It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan town in water fight with Nestle-Pays Michigan $200 a year for 136 Million Gals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

They could sell the contract to Flint...

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The head guy of Nestle made an inhuman statement

his name is peter something.......

ya know what the slob said?......" water is not a right for the masses or individuals here on Earth, it's whomever owns the water "........slob why is the nestle water a low acidic PH ??????? like Ozarka.......it says nestle on the label now

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Yes, Nestle is a for profit/control conglomerate.
Just one of the many.
That is nothing new, nor is their Modus Operandi.

The question is,,,
will the "Michigan Department of Environmental
Quality" protect this water supply for
the very Citizen Taxpayers they have been appointed
to represent, or sell them out to the highest bidder?

I would suggest to the concerned Citizens of Osceola Township
that they do their research into just exactly who is
on the Board of The Michigan D.E.Q. and if necessary legally
request a stay of execution until this matter can be further
investigated I.E.( town meetings,publicity,discussions)

If your leaders are smart and accountable,
a profit sharing deal/tax break could be hammered
out. That way Both Nestle and Oceola Township will
benefit from a mutual agreement.
Otherwise, a lazy and dumbed down populous is ripe
for steam rolling.
S&F
I did mention this once before regarding a similar
situation in California.
C'est La Vie

edit on 5-2-2018 by Wildmanimal because: typo, add content

edit on 5-2-2018 by Wildmanimal because: S&F

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
When they was a push to place Michigan's ground water in to state trust I was completely against it. I like my private well water, I like having the right to pump it up and use it without the state trying to regulate it. They already own the surface water rights and the local municipalities regulate the ground water. That trust deal never happened.

However, the local governments are corrupt, I've had experience of this first hand in my county and even at the township level. Given that, I still have my water rights and could be doing the same thing Nestles is doing if I had the cash and the mind to do it.

Concerning the creek, there are many factors that would effect it's water level. I would suspect that it is fed by many natural springs and underground waterways that come out of the ground cold. I think that if you pumped out that much water it would dry up those springs. Add that to land uses that effect run off and it would cause problems.

The people it is impacting need to get together and prove the problems are caused by Nestles and get a dream team of lawyers to shut that down. Thing is no one has the money and therefore no power.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Nestlé has also just gotten one of their chairman into the local EPA in Maine.
link
edit on 5-2-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Yeah, this is Evart. My mom and I have been emailing members of the council, as her cabin is there.

The problems started, when Nestle came in originally with the offer to build the plant. This was such a small, poor town. The factory provided jobs, and everyone thought it was great, and the town has grown

Then the locals started seeing problems, with their own wells at first, drying up. Supposedly not related. Then Nestle decided to get greedy, and wanted to pump more. By then, even though many people worked there, they knew this was a bad idea, and the council actually listened to everyone and said no.
And now of course, that Nestle is dug in, they are never going to leave, without a big fight. I am not getting my hopes up, with a court decision.

But it is interesting to listen to some of the locals ideas on how to handle them

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

Welcome to the oligarchy.

Watch for these in other places seeking water.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
with all the food stuff ( including bottled water just how do you propose company's pay for this water ?
Your choice is simple ether stop buying ALL drinks from anyware and stick with growing tea and making your own at home .
Or have them pay the same rate for water as you do say 10 cents a gallon then the cost of the drink goes up by 3 times the amount ( a bottle of water now 2 $ a bottle of water after 6 $ )
so choose every one is saying what the town should do mean wile the same people buy the products at local stores .

You own the company's and you dictate prices by how much your willing to ay .
Think the company is taking advantage of you STOP buying stuff from them they go out of business .personialy I can not believe how stupid people have gotten Or have you all forgotten how the new coke worked out for coke ?
They put new coke out took old coke off the market every one Stopped buying coke demanding Old coke back .

Took maybe two weeks for coke to see the light .
Every one who takes advange of your money _ company's or Government Only do so because you LET them by your self your nothing put 100 million of us together No one can stand against us this is why the spend so much effert of keeping you occupied on peddy stuff .

They will keep doing so as long as we let them Forget talking with a vote that means little money is every thing here in the states NO one will iggy that talk .

I am 52 A

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
with all the food stuff ( including bottled water just how do you propose company's pay for this water ?
Your choice is simple ether stop buying ALL drinks from anyware and stick with growing tea and making your own at home .
Or have them pay the same rate for water as you do say 10 cents a gallon then the cost of the drink goes up by 3 times the amount ( a bottle of water now 2 $ a bottle of water after 6 $ )
so choose every one is saying what the town should do mean wile the same people buy the products at local stores .

You own the company's and you dictate prices by how much your willing to ay .
Think the company is taking advantage of you STOP buying stuff from them they go out of business .personialy I can not believe how stupid people have gotten Or have you all forgotten how the new coke worked out for coke ?
They put new coke out took old coke off the market every one Stopped buying coke demanding Old coke back .

Took maybe two weeks for coke to see the light .
Every one who takes advange of your money _ company's or Government Only do so because you LET them by your self your nothing put 100 million of us together No one can stand against us this is why the spend so much effert of keeping you occupied on peddy stuff .

They will keep doing so as long as we let them Forget talking with a vote that means little money is every thing here in the states NO one will iggy that talk .

I am 52 A

Above post brought to you by the United Water Bottlers of America.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
See the poster who answered my Post here I am say STOP buying the crap they make Then they wont get Cheep water as they will NO longer be in business .
The guy who answered that shows how stupid the average person is .
My post was every thing >>>>BUT a push to buy stuff

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Who pays 10 cents a gallon for water? Your estimate of cost of the main ingredient in bottled water is a gross exaggeration and did indeed sound like an add from "Big Water".

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
sure I say dont buy the stuff what is this dumber and dumbest
it does not matter what the cost DONT buy it and there is NO cost .
hopeful this is simplified enough for people to understand
edit on 6-2-2018 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Correct, Nestle will stop exploiting water supplies if no one buys it.

I don't think anyone has brought up the cost of the product, it was the resources that are being sold to Nestle at robber Barron prices. It is the suspicious 130,000,000 gals of water for $200 that I think is the rub, along with serious concerns of water level dropping because of the bottling plant.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura broke this story 10 years or more ago.
I forget what his TV show was called but his work was incisive.
Nestle gets to drain Lake Michigan in secret for free. Who made them such
a sweetheart deal? A Swedish statesman?

Or maybe in the scheme of things larger then us, they were owed a
debt and this is how the US repaid them.

edit on 6-2-2018 by ThatHappened because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatHappened

Open secret

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join