It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carbs...Sugar...And Other Stuff

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm going to have to read this at least two more times to get the entirety of it...

Nicely done, Blend.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I'll try this diet
thank you

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
A well written, well researched post indeed.
Only a couple of problems. Aside from medical and/or digestive issues related to food consumption the bottom line is that most people want to just lose weight. With that said, it's calories in / calories out all day long. One could eat a diet of oreos, twinkies and doritoes and if they consume less calories than they are burning, they'll lose weight.

The other thing I don't like is the fact that so many people are so desperate to find a solution, they're willing to jump on any diet of the day band-wagon. Atkins, Paleo, Keto, and brands, Weight Watchers, Slimfast. I looked it up a while ago and there have been over 200 fad diets over the last 20 years or so.

I don't like to demonize food. They 'type' of food isn't the issue if we're talking obesity, the amount is.

I do agree with a whole food, minimally processed and mainly plant based diet to cure whatever ails ya. However, our biology was made to use all 3 macro's (Carbs/Protein/Fat) for optimal performance. Not just one or two.

Overall I agree with a lot of what the post speaks too. Check back next year when Keto is long gone and replaced by several other versions.

And yes, I'm a master licensed nutritionist and a competitive body builder.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I do not eat sugar for 23 years. Honey as an alternative. The best sugar substitute is stevia.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Judy21

It's still glucose/fructose.
It may be healthier than sugar, especially if raw, but it is still sugar/carbs/calories and reacts to insulin.

(post by Zlatica133 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join