It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless in California , wheres the dream?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I watched several of these videos the last weeks. What i mentioned first was the "U"S flags everywhere, even at those tents.

Like: This oligarchy effed me so hard so that i am homeless now, let´s celebrate it...

And then there was a similiar video of that A Jones clown´s channel.
I had to laugh so hard. The blonde, not unemployed, not homeless interviewer girl learned that many people there in the tent cities have slave wage jobs and can´t pay rents or the cotsts that come with such a 10.000 dollar "home", from that wage.

Then she started to cry... like she never heard about the circumstances in the "U"SA before, like she never heard that the "U"SA is an oligarchy/corpocracy/military junta/dictatorship of the rich, like she never heard about the drug problems in the "U"SA, about that racism problem, about working poor etc, etc.

Started to cry knowing that she will be payed this month, knowing that she goes back to her maybe gated community, crying because real life is so hard...
All the people there behind her had a reason to cry, but not her!
That was so bad acting!

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: NthOther

seriously. we should put stupid people in slavery so we can work less

I'll let you decide who's stupid and who's not

Wow!

You know, I once thought that way decades ago until life taught me a lesson the hard way.

Due to a messy divorce with my alcoholic ex wife and me paying off all the bills, being between industrial construction or oil rig jobs (which paid very, very well) and me leaving all my money behind and walking out the door, I became homeless for a time. I had even sold my car to pay bills my ex ran up. I had no place to go (parents deceased) and have supported myself since age 16, including working my way through college working full time.

I was in a large west coast city at the time. I walked all night long the first night I was so troubled at the time. Then an acquaintance who knew the situation told me where I could get help to get on my feet. I went and talked to a man who become like a second family to me. I had help while I found a job and help getting housing. In exchange I helped out the charity by donating labor. I ended up learning a new profession and worked for them for a while.

While there I got to know over a fifty people off the street and about how they got to be homeless and learned how wrong I was. In most cases it was people had fallen on hard times do to no fault of their own. Most people just go home to their parents or move in with a sibling and are not looked down on. Most of these people had nowhere to go. They were the same people, but the ones who could live off family are not looked down on even though they are in the same position for the same reasons.

Imagine trying to find a job with no address, no phone, no car and no way to do laundry or even get a haircut for an interview.

That's when I woke up to the reality many homeless are good people who deserve help, but are scorned by people out pure bigotry.

If anyone thinks they are all addicts or drunks, think again as that has never been true. It's a lie people tell themselves to ease their own consciences for not helping. They see the drunk on the corner and assume all the homeless are the same which is sad and the product of bigotry.

Even here in Anchorage, AK we have families living in their cars and they have jobs, but can't qualify for, or afford the very high rent here. Some, both parents have jobs and yet they end up homeless.
Best post in the thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
The problem lies with the individual. Save your money, don't buy stupid s# you don't need, keep your nose clean, and you will never be homeless.

All it takes is one accident, sickness, arrest or lawsuit to put any one of us in the same situation these poor people are in. It's not the economic model that's wrong it's been our small business-destroying policies and the overwhelming supply of cheap labor via open borders that have depressed wages, raised real estate prices and increased corporate profits.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
The bad side of the tech boom.

A 16% rise in homeless in the last two years.

what does the tech boom have to do with homeless? While the tech boom most certain raises cost of living, I fail to see the connection to the homeless.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

in places like San Francisco due to the tech boom gentrifying entire neighborhoods and raising costs of everything you are seeing people who have lived in their own neighborhoods just fine their entire life being forced out by skyrocketing costs. it's so bad there are literally billboards and signs on nearly every residential block often erected by the city telling tenants that they have rights and landlords can't just evict them. along with lists of resources and tenants rights lawyers they can contact.

