It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking Heads- Psycho killer live 1978.... bonus random triva question cause why not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
first forgive me for my scattered type posts the past couple days. im going through one of my moments.
anway

Talking heads live 1978. this is the first bass line i taught my wife to play.

i love the talking heads. David Byrne is a weird dude and i love it. there are many stories of him floating around CBGB when he was first kicking off. he lived right across the street from the clun.

Love Tina too

random trivia question... please be honest if you dont know and dont look it up

what does OMFUG mean on this sign?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I should know this, I've recently watched the great movie with Alan Rickman.
I know CBGB stands for Country BlueGrass and Blues...

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jokei

yes you should

its early so i will just spoil

Other
Music
For
Uplifting
Gormandizers

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jokei

i wish i could have gone to the club. i would have had a hard time cause i am not big on people but the music that came through that place. cant imagine seeing all those great bands when they were first coming up.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Dammit, not quite on the tip of my tongue, but another hour and it might have come to me.

Mecca for music fans, sadly missed. We need more places that can actually foster original music as far away from Simon Cowell as possible.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
you know when all this music was fresh in the early 80's and MTV was just getting going i was a kid and could not appreciate a lot of the music i was hearing.
a lot of the new wave stuff.
the heads
devo
ah ha

now 30 years later i cant get enough.

crazy how that works you know

500 million views

far more people watching than when this # was new

im a new wave junkie these days

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jokei

Dammit, not quite on the tip of my tongue, but another hour and it might have come to me.

Mecca for music fans, sadly missed. We need more places that can actually foster original music as far away from Simon Cowell as possible.

im with you.

these places still exist but they have become places where musicians musicians play. i do not mean that as a knock against anyone, especially people that played in places like CBGB. i mean technically proficient. kind of gone away from that gritty, sloppy(not in a bad way) type of sound.

like felix pastorius. just not interested in touring the world and being uber famous like his dad but a monster. does studio work and kind of jumps from band to band and pops into clubs and rips it up

or dudes like skerik(he does play pretty big festivals and plays with les claypool in certain rotations of the fancy band.
he will play with the bandalabra or his septet

these dudes are not getting radio play. but # man.
there is some amazing stuff out there with musicians who are just scary good.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Lol I loved that! One of my favourite songs by one of my favourite bands, featuring the funniest President. I loved psych killer as a kid too, that bass...

Another underrated band a bit later in the era were Depeche Mode.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Lol I loved that! One of my favourite songs by one of my favourite bands, featuring the funniest President. I loved psych killer as a kid too, that bass...

Another underrated band a bit later in the era were Depeche Mode.

oh dude no doubt.
violator is one of the greatest albums of all time.

good call

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
That song is playing in my head for a couple of hours now, just from reading the title of your OP.
Not liking it any more.

new topics

top topics

join