It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What bugs me about the theory of evolution

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: Barcs

Evidence of Evolution ? Fossils are evidence of extinction

Fossils are much more than that. Fossils also show us how organisms appeared, adapted and evolved over time when you look at them from a geological perspective. Your point is particularly moot now that we have the ability to decode ancient genetics and compare those ancient genes with modern genes in similar or related species.

- And Darwin's theory is just evidence of adaptation .

“Darwin’s Theory” was published 160 years ago. You’re neglecting to understand that with the advent of the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis in the 1940’s includes genetics and then there’s the vast amount of testable and falsifiable new data compiled from multiple scientific disciplines that all come to the same conclusions. The genetics also give us the ability to peer back in time and by calculating rates of mutation, we find that the genetic data supports the physical evidence.

If the theory of evolution were correct we would have animals speaking and building cars .

Not according to any aspects of evolutionary theory that I studied nor was it ever brought up by any professors or other paleoanthropologists I’ve worked with. Can you point out where in the literature regarding the MES that it states that all organisms evolve at the same rate with no regard for their ecological niche?

How do you explain that humans are the only life on this planet that use fossil fuels with evolution ?

We’re one of the few organisms that alter eco-niches so that we can live there as opposed to other organization. Evolution doesn’t mean that every organism reaches some peak level of intelligence. It’s about passing on your genes and changes in allele frequency over time

Doesn't seem fair to the rest of Earths residents .

Natural processes aren’t particularly about fairness. That’s like claiming a tidal wave isn’t fair to people living on the coast.

And I'm not a creationist well in the sense that a God created us Aliens maybe .

God, aliens... take your pic. All it does is move the goal posts and ignores the actual science.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

So explain why nothing has evolved since documented history around 3000 BCE Evolution just stop ? If evolution were true there would be many different stages and different species would be in different states of evolving . We should have evolved to breath underwater by now if it takes millions of years for the slightest change how can that be evolution ? .

Creatures would die before there would be time for them to be transformed by the ridiculous, out of thin air, claim they magically adapt to a surrounding and they make claims it takes millions of years.
There's also no reason for DNA to mutate but by magic or by any other type of invisible Harry Potter DNA mutator.
The claim creatures adapt to environment had to be made up for their inferior study of rock to make sense.
As time went by they made up many more stuff to the story like ice ages and destruction, simply because then the theory sounds somewhat plausible. Just make something up and fill in the gaps and publish it in a science magazine and the geeks will drewl about it all over the place.
Delusions of mankind. That's my evolution theory. Feel free to spread it all over the internet.
edit on 26-6-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

If evolution were true there would be many different stages and different species would be in different states of evolving

Have you not looked around planet earth lately? There are like a thousand species of shrimp alone. Everything is in transition.

We should have evolved to breath underwater by now if it takes millions of years for the slightest change how can that be evolution ?

Why should we have evolved to breathe underwater? Nothing is guaranteed in evolution, the mutations are random.

Sadly, yet another person who doesn't even comprehend the basics of evolution attacks it with ignorance and lies. Intellectual honesty simply does not exist for these people.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
the ridiculous, out of thin air, claim they magically adapt to a surrounding and they make claims it takes millions of years.

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I refer to ignorance and misunderstanding the theory. If you think genetic mutations and natural selections are magical, I really don't know what to tell you.

There's also no reason for DNA to mutate but by magic

There is no reason? What about the fact that it does not replicate perfectly? Or is making a copy mistake considered magic to you like Harry Potter waving a wand?

The claim creatures adapt to environment had to be made up for their inferior study of rock to make sense.
As time went by they made up many more stuff to the story like ice ages and destruction, simply because then the theory sounds somewhat plausible. Just make something up and fill in the gaps and publish it in a science magazine and the geeks will drewl about it all over the place.
Delusions of mankind. That's my evolution theory. Feel free to spread it all over the internet.

Yeah, dude, there isn't evidence or anything, it's totally all made up, which is why there are hundreds of thousands of research papers with experiments and tests and nobody has ever refuted a single one. I didn't post a link full of evidence for you. Come on dude, stop embracing ignorance and spreading delusion.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

As a polytheist, I dare you to prove the single creator.

Sargan was indeed a celebrity scientist. A cosmologist yes, a biological scientist? No.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Yea right, so DNA didn't replicate perfectly and that's how we ended up with humans?

are you f.... serious?

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Lots of points!

We use Evolutionary and Genetic Algorithms, which are directly based on evolutionary theory, in the building industry to optimise (creationists are going to love this), the design of buildings.

How do you think all the pieces in your phone or laptop got arranged so efficiently to have so much technology rammed into a device that fits in your hand?

