It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holocaust denier poised to claim GOP nomination in Illinois race for Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It looks like Republicans are NOT sending their "best"...

Arthur Jones — an outspoken Holocaust denier, activist anti-Semite and white supremacist — is poised to become the Republican nominee for an Illinois congressional seat representing parts of Chicago and nearby suburbs.

Well then...he can't be THAT BAD, right? I mean...that has to be an exaggeration? RIGHT?

“Well first of all, I’m running for Congress not the chancellor of Germany. All right. To me the Holocaust is what I said it is: It’s an international extortion racket,” Jones told the Chicago Sun-Times.

Uh...wait. WHAT? So this is the guy poised to snag the Republican nomination for Congress in Illinois?! Hang on...I KNOW there's a video about this guy:

I wonder if Trump will throw his support behind him? It sure SEEMS like the RNC is now just a physical form of 4Chan, does it? Now I'm NOT saying that the GOP/RNC is a racist party...but they sure seem to be a "welcoming place" that attracts Nazis and white supremacists....

At LEAST there is some pushback:

Tim Schneider, chairman of the Illinois Republican Party, said in a statement to the Sun-Times, “The Illinois Republican Party and our country have no place for Nazis like Arthur Jones. We strongly oppose his racist views and his candidacy for any public office, including the 3rd Congressional District.”

But, then again, they'd kind of have to say that. Jones is running unopposed:

“And given the fact that I’ve got no opposition in the primary, OK, I win that one (the primary) by default all right,” Jones said during an interview in a coffee shop in Lyons.

That leaves Illinois Republicans saddled with a nominee who is well known for his racist and white supremacist activities.

Chicago Sun Times

Are they even trying to put ANYONE else up? Or at least giving the IMPRESSION of stopping him? It doesn't appear so...I mean they DID go all in over Roy Moore.

He likely doesn't actually stand a chance, but the fact the GOP/RNC isn't actively countering his run is ... well, QUITE telling. I guess well have to wait and SEE if the GOP gives him money...

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
With what you've cited / can be seen (paywall) it just shows he's a holocaust denier.

Does that inherently make him (potentially just a conspiracy theorist) a "white supremacist"?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

That is crazy, man I don't understand the GOP, and the fact they call Dems Cooked.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Here he is on Ballotpedia - his views are well-known. It's a shame they're not fired-up to put someone else against him.

According to them...

Heading into the election, Ballotpedia rates this race as safely Democratic. Incumbent Daniel Lipinski faces Marie Newman in the Democratic primary, while Arthur Jones faces no opposition for the Republican nomination. The filing deadline was on December 4, 2017, and the primary election takes place on March 20, 2018.

So... he apparently doesn't represent much of a threat. I agree that it's a shame the Republicans can't scratch up a better candidate. Possibly there's no organized local group.

edit on 4-2-2018 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
With what you've cited / can be seen (paywall) it just shows he's a holocaust denier.

Does that inherently make him (potentially just a conspiracy theorist) a "white supremacist"?

Loads just FINE in FF and Edge:

chicago.suntimes.com...

He SAYS his views in the video I posted...his own WORDS about the "supremacy" of white people. . .

##snipped#

edit on 4-2-2018 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Feb 4 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I think the most important question that needs to be asked is:

Are all folks that vote for him also Holocaust denying activist anti-Semite white supremacists?

Since all Trump supporters have been collectively pigeonholed, I'm just curious to see how far the 1st amendment extends when it comes to 'feelings' because someones opinion rubs folks up the wrong way?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
dems have ardy turned chicago into a crapfest.. not like he can make it worse...

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

From your source:

Tim Schneider, chairman of the Illinois Republican Party, said in a statement to the Sun-Times, “The Illinois Republican Party and our country have no place for Nazis like Arthur Jones. We strongly oppose his racist views and his candidacy for any public office, including the 3rd Congressional District.”

In 2016, Jones was removed from the 3rd District GOP ballot in legal actions engineered by the Illinois Republican Party.
An official with the Illinois Republican Party said Fogarty was directed to determine if Jones could be thrown off the 2018 ballot.

