It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holocaust denier poised to claim GOP nomination in Illinois race for Congress

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

It’s baffling. Why so many republicans, 36 in crongress, are retiring and races uncontested. Especially with all this winning.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

SW side of Chicago and adjacent SW suburbs comprise the 3rd Congressional district.

73% White. Solidly Democratic since 1975. Lipinski Family Never Loses. First Dad. Now Son. Republicans Not Wanted. Only the Nutjob Repubs Run.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2/5/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Holocaust denier poised to claim GOP nomination in Illinois race for Congress.

Anyone surprised??.. Just sign of the times, I warned folks here even before the election, during and after, the rise of Nazi saluting Alt right, then current POTUS posted Nazis in the oval office, but naaw folks were saying dog whistle is not a thing and I'm being alarmist..maybe because I and others have something to be alarmed about.
edit on 5-2-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Holocaust denier poised to claim GOP nomination in Illinois race for Congress.

Anyone surprised??.. Just sign of the times, I warned folks here even before the election, during and after, the rise of Nazi saluting Alt right, then current POTUS posted Nazis in the oval office, but naaw folks were saying dog whistle is not a thing and I'm being alarmist..maybe because I and others have something to be alarmed about.

And where were your warnings when anti Semite Keith Ellison almost won the dnc chair?

Oh my bad, you just want to bash republicans.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

the only thing I can surmise from this OP is Republicans are bad and Democrats are good.

If there is more to this shallow OP, please let me know.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Keith Ellison anti-Semitism controversy, explained

What’s the fuss about?

Before he became the first Muslim elected to Congress in 2006, Ellison apologized for his involvement in the Nation of Islam and denounced the group.

“I have long since distanced myself from and rejected the Nation of Islam due to its propagation of bigoted and anti-Semitic statements and actions of the Nation of Islam, [its leader] Louis Farrakhan, and [Farrakhan’s late assistant] Khalid Muhammed,” he wrote in a two-page letter to the Jewish Community Relations Council of Minnesota and the Dakotas in May 2006 after winning the Democratic primary.

He was warmly accepted by liberal Jewish groups and the Minneapolis Jewish community, with whom he has close ties.

Ellison’s actions in Congress, however, have troubled some in the pro-Israel community. Though Ellison has rejected the movement to boycott, sanction and divest from Israel and expressed support for the two-state-solution, he sought to accommodate a more sympathetic reading of the U.N.’s Goldstone report on the 2009 Gaza war that Israel, Jewish groups and most of the Congress rejected as a one-sided attack on Israel. The congressman also voted against funding for Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense system in 2014.
www.jta.org... ents

OK so at worst you got, a repentant anti Semitic, at best a a person who have problems with the state of Israel not the ppl, Gambler you are a good man who I oppose due to political views sometimes, but this is not the same.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

SW side of Chicago and adjacent SW suburbs comprise the 3rd Congressional district.

73% White. Solidly Democratic since 1975. Lipinski Family Never Loses. First Dad. Now Son. Republicans Not Wanted. Only the Nutjob Repubs Run.
en.wikipedia.org...

Yup. You and I know all this.

Here's what they do sometimes....

👁 👯 👁

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I think the most important question that needs to be asked is:

Are all folks that vote for him also Holocaust denying activist anti-Semite white supremacists?

Since all Trump supporters have been collectively pigeonholed, I'm just curious to see how far the 1st amendment extends when it comes to 'feelings' because someones opinion rubs folks up the wrong way?

I think an easier way to judge it, is if you dont vote for him you are not a "holocaust denier" if you do vote for him then you could be?

He certainly seems to hold some odd views for someone running for public office

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
as suspected .....

this guy went on CNN right into a trap 👁‍🗨

probably paid big money by DNC/CNN to be the scapegoat 👀

the CNN headline of course makes it sound like it's the U.S. Congress when it's only a non-winnable State district 🤘

bwaaaaHaHaHa

CNN’s Camerota Confronts Literal Nazi Running For GOP Congressional Seat in Insane Interview

|😆😆|

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Well, in the republican's defense, anyone can run on any party ticket they so choose.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Illinois is totally fubar politically screwed up. I am not surprised by this news. Both major political parties here have issues. I generally vote for a third party or 'none of the above', but of course, that does not help in the big picture of things, even though it makes me feel a little better.

I really think Illinois should be dissolved as a state, and absorbed by neighboring states ... but who would want Chicago? In the end, this could be the only way to get rid of the un-payable debt of this place. The citizens of Illinois are screwed.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

From your source:

Tim Schneider, chairman of the Illinois Republican Party, said in a statement to the Sun-Times, “The Illinois Republican Party and our country have no place for Nazis like Arthur Jones. We strongly oppose his racist views and his candidacy for any public office, including the 3rd Congressional District.”

In 2016, Jones was removed from the 3rd District GOP ballot in legal actions engineered by the Illinois Republican Party.
An official with the Illinois Republican Party said Fogarty was directed to determine if Jones could be thrown off the 2018 ballot.

In 1998, according to an article in the Chicago Tribune, when Jones was running in the 3rd Congressional District primary, “the Cook County Central Committee passed a resolution . . . formally denouncing his candidacy” concerned that if he was nominated, it would be a “national embarrassment” for Cook County Republicans.

This guy is not endorsed by the Republican Party.

Hopefully someone steps up to run against him.

Don't let them facts get in the way of everyone chanting Republicans are Nazis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join