Evolutionary algorithms allow computers to optimise systems and designs through millions or billions of design iterations, using concepts of parent>child, crossbreeding, mutations, external impacts, adapation, successive generations, etc... leading to designs and solutions that would be impossible for a human mind to realistically conceive of in a single lifetime. A human is lucky to get a few design iterations, with a handful of variables per design job.

Particularly interesting starting at the 2:11 mark of the video, where competition starts, and seeing the subsequent generations that evolved.

This branch of computing would not exist without the study and understanding of evolutionary theory, and is a direct benefit of the theory.
edit on 27-6-2019 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2019 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'm not even wondering what we are evolving into.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Yea right, so DNA didn't replicate perfectly and that's how we ended up with humans?

are you f.... serious?

Are you going to refute what I said or just keeping appealing to ignorance and faux outrage because you don't like the conclusions of science? You are in blind denial here and it's funny. Your argument is basically, "I don't get how it could happen, therefor it's wrong." Grow up and make a real argument instead of just ignoring and dismissing science out of emotion.

edit on 6 28 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You're still ignoring my questions.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You're still ignoring my questions.

Your questions are ignorant and every time I post evidence and reason you ignore it. Stop being so intellectually dishonest. Learn what evolution is and the mechanisms involved instead appeals to ignorance.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Ignorant questions.

Intellectual dishonesty.

Why should I learn what evolution is? It serves no purpose.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

are you f.... serious?

haha exactly. Scientists struggle to manipulate genes effectively.. yet they want us to believe that random mutations can manipulate genes effectively?

Evolutionary theory via random mutations is about as likely as a monkey writing a Shakespearean epic.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Ignorant questions.

Intellectual dishonesty.

Why should I learn what evolution is? It serves no purpose.

And you repeat the same crap again. I already clearly explained how it is dishonest to argue against something you don't even know the basics of. You just keep repeating ignorant one liners that prove you don't understand even the basics. Nobody is forcing you to argue against evolution, but you should understand it first, or you will continue to sound like an ignoramus and get laughed at. Your choice.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

are you f.... serious?

haha exactly. Scientists struggle to manipulate genes effectively.. yet they want us to believe that random mutations can manipulate genes effectively?

Evolutionary theory via random mutations is about as likely as a monkey writing a Shakespearean epic.

No belief involved at all. Genetic mutations manipulate the code sequence and this is proved. Full stop. Most mutations are not effective, they are neutral. Of course you know this but would rather keep the lie going like a complete shill. No surprise.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Well, honestly, that's not even a problem at all.

I'm happy without a course in evolution.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Awnser me this if we evolved from apes , Why are there still apes amongst us some of them just unlucky or the species we evolved from just vanishised for the convince of science ? It makes no sense . By the way you seem like a smart person but you would have a bit more creditably if you didnt insult everyone who disagrees with you (Jusy saying)
edit on 6/28/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Why are there still apes amongst us some of them just unlucky or the species we evolved from just vanishised for the convince of science ?

They will answer this question with vague assumptions. The real question that will stump any honest person, is where are the complete fossils of ANY of the transitional hominids between ape-like creatures and humans?? These transitional species were supposedly walking the earth for millions of years but we can't find any complete fossils? Just vague fragmentary remains that can only result in severe speculation. Most evolutionists think there is an abundance of transitional species fossils, but we still have yet to find one complete unambiguous sample.

If the herd mentality ended, and they objectively looked into on their own, they would realize evolutionary theory is a house of cards.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Well, honestly, that's not even a problem at all.

I'm happy without a course in evolution.

It's not a problem if your goal is to create atheists and demonstrate how ignorant creationists are. More power to you. I just don't see what you could possibly accomplish in a discussion by arguing a topic you don't understand.

You don't even need a course in evolution, just so very basic googling about the mechanisms would at least give you a rudimentary understanding, but arguing against something you don't know is as dishonest as it gets and there is no way around that. Are you the type of guy that goes to the dentist and starts arguing with the dentist after reading an X-ray to you?

edit on 6 29 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Awnser me this if we evolved from apes , Why are there still apes amongst us some of them just unlucky or the species we evolved from just vanishised for the convince of science ? It makes no sense . By the way you seem like a smart person but you would have a bit more creditably if you didnt insult everyone who disagrees with you (Jusy saying)

This is another prime example of why it makes sense to learn the basics of evolution before attacking it. Humans are a species of ape. It makes no sense to you because you've never studied it and are only making ignorant generalizations. That's not an insult, it's fact.

The whole If X came from Y, why is there still Y is one of the most ignorant idiotic arguments in the history of creationist stupidity. I can't believe they STILL repeat this claim. Isn't it about time to grow up and realize that some layman on the internet does not know more than a scientist about evolution? Don't get info on science from preachers.

edit on 6 29 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join