In 1998, according to an article in the Chicago Tribune, when Jones was running in the 3rd Congressional District primary, “the Cook County Central Committee passed a resolution . . . formally denouncing his candidacy” concerned that if he was nominated, it would be a “national embarrassment” for Cook County Republicans.

This guy is not endorsed by the Republican Party.

Hopefully someone steps up to run against him.

edit on 2/4/18 by BlueAjah because: added quote

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

That is crazy, man I don't understand the GOP, and the fact they call Dems Cooked.

The Dems are cooked.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I wonder if people are going to vote for him, or just vote against the other guy.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This guy sounds like an a hole.

I am glad the republican leaders have denounced them.

It would be absurd for a leader of a political party to be buddying up to some guy with anti Semitic views.

Oh wait...

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

From your source:

In 2016, Jones was removed from the 3rd District GOP ballot in legal actions engineered by the Illinois Republican Party.
An official with the Illinois Republican Party said Fogarty was directed to determine if Jones could be thrown off the 2018 ballot.

In 1998, according to an article in the Chicago Tribune, when Jones was running in the 3rd Congressional District primary, “the Cook County Central Committee passed a resolution . . . formally denouncing his candidacy” concerned that if he was nominated, it would be a “national embarrassment” for Cook County Republicans.

This guy is not endorsed by the Republican Party.

Hopefully someone steps up to run against him.

He has to beat a Dem, right?

Let them do it.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
RINO.

About the only thing the GOP can field in Illinois thanks to Chicago.

Its funny, I remember when Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wrote a letter to "Noble Americans": There were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. The Bush administration lied to get us into war. The war on terror is eroding American civil rights protections. The Bush administration is running roughshod over the Constitution. The war is all about oil.
if America would just stop supporting Israel, withdraw from Iraq and pack up and go home, so would the terrorists. The war is a Republican war, not an American war.

The left didn't seem to care about his holocaust denial at that time, just his talking points. I guess that means the left denied the holocaust by the OP's logic in this thread.
edit on 4-2-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

It would be absurd for a leader of a political party to be buddying up to some guy with anti Semitic views.

Oh wait...

Ah - OK, collectively pigeonholing again - that makes all Obama voters and supporters hyper-intolerant racists because Obama himself supports a hyper-intolerant racist.

Guilty by association - this is the flavour of the month.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Grambler

Oh wait...

Ah - OK, collectively pigeonholing again - that makes all Obama voters and supporters hyper-intolerant racists because Obama himself supports a hyper-intolerant racist.

Guilty by association - this is the flavour of the month.

Well I think that not only does this not make Obama voters racist, this photo does not show Obama is a anti semite.

Just pointing out that people like the OP dont represent republicans, any more than Farrakhan represents democrats.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

The Republicans usually never stand a chance in Chicago, so they can't get Republicans to even waste their time campaigning.

This guy still has to win the primary in a few weeks, but so far no one has stepped up to run against him.

If that happens, he will run against the Dem in the Nov election by default.

edit on 2/4/18 by BlueAjah because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

tsk-tsk

Obama supporters aren't racist.

They're anti-Semitic.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

So I dont play the video, I just tried reading the citations provided, and that makes me a white supremacist AND a holocaust denier?

It could be argued I was merely pointing out that your OP could use a incy weency bit of work (to drive home the white supremacist thing), but why bother.

edit on 4-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
For ME it's not the voters or party members...

It's the PARTY itself seeming to be unable to put ANYONE else in the race.

It's almost like they'd rather deal with bad optics instead of SHOWING that the RNC isn't a party of anti-Semites and supremacist racists.

Sort of a:

Meh, whatever...we got away with running Roy Moore...

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I think the most important question that needs to be asked is:

Are all folks that vote for him also Holocaust denying activist anti-Semite white supremacists?

Since all Trump supporters have been collectively pigeonholed, I'm just curious to see how far the 1st amendment extends when it comes to 'feelings' because someones opinion rubs folks up the wrong way?

That question can obviously go both ways. If its ok to vote for a holocaust denier or a man accused of pedophilia by multiple sources, what exactly is horrible enough to cause a conservative to vote outside of his parties ranks?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join