectory of the galaxy. Well, I'm presuming that anyway due to the fact that the Sun orbits the galaxy at a 60 degree angle of the galactic plane, so my thoughts are that nothing prohibits the Earth orbiting the Sun in a more or less similar frontal trajectory.

Unfortunately schools in the U.S. give zero instruction on the model of the galaxy and Earth/Sun's trajectories. Or maybe they do now? As for the internet all I could find was junk vids that showed a bunch of unlabeled dots swirling around a depiction of the Sun flying through space. I'd like to see a Khan Academy style video showing just the Earth, the Sun, the Heliosphere, a line for the Galactic plane, and a black dot for the galactic center. I'd like to see it swirl in 3 phases:
1.day,
2.month (maybe show the moon),
3.year (with the months labeled of course)

Certainly I'm not the only human on Earth that thinks this should be a standard video for education? Or maybe I'm wrong, and it's already there and someone can give a link to such a video that's not lacking such labels. Really most interested in seeing the year (with months labeled). If the info is out there then the vid can't be all that that difficult to make. Just dots, lines, labels. Not fancy graphics and music.

Earth, Sun, Heliosphere, Galactic center, galactic plane, month labels, and trajectory paths. Movement through time. That's all.

edit on 7-2-2018 by apdjbs1 because: Edited out this edit description.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well at least we have the Arc in space now.
It is "a high-tech data storage unit that is designed to survive harsh conditions, like those in space. The Arc holds Isaac Asimov's The Foundation series"
and it was sent on SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket just this Tuesday.

It is very likely there is quite a bit more data in that arc. Maybe the vast sum of human knowledge and many organisms DNA.

Seems appropriate to add it to this thread.

The orbit is expected to last a billion years.

It would be the most fascinating thing I can imagine to know what might one day investigate that vehicle and what they would do with all that data. If they can clone humans, let's hope they can solve some problems first.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join