It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing evidence of Atlantis kept from the public

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AncientPheonix
a reply to: Byrd

Am I guessing you get them to study Akkadian first? Because this takes 9 months alone, to be able to read and write. As it makes studying Sumerian easier
?

I don't teach languages, so... no. One of my degrees is in Egyptology and the gods know that learning to translate it takes quite a lot of time and almost constant practice. Since I'm not currently teaching Egyptology (and have been working on other things) my knowledge of hieroglyphs is not top notch, either.

But I know where to look for translations for many things and can read enough to see if the translation appears to be in line with what's written.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Harte

are there any decent courses or reading materials an amateur history enthusiast can get into and make sense of enough to be able to read some old stuff.

Depends on which language. For Egyptian, I suggest going to the hieroglyph study groups on Yahoo Groups. They're working through the classics and if you show an interest, they will let you "monitor" them. You can read the homework and the translations of other students.

Depending on what part of the world you're interested in, learning another modern language is very helpful. One of the papers I'm working on is Egyptian magical knives and the best material on it is written in German. My German is really only high school level German, so translation is rough going. I really can't use a professional translator here because you lose meaning unless that translator is familiar with the scholarly jargon AND Egyptology terms.

French is another good language to learn. And you might want to know enough Greek and Latin to be able to get the gist of a document. I've absorbed enough of those over the years to recognize some things but can't really read them.

Check with someone who has a degree in whatever part of world history you're interested in and ask for recommendations. History is such a huge subject that no one person is really an expert in every country or every culture or every era.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Hey Byrd , thanks for the suggestions I will take a look online and see what I can find.

I am really now super interested in your magical knives study , are they knives with spells enscribed on them ?
if so , what types of spells ?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Hey Byrd , thanks for the suggestions I will take a look online and see what I can find.

I am really now super interested in your magical knives study , are they knives with spells enscribed on them ?
if so , what types of spells ?

Sort of like Mickey Mouse in "Fantasia," the spells, when uttered, make the knives jump up and do work.

While Mickey's broom did cleanup - because that's what a broom is for - the knives will whittle you a whistle, so you can whistle while you work.

Harte

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ah, that's the $65,000 question... we don't know much about them. They're not what we would think of as a knife. They're arcs of hippopotamus tooth with magical deities drawn on them. There's no hieroglyphs about them, though they seem in some cases to have been used to draw designs (based on the wear on them.) They were used by priests (judging from where they were found.)

There's only a hundred or so of them. This is inscribed with a name so we know it's for a specific person (this person is not the one who used it.) They're Middle Kingdom time period (and not used earlier or later, apparently)

They are similar to wands which develop about the same time period.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Looks more like a boomerang to me, so the AE did make it to Australia after all...

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

totally looks like a boomerang !

Pretty cool to have a magical anything !

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

a reply to: surfer_soul

totally looks like a boomerang !

Pretty cool to have a magical anything !

The earliest representation of a non Australian boomerang was on a cave painting during the wet Saharan phase, if I can find it again will post it.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

that would be cool if you can find it !

I am now convinced that its not a knife , doesnt even look like a ceremonial blade , but clearly looks like a boomerang

you could only really draw in the sand with that , doesnt look like it could be used to draw on parchment its too long and big
maybe scraping on surfaces, but would seem odd to make them out of teeth bones as the item would wear away if it was used to scribe things.

If I were to take a guess its all scraped because its been flung around and hit off things !

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Spider879

that would be cool if you can find it !

I am now convinced that its not a knife , doesnt even look like a ceremonial blade , but clearly looks like a boomerang

you could only really draw in the sand with that , doesnt look like it could be used to draw on parchment its too long and big
maybe scraping on surfaces, but would seem odd to make them out of teeth bones as the item would wear away if it was used to scribe things.

If I were to take a guess its all scraped because its been flung around and hit off things !

They did have throwing sticks (in fact, all cultures that I know had some sort of throwing stick at one time or another)

No, they did not write with magical knives (that was not their purpose.)

"Magical knife" is the name given to them by European Egyptologists some 2,000 years (and more) after the Egyptians last used them. They are also called "magical wands" in some publications... first publication about them is in German (I think) and the English words I use are translations of translations. We'd use the Egyptian name for them... but they never wrote it down - or at least they never depicted one and said "this is what it is."

DemonThings calls them "ivory magic wands" but the German PhD dissertation I'm translating calls them “Zaubermesser” - which translates to "Magic Knife." This is the announcement for the paper I'm translating - however, you do have to buy it (it's not free and it's not cheap) and it's in German.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Doesnt that strike you as odd , if they were ceremonial "magic" even then why they didnt write down what they were used for, but I suppose if you didnt want people to learn their purpose I suppose it works.

Im guessing the egyptologists just attached the word magic because they depicted magical deities ?

Also why did they say knife , if its not possible to cut anything with it apart from the air ?
the reason I say that is that other artifcats which are known as ceremonial knives are actually sharpened blades.

sorry I just always end up asking more questions haha
thanks again for your insight into the subject

edit on 8-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Doesnt that strike you as odd , if they were ceremonial "magic" even then why they didnt write down what they were used for, but I suppose if you didnt want people to learn their purpose I suppose it works.

