It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrophysicists Have Built The Most Detailed Simulation of The Universe Ever and It's Stunning

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen I give you .... the Universe !
(Well part of it at least)

The video is a simulation of one billion square light years of galactic material in our Universe evolving from just after the Big Bang and on into the future , it a mesmerizing watch as we see the Universe grow and evolve.

The level of accuracy being achieved so far is exciting. Already, three papers have been published describing the large scale clustering of matter, helping us understand how galaxies form.
Of course, anything found in the simulations are simply flags that require closer inspection by astronomers.

One piece of research published in the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society demonstrated the nature of faint haloes of stars that form as galaxies collide and merge; normally too faint to see, the simulation shows what signature to hunt for.
www.sciencealert.com...

Mind meltingly cool.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Awesome. Looks like a giant nerve cell

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Ladies and Gentlemen I give you .... the Universe !
(Well part of it at least)

The video is a simulation of one billion square light years of galactic material in our Universe evolving from just after the Big Bang and on into the future , it a mesmerizing watch as we see the Universe grow and evolve.

The level of accuracy being achieved so far is exciting. Already, three papers have been published describing the large scale clustering of matter, helping us understand how galaxies form.
Of course, anything found in the simulations are simply flags that require closer inspection by astronomers.

One piece of research published in the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society demonstrated the nature of faint haloes of stars that form as galaxies collide and merge; normally too faint to see, the simulation shows what signature to hunt for.
www.sciencealert.com...

Mind meltingly cool.

An asymmetric big bang then. Wonders?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hmm. Does varying the redshift from about 4 (dimensionless? frequency?) to 0 represent the time factor? For a future prediction I would expect that value to vary into the negative, but then again I am not a cosmologist. Also, they're modeling the magnetic field strength? I can see how that factors into star/galactic formation, but it leads me to wonder how gravity is factored. It is super cool that they're making predictions with the model which can then be tested against good ol' fashioned observation. The filaments in the simulation are hauntingly similar to the WMAP/dark matter structure predictions. Nice find. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It’s so cool, the idea of outer space.
And with all the new programming tech, each year space looks more and more believable.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Reminds me of the movie Contact, when she gets dropped through the machine built from alien instructions, and gets shot through a few wormholes.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
It’s so cool, the idea of outer space.
And with all the new programming tech, each year space looks more and more believable.

Can you expound on that? Where precisely does your belief in space lie?
edit on 3-2-2018 by Zelun because: I mean lay. Where does your belief lay?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

I'm just saying that it's neat to think that we could explore it someday, somehow.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I dig. I think space really is the final frontier. We are going to find such amazing things out there, and I think it is going to happen sooner than later. Hell, it has been for the past century, finding unexpected things out in the void that is.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
sorry no big bang it is a the universe has a center or starting point theory which it does not have never has had and well as ego goes where ever one places consciousness as a focus then there is where all revolves around... however that something still isn't "you".

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Oh, so the big bang was a neuron and we are somewhere out on the dendrite? Okay.

But we are in the body of Christ too right?

Just another cog in the ole neural network of my lord and savior.

Happy to be playin my role.
edit on 3-2-2018 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

Ouch. Sure love ideology supplanting rigor. What was that thing? That thing Hamlet said? Something about philosophies and heaven and earth?
edit on 3-2-2018 by Zelun because: and Horatio

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

That's a whole lot of becoming for a "thing" of course building conceptual castles is easy knowing castle, not knowing castle then at least there's the building and well with out the building it is simply back to being that thing; the thing is like is will always be thing thing never changes from being thing as soon as it ceases being thing no one says who killed thing? Thing is immortal no concept is thing except for thing, so heavens hells or even philosophies trying to fill any ideology of such only fill emptiness with more emptiness and emptiness says hey wait a minute I cannot be filled by my very definition and void says tell me about it while hole just rolls it's eyes.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Sigh. Fly me to the moon, and let me dance among the stars. Please.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BEBOG

That's a whole lot of becoming for a "thing" of course building conceptual castles is easy knowing castle, not knowing castle then at least there's the building and well with out the building it is simply back to being that thing; the thing is like is will always be thing thing never changes from being thing as soon as it ceases being thing no one says who killed thing? Thing is immortal no concept is thing except for thing, so heavens hells or even philosophies trying to fill any ideology of such only fill emptiness with more emptiness and emptiness says hey wait a minute I cannot be filled by my very definition and void says tell me about it while hole just rolls it's eyes.

I like your style.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

Oh, so the big bang was a neuron and we are somewhere out on the dendrite? Okay.

But we are in the body of Christ too right?

Just another cog in the ole neural network of my lord and savior.

Happy to be playin my role.

Yah I was just thinking that. Even if we could model something 1 quadrillion times larger, God would be infinitely larger than that.

And to think He wants us to get to know Him, unlike the 'universe' that is so far out there we are specks in comparison.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Thanks for filling me in I am no longer hole :p

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Thanks for filling me in I am no longer hole :p

Thanks for makin' it weird cuz!

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

It's "sing among the stars" if I'm not mistaken. Not to derail.
edit on 3-2-2018 by Zelun because: nope, it's "let me play among the stars"

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Sister/Brother we're empty by default. It is intention that defines us as life. Even trees are motive, if static from our perspective. So the void is our playground. It is our motion through the void that defines purpose. There are inertial laws that limit our motion, so that is what becomes interesting. It is limitation that breeds defiance. I just wonder where the defiance will take us.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join