It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What bugs me about the theory of evolution

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

You of course will post evidence? Rather than just say this

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Hows that going for you then? Because I've posted evidence that the knowledge of evolution has had a positive impact. I'm a deeply reverent polytheist, and working in science does not make me any less so.

I believe there are many things that are taken for gods but there is only one creator of all these things. That main source is by reason my goal. I believe in the existence of a creator of existence, divine and alknowing.
edit on 30-6-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Hows that going for you then? Because I've posted evidence that the knowledge of evolution has had a positive impact. I'm a deeply reverent polytheist, and working in science does not make me any less so.

Please shed some light of your profound respect and devotion for your gods, and by all means tell us who they are while you’re at let us know if one is greater than all, all are one, or all or equal so we can classify you as hard or soft...
edit on 30-6-2019 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I have done this in the past. I'm a polytheistic worshiper of the Irish Gods. In particular I am a preist to An Morrigan. There is no deity above any other.

As for proof of my devotion. I don't trust people here, so no.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Further more, your request is a non-sequitur. It has no bearing on the subject. Rather it is a distraction attempt, or ignorance on your part. Or perhaps both.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Good for you. Your Gnoses are your own. However that has no bearing on the fact evolution has been proven. To know of it, does not lessen your deity. Or any other.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

You brought up your faith introduced it into the conversation not surprised again how you had to inject that you are a scientist seeing as you do it in every thread you participate in. Although unwilling to provide your credentials...
I don’t know who you are trying to convince more us or yourself...
I really wanted to hear about your profound faith but sounds like you are as much of a coward about proving that as you are of providing your academic credentials.
You claim this and that but show nothing as proof so it is fair to assume you are really neither...
I just want to know about your faith so I can mock it...
Return the favour so to speak...

Let’s begin with you telling us about when the Queen of Sovereignty spoke to you calling you to be her priest...
That should get the ball rolling nicely...
Oh and to avoid further confusion please clarify as all gods are equal why you were chosen by just one...

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Actually Out6of9Balance mentioned "Creationist dogma shapes my reality and teaches me how to deal with this world." and I responded. So no.

But here are some facts.

I am a scientist. I've conducted research into evolution, via bioinformatics.

Refusal to put personal information, on this site is not cowardice, it is prudence.

I also don't discuss my faith, with people who have no actual interest, as you have proven.

So no.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So you are not only a chemist but a biologist and mathematician also?
When did you study bioinformatics? The course is not that expensive but the requirements are rather extensive and don’t jive with your self proclaimed field.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Once again, you are attempting to distract from the discussion. We have discussed this, before. You don't know what you are talking about. However my fellow scientists here seem to be satisfied with what I say. Just as other pagans, if they talked to me about my faith would be.

You? No you are not nearly smart enough to get more information. I remain circumspect.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

So what am I to think now?
Should I call you a fraudulent coward that suffers from delusions of grandeur with the belief a god spoke to them calling you to be their priest?

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You made yourself the conversation just like every other thread you participate in...
Circumspect? No no suspect...

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I don't care what you call me. You are of no moment. Through your actions, you have shown yourself to not be honest with your interactions.

Slan leat

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I posted evidenve. Which you, and your kind ignore as usual. You are suspect. Further more, YOU tried to make me the subject, not I.

It returns to you and your ilk, trying to derail discussion, when its going against you. Attack the idea not the man, Not that you can...

(post by 5StarOracle removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I don't really have a dog in this fight but i have never had an explanation for the life cycle of dragonflies. How can they spend a year or two living under water and then transform into a completely different thing that flies?

Anyone?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
How can they spend a year or two living under water and then transform into a completely different thing that flies?

Anyone?

Exactly. Or also take for example the butterfly. How could evolution have caused a mutation that causes a worm-like thing to liquefy itself in a hard casing, reform into a creature with wings and fly away?

Material-based theories cannot suffice to explain how this could have came to be through step-by-step mutations.

Or a tad-pole? It eventually metamorphs into a creature with legs and a body suitable to breathe air?? Impossible for the theorized evolutionary mechanisms.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

As I understand the theory, amphibians evolved over millennia from fish which developed lungs so that they could breath air when their ponds dried out (lets not go near climate change......). But, that needs a lot of time. Which fish don't have when their pond dries out. They just die.

I may have this wrong, can anyone explain this?

Genuinely interested - I don't have a religious viewpoint on this, it's just that I can understand how evolution theory works on a small scale but huge changes like this? - not so much.

By the way, I have always thought that some dinosaurs might have been warm blooded purely based on my highly unscientific observation that Rhinos look quite like Triceratops. That's just a thought of mine, I have no evidence to support it so I will shut up about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: oldcarpy
How can they spend a year or two living under water and then transform into a completely different thing that flies?

Anyone?

Exactly. Or also take for example the butterfly. How could evolution have caused a mutation that causes a worm-like thing to liquefy itself in a hard casing, reform into a creature with wings and fly away?

Material-based theories cannot suffice to explain how this could have came to be through step-by-step mutations.

Or a tad-pole? It eventually metamorphs into a creature with legs and a body suitable to breathe air?? Impossible for the theorized evolutionary mechanisms.

Metamorphosis is NOT evolution. Stop the false comparisons. Claiming it's impossible is laughably stupid. Same fallacy, same misunderstand AS ALWAYS.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join