I remember a few years ago working in down town LA and seeing people my age who just two weeks earlier were heading to work in the same building with me literally on the street unemployed, homeless and asking for help. those people had a job and a apartment literally two weeks earlier. made me realize that people literally are one paycheck away from being destitute and homeless.

it's not for a lack of effort. Iits not because they have some fictitious drug addiction. it's the state. the employers and the corrupt politicians and policies of California creating a dystopian nightmare for 95 percent of the residents. the only people who don't see this are the ones luckily spared from seeing or experiencing this living outside the cities in rural areas where life still has an semblance of sense and the very wealthy living it up inside the cities.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I am really tired of hearing how homeless cant afford a cell phone so ill clue you in .
a bran new cell phone android you can get for 10 $ or goodwill has tons for a 1 $ or 3 .
monthly planes start as little as 35 $ Not 50 and you can buy time cards even cheaper for as little as 10 .

one last thing tehre asre apps that you can get cell phone time FREE as long as you have wifi ( at any fast food joint or library )
so really if you dead poor 2 $ and you have a working cell phone you can get in contact with people .
Now even the poorest of the poor can get 2$
edit on 4-2-2018 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You don't see that problem to that magnitude in other states.

Spokane Wa is right up there with San Diego and San Diego is atrocious.
Slaves to a rigid unforgiving system income shredders and banking elves
pulling a part every paycheck with charges just because you don't have
an account at that particular bank. I worry about kids try'n o make it now
days in the traditional way. Starting out with nothing one working at Del Taco
the other at dollar general. Two little kids maybe a grandparent staying with em.

No way do they breeze the rent on a two bedroom apt. Don't get sick or have any
problems that come with being human or out you go. The newest squeeze, get this,
bad credit? Sorry no bank account for you. thow in a few laws against living off the
grid and you're in prison.

Don't need a fence.

The greatness of a country should be indicated by the quality of life available
to it's poor. Every human being is entitle to food and shelter and the dignity
of a shower.

Just because they are a human being.

It's a hellish idea for these things to be a commodity that puts a few others
in a class that looks down and spits on these people.
edit on Rpm20418v11201800000010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
There was a time in this country when the wealth was more evenly distributed. Now it's being hoarded at the top. My grandmother was born on a kitchen table in a dirt floor shack in Kentucky. She had a 3rd grade education. She moved to Detroit in the 40's and retired in 1981 from Crystler with half a million in the bank. She was an inspector and she climbed in and out of car trunks 10 hours a day inspecting wiring.

I was born in the 70's and I started working in the 90's. I saw what my grandparents had and I watched it all disappear. I made more money at my summer job in high school then my younger cousins make now after 5 year of being out of school. They have no future. Everybody I know is one pay check away from disaster.

Opportunities like my grandparents had just aren't there anymore. When adjusted for inflation my grandmother was making in a week what my older cousin does with a masters in computer science.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
California with all it's Homeless, Border Crossers, and X-Box players, gets $500.00 a month Too sit around the House or The Curb!

( Michael Tubbs the mayor of Stockton imagines the result of wage stagnation, rising housing values, and decline of middle-class jobs is implementing a universal basic income In 2012, the city went bankrupt and is planning on moving forward with the experiment by giving low-income residents $500 a month and no questions asked. )

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
All the gold in California
Is in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills
In somebody else's name

Actually California money is in software and real estate. The only trick is that you had to be here in the early 80s to take advantage of it. As is the solution to so many things, you need to go back in time.

EDIT: In all honestly, you can live in a complete wasteland and you can still make a lot of money. But it takes the right kind of personality and ambition and drive. It also takes foregoing the ordinary life of a wife and kids and living in rough conditions for possibly forever. And even then you might not do it. Success is possible. But like everything else, you're going to have to work for it.

edit on 5-2-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

My kind of town. No slaving for thankless bosses, no taxes, rent, utilities, payments = freedom.

Theres only one way to be truly free from the system, to most people thats hi crimes and treason against the expectations, ambitions and goals programmed into their heads from early age.

You must conform, obey, earn, consume... or you are a failure.

The conditioning is even worse than the one religion places there, or the military, 'Higher' education, Civilization, society, ethics, etc, etc.

If you don't 'measure up' you are waste. One day, not far now, these will be rounded up and dealt with as 'undesirables' or 'deplorables' or whatever terminology they will use, this time around.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join