It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A real reason Dems hate Russia...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Liquesence

One piece of "fake news and propaganda" as you categorized it?

It is one piece of something much larger and more complex, which involves propaganda and misinformation.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So What did Russia do exactly?

Cant that be put into an articulate thought?

EDIT TO ADD:
They did not hack the DNC. I can go into it if you want though most know the details by now.

They didnt hack the voter machines

They wrote stories? about WHAT?

WHAT WAS the disinfo?

edit on 2 4 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

So What did Russia do exactly?

Cant that be put into an articulate thought?

Read my previous replies and the links provided.

I'm tired of repeating myself.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You never said it.

WHAT was the disinfo?

EDIT TO ADD:
If you cant care to explain what was the disinfo that supposedly cost Hillary the election then dont get pissy when I dont give a Isht and keep asking you to back up what you say.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Every single major country in the world has tampered with or attempted to influence our elections.

So what makes Russians so bad that we must over react to the situation?

You are missing the entire point.

Few have had such an impact that rattles the very foundation of our democracy as this has, and has planted the seeds of discord inside so we are doing it to ourselves, like a two headed entity unaware it is eating itself.

Do you see what is happening in our country, do you not care, or do you condone it?

by your own words they did not alter it they tried to, So how have the upset our republic?(since we have never been a democracy) they will try again in the future and seeing where they tried we should be more worried about improving our defense instead of trying to unseat an elected president.

Just like the UK will try to, and France, and Germany, and Spain, and the Netherlands, and Belgium... see a trend, we have the ability to upset the entire world so every country tries to alter or influence the election to benefit them.

You confusing the issues:

Altering the results as in changing votes (of which there is no evidence) versus influencing as in using propaganda and misinformation that shape public perception (of which there is evidence), said propaganda and misinformation that is believed and (unknowingly?) used by others (in our country/government) as a means of undermining our democracy and our fundamental institutions: the executive branch, and some on congress, is (are) actively attacking the FBI, The DOJ, the IC, and politicians not in line with its beliefs. That erodes the very nature of those institutions, and they are pillars of our system of government, and threatens a consolidation of power.

It is very dangerous.

I think you need to go back to civics class.
The dossier was not unknowingly used since it was paid for by groups in the US that were in touch with the investigative groups , and it appears the FBI knew about its questionable origins and this MUST be investigated so the problem can be fixed. (sweeping it under the rug will not help fix it)

Russia will try again in 3 years to influence things, as will every major nation in the world, this complete and utter panic attack in the press,the 13 months of non-stop attempts to unseat the elected president have done far more to damage our Republic than anything the Russians did.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Every single major country in the world has tampered with or attempted to influence our elections.

So what makes Russians so bad that we must over react to the situation?

You are missing the entire point.

Few have had such an impact that rattles the very foundation of our democracy as this has, and has planted the seeds of discord inside so we are doing it to ourselves, like a two headed entity unaware it is eating itself.

Do you see what is happening in our country, do you not care, or do you condone it?

by your own words they did not alter it they tried to, So how have the upset our republic?(since we have never been a democracy) they will try again in the future and seeing where they tried we should be more worried about improving our defense instead of trying to unseat an elected president.

Just like the UK will try to, and France, and Germany, and Spain, and the Netherlands, and Belgium... see a trend, we have the ability to upset the entire world so every country tries to alter or influence the election to benefit them.

You confusing the issues:

Altering the results as in changing votes (of which there is no evidence) versus influencing as in using propaganda and misinformation that shape public perception (of which there is evidence), said propaganda and misinformation that is believed and (unknowingly?) used by others (in our country/government) as a means of undermining our democracy and our fundamental institutions: the executive branch, and some on congress, is (are) actively attacking the FBI, The DOJ, the IC, and politicians not in line with its beliefs. That erodes the very nature of those institutions, and they are pillars of our system of government, and threatens a consolidation of power.

It is very dangerous.

The dossier

I'm not talking about the dossier, never even mentioned it.

Are you people really that dense, or you just like to switch the argument to something more comfortable to you?

the 13 months of non-stop attempts to unseat the elected president

Now I see where you are trying to steer this. Figures.

Good day.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You never said it.

WHAT was the disinfo?

EDIT TO ADD:
If you cant care to explain what was the disinfo that supposedly cost Hillary the election then dont get pissy when I dont give a Isht and keep asking you to back up what you say.

On the previous page, I provided links for you to read, which backs up what I have said.

Here they are again:

Link

Link

Link

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Yay... emotional arguments, jumps to conclusions, dismisses any counter argument and declares victory!

Congratulations I think you hit all the high points for being a koolaid drinking democrat, cause your certainly not a liberal.

A liberal would be more concerned with the possible abuses by the institutions in our own country rather than some possible influence garnered by propaganda that we have no real way of knowing how much it altered things.

ETA: I am sorry that the topic is brand new to you, but many folks have been aware that other govt's tinker with our elections for decades,just like we tinker with other peoples elections (bill clinton helping Yeltsin win re-election), but it certainly is not worth going round the bend over.

edit on 4-2-2018 by Irishhaf because: additional thought.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

You see. Those links, WHAT you are going on attribute the LEAKS to Russian hacking. NOT Disinfo.

Your sources dont say what you think they do...lol

They say that Russia published hacked material from members of the DNC...that THEY hacked.

No. Wiki leaks leaked it after Seth Rich gave it to them, like wiki leaks has been alluding to since the begining.

Thats not disinfo. Thats just politically damning and inconvenient. LOL

Want to try again? Maybe this time read your sources and understand what they are saying?! LOL

This is all one big circle jerk.

Like the dossier being the source of the articles "in the press" used to justify the FISA warrant and the domestic spying of Trumps campaign by supposedly verifying the dossier.

Its all self reinforcing. That means its BS.

This is ALL such BS.

There is no evidence that a logical person can cite to prove Russian hacking being the source of the leaks or being a factor in votes or other areas LIKE YOUR SOURCES erroneously said...

and backed up with the tired "intelligence sources confirmed" BS, which everyone has back tracked from already and has been proven false by das MEMO.

Also, again, the material leaked isnt disputed.

Arent you happy it was released since it showcases lies in government and corruption?

EDIT TO ADD:
If you have any ACTUAL examples of Russian disinfo affecting our election results please do share. If not, stop perpetuating proven lies.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join