It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What bugs me about the theory of evolution

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

originally posted by: edmc^2

But since evolution theory as in MACRO evolution claims that it took millions of years for it to occur, do you have the time to observe it happening?

So there's no actual proof but just guesses.

Why does it have to take millions of years? Can't a fish just be born with limbs or without? Why the ridiculous amount of time for something to happen? Did fish grow legs and then came to land, or did it go to land and after a few millions of years grew limbs? I assume you will try and explain a slow mutation because simply there's no evidence for such changes but wild imagination running this fantasy.

Tell me where it hurts.

LMAO @ this nonsense. You need to educate yourself buddy. Insulting a scientific theory without even learning the basics of it is intellectually dishonest. Why is this always the case with deniers? They can't even make a single argument.

talkorigins.org...

Go ahead and refute it. I'm still waiting. Conjecture and emotional rhetoric doesn't debunk science.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: edmc^2

No, you said you could debunk it. So do so.

he he. Already did, you just don't get it.

These clowns must be trolling to make religious people look stupid. It's the only explanation. This dude basically says evolution is wrong and has been debunked many times, yet can't even refute a single piece of evidence or make a single logical argument. Pure comedy. These guys have no integrity at all.

hehehe, when someone says a fish turned into an amphibian to reptile ... to humans and says it with all seriousness without any solid evidence but pure conjecture, one must laugh.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Why you don't try making sense for a moment.

I'm not buying it and never will.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Blindly ignoring the mountains of evidence supporting it, is on you. I've given you many opportunities to defend your position, but it seems you don't care about evidence, only emotion.

Why do you believe in cells or atoms? Why do you believe in gravity? Or maybe you don't? But if you do, it highlights the double standard you are using here. You don't like it, so you don't buy it. Unfortunately science doesn't care what you like. You've been programmed to reject anything that conflicts with your religion.

It's fine to be skeptical but to crusade against a field of proven science without even knowing anything about the supporting evidence and experiments is laughably dumb. There is a wealth of resources out there you can use to learn it yourself.
edit on 6 25 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

What would even be the point knowing the evolution theory?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Eh there is another explanation. WE can't discount it. They fully believe this, they think they are doing their deities work (as pagan who is very theistic, I'm not that arrogant).

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Except neighbor that is not what evolution says. You just quoted what evangelical young earthers say we say. At least quote us (scientists) correctly.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Except neighbor that is not what evolution says. You just quoted what evangelical young earthers say we say. At least quote us (scientists) correctly.

Seriously?

Ok - here's one of my fav, the late great Dr. Carl Sagan:

old video but the graphics are still cool.

Meet your cousins the starfish and the worm.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
double post

edit on 25-6-2019 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Sigh

You really don't get it. Because all life on the planet shares DNA and RNA, and a common ancestor. We share commonalities. Even your religious leanings could cope with this, in that God used DNA and RNA to create the codes for life.

. How ever Carl Sagan was a celebrity scientist, and a cosmologist. You are holding up the equivalent of a pop up book for a two year old, in a discussion for educated adults.

Bring me evidence.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

What would even be the point knowing the evolution theory?

Because it's intellectually dishonest to argue against a theory you don't know anything about. Ignorance only leads to straw man arguments. If you only knew basic addition and subtraction, would you try to argue against calculus? If you only took high school level physics, would you argue against nuclear fusion? You have to have some kind of knowledge in order to even attempt to refute science. The first step is always educating yourself on the theory. Otherwise you are just preaching like a zealot.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Again, what would even be the point knowing the evolution theory? What does it add to one's life?

It's not like I would be better at math, or be a better cook. It's nothing, just something people want you to believe.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Sigh

You really don't get it. Because all life on the planet shares DNA and RNA, and a common ancestor. We share commonalities. Even your religious leanings could cope with this, in that God used DNA and RNA to create the codes for life.

. How ever Carl Sagan was a celebrity scientist, and a cosmologist. You are holding up the equivalent of a pop up book for a two year old, in a discussion for educated adults.

Bring me evidence.

To the contrary neighbour. Remember, there's only one creator, thus we all have DNA and RNA (blueprint to life) but common ancestor, nah - that's where you're wrong.

As to my fav Professor Dr. Calr Sagan, I resent you throwing him under the bus. celebrity scientists, ha!

Hope you will not throw Dr. Zsostak under the bus too to make yourself more intelligent than them.

edit on 26-6-2019 by edmc^2 because: you're wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Evidence of Evolution ? Fossils are evidence of extinction - And Darwin's theory is just evidence of adaptation .

If the theory of evolution were correct we would have animals speaking and building cars . How do you explain that humans are the only life on this planet that use fossil fuels with evolution ? Doesn't seem fair to the rest of Earths residents .

And I'm not a creationist well in the sense that a God created us Aliens maybe .

edit on 6/26/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
God created evolution.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

My sympathy.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Again, what would even be the point knowing the evolution theory? What does it add to one's life?

It's not like I would be better at math, or be a better cook. It's nothing, just something people want you to believe.

What's the point of learning any science then? What's the point of learning anything? Why learn gravity, why learn astrophysics, why learn engineering?

Gee, I don't know, maybe because you can make a very good career as a scientist or biology professor? Maybe because evolutionary knowledge is applied in modern medicine and learning about it could one day lead to a discovery that annihilates most disease from our lives? Maybe because knowledge is power?

You completely missed the point, which is that arguing against something without even understanding what you are arguing against is just an excise in futility and only ruins your credibility. If that's what you want, go for it. Don't let me hold you back. People like that create more atheists than theists, because people understand intellectual honesty.

edit on 6 26 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Evidence of Evolution ? Fossils are evidence of extinction - And Darwin's theory is just evidence of adaptation .

If the theory of evolution were correct we would have animals speaking and building cars . How do you explain that humans are the only life on this planet that use fossil fuels with evolution ? Doesn't seem fair to the rest of Earths residents .

Thanks for proving my point completely. You know nothing about evolution thus your arguments make no sense. Educate yourself. Nobody that ever denies evolution even grasps the basic of it and that's just sad.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
God created evolution.

Good luck convincing a creationist of that. They don't even care that evolution doesn't conflict with the idea of a creator in the slightest. They just are loyal to literal versions of old texts and that's the beginning and end of it.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

So explain why nothing has evolved since documented history around 3000 BCE Evolution just stop ? If evolution were true there would be many different stages and different species would be in different states of evolving . We should have evolved to breath underwater by now if it takes millions of years for the slightest change how can that be evolution ? .
edit on 6/26/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join