No, it doesn't strike me as odd. In the Catholic church, for instance, there's no information on how to prepare censers or how to cense the attendees. There's no information on how to prepare the ashes for Ash Wednesday - on a more mundane level there's not a lot of information on how to put a thumb drive on a computer and how to copy files to it.

Im guessing the egyptologists just attached the word magic because they depicted magical deities ?

No, because of the context where they were found and from other materials and inscriptions. There's a number of books and papers on Egyptian magic (not the popular stuff ... the real stuff); Geraldine Pinch's book is one of the best.

Also why did they say knife , if its not possible to cut anything with it apart from the air ?

I am not the German Egyptologists who named these artifacts. They've been dead for quite awhile, so interrogating them will be difficult.

the reason I say that is that other artifcats which are known as ceremonial knives are actually sharpened blades.

Not all of them.

sorry I just always end up asking more questions haha
thanks again for your insight into the subject

A topic for another thread. We shouldn't sidetrack this one.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Ahh so these items and their uses were handed down through oral tradition in mystery schools ?
as with the catholic church stuff you mentioned I assume they passed on the tradition orally rather than in writing it down.

That is quite interesting that they were considered magical due to their location and other materials found with them.
I will need to look more into the underground egyptian magic as compared to the popular egyptian magic

I know you arent the german egyptologist , I was just wondering if youd speculate on why they'd call them knives if they dont actually cut anything.

Hey dont mind me asking questions , you brought up the subject of the magical knives ! lol I will save all my questions for your thread on "magical egyptian knives"
edit on 9-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: andre18

Hi All

Let me contribute to the debate about our ancient origins.

Mform

edit on 392018 by Mform because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Maybe not boomerangs..Maybe clapping sticks like Australian Aboriginal use.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

No boomerangs, definitely not clapping sticks, too advanced , maybe one stick against a rock? Could be aboriginal. 60 thousand year old culture. Homo sapiens on Earth 250-300 thousand years? Maybe be even longer. More than enough time for many advanced civilisations to rise and fall. How long did it take to go from horse and cart to man on the moon? Depending on what culture you look at, a few hundred years. A human being 300,00 years ago no different from us today. Same brain capacity. Why do people think our current culture is the pinnacle of humankind? A couple of hundred feet of mud and rock covering past civilisations we would never know they ever existed. Same with our current civilisation. A single comet strike just the right size wipe us out in a day. A few thousand years later not a remnant would remain everything eventually eroded back into its basic components. What about satellites orbiting the Earth from hypothetical past civilisations I hear you say ... well maybe there are some still up there but we are just not being told about them, much the same way that we are being lied to about the possibility of ancient civilisation once existing on the planet Mars.

It may all be wild speculation but its not impossible. I am 57 years of age. I believed everything we were ever told about our history. Never questioned it. 10 thousand years ago hunter gatherers, 5-6 thousand years ago Sumerians and the Egyptians leading to the Greeks and eventually our current pinnacle of civilisation. At 50 years of age started researching whether there was any evidence for a past civilisation on Mars and its led me back here, to Earth, to question our ideas about our own ancient history. For me its still a work in progress I came to this late in life and my entire world view has been turned around because what I have found has led me to believe that human beings once existed on mars. Everything I have discovered all points to this conclusion. If that is true then it means that our entire history as we perceive it may be wrong.

I think we are all in for a big shock over the coming years when the truth about our true history is finally revealed. We live in interesting times and I don't think we can dismiss new speculation as easily as we used to. I am a perfect example of a dog learning new tricks. And these old eyes may be myopic but they are not easily fooled.

kind Regards and respect

Mform

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Mform

Id have to say that its just a coincidence that these rock outcrops resemble a human face!

I could go allover the surface of earth , the moon , and mars and any other planet and find faces!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Ahh so these items and their uses were handed down through oral tradition in mystery schools ?
as with the catholic church stuff you mentioned I assume they passed on the tradition orally rather than in writing it down.

As I said, best saved for another thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Hi

I agree with you 100 per cent and that is why it is important especially with faces to find multiple evidence in the same area other wise it is easily dismissed as you have just done. That face is not isolated. There are structures running through the left hand side of its face that look artificial. The circular feature, the long channel leading to the Y shaped feature look artificial. The entire area is full of anomalies. Below you find another face profile that lies directly next to the African face but is position in the opposite direction.

These videos are part of a longer one I have published that shows many of the anomalies in this area of MinioVallis. I hope you find them interesting.

kind Regards

MarsForm Barnsy

www.youtube.com...

edit on 3132018 by Mform because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Mform

I don't mean to be "that guy" but linking your own youtube channel may violate 15c of ATS terms and conditions. I'm pretty sure that is verboten. If I'm incorrect then I apologize in advance. If referencing your own work on another website is allowed, you should really start your own thread instead of derailing this one with Martian pareidolia in a thread about Atlantis.

For reference purposes-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

15c.) Intellectual Property: You will not Post any copyrighted material owned by others, material belonging to another person, material previously Posted by you on another website, or link to any copyrighted material without providing proper attribution*, as defined by TAN, to its original source. You will not Post any material that infringes, misappropriates, or violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of TAN or any third party. You will not use your Postings on the Websites to promote your own personal website or any other website with which you may be associated without first receiving permission from TAN.

edit on 13-3-2018 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join