It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Nations 2018

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Rugby is one of the three sports I follow. Cricket and hockey being the other two.

We have just started the annual Six Nations contest that pits France, England, Italy, Wales, Ireland (North and South) and Scotland.

If you want to keep up to date with what's going on then go to the Six Nations Website

We had a fantastic contest between Scotland and Wales yesterday. Sadly for Scotland they were well beaten against an injury blighted Wales, which does not bode well for Scotland (sad face). Also, bit disappointed with the French loss against Ireland as I secretly support France! Looking forward to the England v Italy game later today.

For the highlights of the Wales vrs Scotland match below...

For those who don't know what Rugby is, then the below (really) basic guide may help...

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The Six Nations. Its like the Superbowl, but not gay.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I am petitioning the ATS management to have this thread moved to the hoax bin...

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I am petitioning the ATS management to have this thread moved to the hoax bin...

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I would say that it is a case of the other nations form being particularly strong at this point. Scotland will probably beat Italy and I fancy their chances against the French.
a reply to: ScepticScot

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I wonder what some nfl lineman could do in rugby.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Cry.
a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I wonder what some nfl lineman could do in rugby.

Who knows? American football and rugby may look the same, but are very different. The similarity is the shape of the ball and the fact they are both contact sports. Tackling in rugby is highly regulated, while in NFL 90% of linemen have a type of trauma-caused brain damage. Just because you are good at one game does not necessarily translate into another code, especially when you consider rugby to be a long grind and not short set-piece plays, so the athletics is different.

Anyhoo, to topic. England won against Italy 46 to 15.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Only time I am happy to see England win is v the Italians.

Have to admit England looked reasonably good.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Not worth a new thread but shout out to the USA team for beating Scotland last night. It's their first win against a top tier team.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Not worth a new thread but shout out to the USA team for beating Scotland last night. It's their first win against a top tier team.

Fake news...

Seriously was a good result for then. Maybe America is starting to get decent at a real sport.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Not full strength Scotland but not the point. It was a good crowd too. I always thought rugby could take off in America, here's hoping it's the start. Just glad they weren't playing England on our current run!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Not full strength Scotland but not the point. It was a good crowd too. I always thought rugby could take off in America, here's hoping it's the start. Just glad they weren't playing England on our current run!

Hopefully as a good US team would be real asset to international rugby.

Lots of competition from American football for players and crowds however.

top topics

join