It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thought For Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Sunday

In Germany it's enough to call someone "ufologist" or "conspiracy theorist" to destroy their credibility. With ridicule implied.

Most European nations have/had UFO investigations.

Nowadays it takes quite often such mental splits to be a good civilian.

If everybody would have a first world lifestyle we would drown in garbage. They say you have to want that, but they don't want it too.

Every hierarchy only works if some believe they are inferior.

edit on 4-2-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Conspiracy Theory is guilt by associate terminology, like Gun Crime.

They want us to think that all conspiracies are only theories, and all guns criminal.
edit on 4-2-2018 by intrptr because: change

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I believe in living a simpler life. Have read books how the way we are moving as a society is causing detriments on a social and materialistic level. As far as garbage goes, I am all for reducing waste, but with it you eliminate to a degree modern convenience. It's someone's job to produce that waste, too. It's a crazy web to decipher and untangle.

I admire societies that have figured out a system or encourage lifestyles that much more environmentally friendly. In European countries people recycle more and walk much more on a daily basis to get their food. I wish I lived close enough to a local butcher I could simply get my day's cut and walk home.

Packaging gets on my nerves.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And everybody associated thinks Earth is flat...

a reply to: PhantomOrion

Better recycling maybe even upcycling would be great. Take your Tupperware if you go shopping.
Let's keep thinking.

edit on 4-2-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

a reply to: PhantomOrion

Better recycling maybe even upcycling would be great. Take your Tupperware if you go shopping.
Let's keep thinking.

I really should. Just everything mostly comes wrapped. I remember a time in my youth where you could scoop beans, or even rice into a bag and simply weigh it.

Maybe I should open up some sort of packageless shop.

For a time I did experiment with recycling and upcycling/reuse. Convenience won out. Plus I don't know many likeminded peeps nearby. Helps to have peers for accountability's sake.

Well here I'll be going off on a tangent and researching like crazy. Maybe I'll share my findings at a later time.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

That's incredible!

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Monday

Phantom time hypothesis

is not that far fetched, if we consider that forgery was used by others too to validate their claim on a title.

not the only one. Rudolf
It still took quite some time before everybody had the same calendar. Around 1700? I assume the date was more a personal thing than the dogmatic seconds in synch counting we do now.
For some people it might have been like 300 years got no place in time anymore.
And it's fun to think about.
Isn't that what really matters?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

oh FFS - not this bollox again

falsified by :

the fact that chinese , indian and american calenders confirm that key world events happened XXXX years ago - in accordance with the western callenders

dendrochronolgy - also synchs with the above

c14 dating - again confirms that roman and other artefacts are XXXXX years old - and align with thje calenders

there is NOWHERE to insert 300 years

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

How many relicts do we have from the wooden ages? Also which part of "it is fun to think about" convinced you I take it serious?
What I implied is that some rural Communities might have had their own calendar and indeed "lost" a few years when they accepted the official one.
Before Greenwich every town had its own timezone. That's funny. Come on.

top topics

join