It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 dead as train carrying 147 people crashes into freight train in South Carolina

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

A train carrying 147 people has collided with a freight train in South Carolina, according to reports. Emergency responders are attending the scene.

The railroad corporation said that the lead engine and some of the passenger cars of the train had come off the tracks.

Trains collide between New York and Miami, injuries reported

This is the 2nd derailment in as many weeks, so, being the suspicious freakozoid that I am, I'm thinking that permutations and combinations are at ridiculous odds such that subsequent occurrences in such a short time span paint a picture of possible human intervention.

Could be an attack of sorts, could be coincidence and an accident - either way, my thoughts are with the injured and their families at the moment, but also wanting answers.

Thoughts?
edit on 4/2/2018 by Sublimecraft because: to reflect new headline from source.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
yeah, watching it now.

2 dead 50+ injured so far.

It is suspicious to me too.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It´s called infrastructurcalypse.
Happens when governments don´t care for their people and the infrastructure they need.
Even if the people pay taxes for that stuff. Like here in Germany, our streets almost look like "U"S streets meanwhile, our IT infrastructure is almost non existant, we can´t even build airports and railway stations anymore.

If you want to take a train to travel, no internet, maybe no mobile phoning, you can be happy if the train arrives only one hour late. But the prices rise and rise, to make some rich beings richer!

Yeah, hail the privatisation...

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

IF intentional it could be to draw attention away from the republicans on a train crash into garbage truck event. For most people this will work. And even those among us who have their suspicions will find the waters muddied and information harder to filter out from the background noise.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Just updated to 2* dead.
(*Correction from 3 to 2 by CNN now)
Media update at 06:30 EST

The very front most passenger car is inaccessible, so potentially more deceased/wounded.

--Source on dead is CNN (yea yea I know)--
--Lexington Herald is source of train wreck data--
edit on C18523211 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

i think accidents happen.
there are a #load of trains on the tracks at any given time and they require humans to operate and i think it is a miracle that more derailments dont happen

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Interestingly, it was about 3 hours from the time of the accident BEFORE it was starting to be reported on.

Accident happened at about 02:35EST, but didn't start hearing about it until almost an hour ago?

I know this is South Carolina, but 3 hours?

Odd.
edit on C18523402 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i think accidents happen.
there are a #load of trains on the tracks at any given time and they require humans to operate and i think it is a miracle that more derailments dont happen

This was a collision.

The NTSB is getting there ASAP.

It's odd that 2 trains are on the same track.

Switchman sleepin' train 102 is on the wrong track and headed for you...

Drivin that train, high on coc aine...

Prayers for the dead and wounded.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Sometimes trains get in wrecks.
They can't stop very fast

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
go figure it's AMTRACK yet again. se4ems this company has some rather serious safety issues.

On December 18, 2017, Amtrak Cascades passenger train 501 derailed near DuPont, Washington, United States. It was the inaugural run on the Point Defiance Bypass, a new passenger rail route south of Tacoma, Washington. The bypass was intended to reduce congestion and separate passenger and freight traffic, and was designed for faster speeds and shorter travel times (saving ten minutes from Seattle to Portland) than the previous route used by Cascades
en.wikipedia.org...

apparently caused by the train doing 80mph in a 30mph zone, which is over double the speed limit. and this after the company had received a scathing safety report.

The deadly Amtrak crash in Washington state marked the railroad’s third fatal accident in as many years, putting the passenger rail operator under fresh scrutiny less than a month after safety regulators issued a scathing report.

www.bloomberg.com...

and as that article states it was the third fatal accident in three years. but now we are at THREE fatal accidents in about a MONTH AND A HALF. the first near Tacoma attributed to masive speeding. the second attributed in Virginia, where it was a train full of GOP people that hit a garbagee truck. and now this one. seems there are some serious safety issues indeed with Amtrack.

