It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cloverfield Paradox

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I saw the first movie, you know, the one where any normal person would have ditched the camera to be able to try the things that they needed to do to escape the CGI monster that you get a glimpse of.

I did not see the second movie that had John Goodman in it.

Now I am debating whether I want to watch the second movie in order to understand the third one.... or say screw it all because I disliked the first movie so much.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I tried last night but fell asleep half way through. It was pretty good, I was tired and will finish it today. I didn't realize they tied together until I looked it up after the ad.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm half way in. Not a bad scifi movie so far (looks / sounds / feels good).

Anyone into this, the premise dealing with advanced space-time shifting / splitting energy generation, gone world ending wrong, will also want to check out this recent one:

KILL SWITCH (2017)

I liked it! Lots of action movie (of the not Gojirra variety).

edit on 5-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
pfft.. please, do not begin to school us on cheesy B movies unless you are well versed in the Troma movieverse. Many of today's A-list performers first appeared in indie flicks they produced or acquired! Toxic Avenger for life!

a reply to: butcherguy
Rest assured, you can safely skip the second movie. Not that John Goodman's performance was lackluster, it was stellar actually for the way his character is written.

Just a very dull movie until the last like, ten minutes or so. The only tie in was the mention of the events from the first one. This third one did better at explaining the reason behind the first, but honestly IMO failed to lend any credence to the second. The second one was just kind of a strange one shot spin off if you ask me.

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Cool! I think I saw a trailer for this before and forgot to watch it. Thanks for reminding me. Will be searching for it today!
edit on 2-5-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Got a notification for this as I was going to sleep. I would like to watch it as I've invested precious time of my life watching the other Cloverfield movies..... I just hope we will actually see a monster in this one.... lol.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Good flick . Very imaginative . A plethora of sci-fi phenomenon to enjoy.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Blueracer

What's an "Super Bowl"?

Its like The Six Nations Rugby except it ant GAA.

Irish in joke.

Fox'

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It what Clark Kent eats his cereal out of.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: chasingbrahman

originally posted by: InspectorGadget13
Haven't watched the new Netflix release yet, but i was rabid about the first cloverfield movie and i like shared universe but unrelated story that was whatever address cloverfield lane, so i really look forward to the newest release. To me, the cloverfield movies haven't been geared towards real commercial success, but more geared to the fans of the B-C Level monster movies of the 70s-80's! I'll check back in after i watch the movie!

I feel the same way. If you weren't born and bred on b movies of the 70's and 80's, this series may not resonate with you at all. However, if you had nightmares of Godzilla, Mothra, or heaven forbid, Godzilla AND Mothra, this series is as close to candy for the brain as it gets. I haven't seen this new one but I hope it's just as gloriously confusing and wonderful as the first two. But I don't expect it to leave me jumping up and down on the couch screaming at the end like the second one. I don't get to do that too much anymore lol...that was really fun.

You forgot Gamera. Why does everyone forget Gamera ? Way better than Gozira....

no no no no no you take that back
NOTHING better than Gozira
I mean Godzilla
NOTHING better NOTHING stronger NOTHING badder NOTHING mightier
Gamera was nothing but a wannabe
(maybe we should move this to the religious section)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I'm half way in. Not a bad scifi movie so far (looks / sounds / feels good).

Anyone into this, the premise dealing with advanced space-time shifting / splitting energy generation, gone world ending wrong, will also want to check out this recent one:

KILL SWITCH (2017)

I liked it! Lots of action movie (of the not Gojirra variety).

Wow, that looks freaky! Where can i watch it?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Blueracer

I watched about half of the movie last night and went to bed.
So far it's a 2 out of 5 standard sci/fi horror movie.

yep same boat which is very unlike behaviour for me. Usually when I start a scifi movie I like to finish it, despite how bad it is. This one I'm struggling through it and haven't made it half way. Might put it as background noise while working in order to finish it.

Netflix was on a roll, this kind of killed the roll ,LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Not scifi, but decent little horror outdoors movie (note I rarely give horror a chance / good review any more in recent years the genre has been a disaster in my view)....

THE RITUAL (2017)

originally posted by: InspectorGadget13

Wow, that looks freaky! Where can i watch it?

Dave tells me you can get it on bitorrent.
edit on 6-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Cloverfield SUCKED.

Cloverfield Lane SUCKED.

Cloverfield Paradox SUCKED!

What passes for scifi today SUCKES.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join