i guess the question we should all be asking is if Amtrack should be shut down. passenger train travel in North America is not even really viable. it's generally far cheaper to drive. and it really is not any cheaper than flying, yet takes far more time than flying. several high speed passenger rail services have been tried in several areas in North America, with one result, THEY ALL FAILED. so why do we keep this archeic type of transport system arround? it's not cost effective. it requires the government to finantually support it. so even at the relitively high fares, it can't even support it's self. it's not time effective. and it seems it's getting rather unsafe to boot. so why is the government even keeping it going? is it time to cut the losses and end passenger train service?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Comes down to money.
In the UK we use a system that throws the brakes on a train if it enters a restricted speed area too fast.
Cost a lot to put in, but it works.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Just for the record, there are thousands of train related accidents and incidences every year in the US. So there's no conspiracy there unless you count people fearmongering about them possibly being related.

For example, this site says there were at least 2,025 collisions and 265 fatalities at highway-rail grade public and private crossings in 2016 (HERE). And that number has consistently decreased from 9,461 collisions & 728 fatalities in 1981, meaning that things are getting better virtually every year.

However, this other site (HERE) shows all rail related accidents and incidences (not just the ones at crossings). It shows that there were almost 11,000 rail related accidents/incidences in 2016 and more than 800 deaths.

In other words, this is a regrettable but common occurrence. By comparison, there were more than 37,000 deaths in 2016 because of car accidents. (HERE). That's more deaths per month than the number of dead from the 9/11 terrorist attack.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

As Q stated, watch for false flags.

The dumpster truck that just happened to be on the tracks to cause the previous "accident" has an LLC that is not even active.

#deepstateinpanicemode

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Zap hasn't trained them on the proper way to perform a corkscrew landing.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Very true. In our area the roads are crumbling, it is terrible. We have high taxes. Ironically a government official was badly hurt on one of the roads and now suddenly fund are available for fixing it.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Tyranny. Treason. I smell.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm thinking that permutations and combinations are at ridiculous odds

you have no idea `what so ever - of the science of probalility and statistics

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Both the DuPont, WA. 502 train wreck, and now, the Carolina head on collision are on the R.R. crews. One went way too fast, and the new one was caused by an open switch, which diverted the Amtrak off it's Green Lighted Main Line, onto a siding with the Freight parked.

The Va. refuse truck, jumped the signals, and that has to be on their trucking Co. Those signals were repeatedly malfunctioning, causing extensive delays when no trains were present. So some locals began disregarding the signals on some of these crossings. That refuse truck was on a fixed schedule, and like my pick up, you can usually set your clocks by them. So someone sent that non scheduled Chartered Excursion Train off down the tracks, at the exact moment which brought it to that crossing an hour later, when the refuse truck needed to cross their tracks.

IMHO, Washington State's and Carolina's wrecks, are definitely on the RR's own crews. Va. could have been on both the truck driver and maybe on the person, "Security"??, who green lighted it, to leave the station, headed off for the Greenbrier.

But this resort, "Greenbrier" was the Gov'ts Panic Palace in the first Cold War. I cannot see the Gov't letting any vehicles crossing their tracks, demolishing the last of our Gov't fleeing a nuclear NORK attack back in Wash. D.C. We're now in the second "Cold War", with the Koreans. So both Washington State and Washington D.C. sent off trains doomed to crash. But the New York, to Miami, Fla. train went down the wrong track, and ploughed into a parked Freight.

Va. probably happened due to lack of maintenance on the crossing signals. Wash. happened after the inaugural run, went through three slow down signs on a clear morning. Carolina was an open switch, and these are locked down, open or closed. So all three of these passenger Amtrak trains were guaranteed Open Tracks, yet all three had fatal crashes, due to human errors.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
Interestingly, it was about 3 hours from the time of the accident BEFORE it was starting to be reported on.

Accident happened at about 02:35EST, but didn't start hearing about it until almost an hour ago?

I know this is South Carolina, but 3 hours?

Odd.

That's weird. Since CNN reported that these accidents happen once in about every 3 hours somewhere in America.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join