It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Showering Everyday is Gross!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I thank you for such an interesting and insightful post. I'm familiar with the advice of not showering daily due to the damage it can have on our skin and hair. But to be painfully honest, I never considered cleaning the shower head, and I imagine it will become a matter on my to-do list tomorrow.

We now drink filtered tap water, and let me tell you it makes a world of a difference. My body was actually reacting negatively prior to the adjustment. And now I imagine doing the same with my shower head. Do they sell filters for those?

You're very fortunate to live by the ocean. But I don't completely buy that it's necessarily better. There are benefits - salt water works wonders and I wholeheartedly believe it helped cure a wart I developed. But otherwise, I'm squeamish about the microbial life inherent, including pollution and contaminants. I'm wary of nuclear waste as well. But that's just me. I'm glad you found something that works for you. More power to you.

You make excellent points about the sanitation of our water, along with the chemicals we adopt in the name of cleanliness. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Truly

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I like the way you think!!a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

What about well water? Nice, hard well water. Leaves calcium lines in glass vases. Does that gross you out?

I'm guessing you're not Mediterranean. Some folks with Southern European genes, such as myself, leach out the smell of whatever they eat. Maybe your ancestors didn't wash every day, but I bet mine washed a lot more than once a week. No one wants to smell like broccoli or beef.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You sir for the WIN

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I have Gunther sponge me down daily with bottles of tears from Malaysian prostitutes.

Afterwards, a thin glaze of Preparation H is coated over my body.

What'd you run out of liberal tears, or imports are cheaper?

Liberal tears caused a rash.

You're either using them incorrectly or they're counterfeit.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

What about well water? Nice, hard well water. Leaves calcium lines in glass vases. Does that gross you out?

I'm guessing you're not Mediterranean. Some folks with Southern European genes, such as myself, leach out the smell of whatever they eat. Maybe your ancestors didn't wash every day, but I bet mine washed a lot more than once a week. No one wants to smell like broccoli or beef.

Don't even have to be Mediterranean, most of my lineage hails from the Baltic-bordering countries/Northern Europe and I can reek as bad as an onion farm when I eat them. Garlic, too.

I stink in general though, my skin bacteria are stout little mofos. Couple them with smelly food, and I can replace fumigation if need be it (that's my husband's joke that I hijacked, it's a good one) No amount of bathing or dietary adjustments, nor antibacterial washing ever completely removes it. Even fresh out of the shower, it's still there. It's kind of a sucktacular card to be dealt as a woman, but I'm honest about being the odorous source & people who understand do deal with it gracefully. Not sure about out of earshot though, lol, I'd like the be the fly on that wall just out of curiosity.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomOrion

The first thing I do when I get home from the beach, is hit the shower to get all that drying salty film off my skin. (ew) And a nice shampoo to wash it all out of my hair. Dried salt water doesn't smell good in the hair. If I let it dry, my hair would look like I have a giant blonde afro.

Showers. Mmmm. And baths. Even better.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I only use soap if I need to cut grease on my hands.
Soap and shampoo cause dry, flaky skin and dandruff issues.
Don't use toothpaste. Just brush with warm water. Never had a cavity.
Never use deodorants. No body odor issues.
Just shower in warm water and scrub down with a towel. It's all I find necessary to stay clean.

Similar here. My skin gets so dry and flaky that the itching is painful.

I rarely have any issues with body odor even when I sweat. It's something that's only come about over the last 6 or 7 years, which makes me suspect it's due to the worsening of my hypothyroidism.

But seriously, the ocean? That water is so polluted and gross in many areas. The sun, or more accurately UV light is an excellent way to get rid of bacteria, fungi and viruses, but not to the extent that you're claiming. I had a UV light filter on my salt water aquarium, but the water was circulated in small amounts up through a tube, into the light, then back into the tank. The sun is a powerhouse, but no way in heck can it purify millions of gallons of salt water, especially when the amounts of impurities being pumped into said water never stops. And UV light is just not effective against all things chemical or biological.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I've got well water, and yep, drink it right from the tap, no problem.
I also shower daily, pretty much at night, as I have to muck the stalls of our horses about every other day (and bring them in).

I scrub up each morning though too (just not a full shower) after feeding the horses and putting them out. (I also wear a different shirt and some shorts in the am when dealing with them, then change for work after washing up).

At night, I change clothes before dealing with the horses (though often the same I had that morning), then come in, shower, and just around the house in underwear and a t-shirt after that. (just me and the wife these days, though I do have pants I can throw on if needed, lol).

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: butcherguy
I drink tap water.

I shower every morning, sometimes twice a day if conditions require it.

Same.

I think the daily showering also is a prime factor in the sex/amount forumla.

Can I assume you allow your "guests" in your basement lab to shower everyday?
I am sorry,but I had to ask this.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

they just get the hose....

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
Can I assume you allow your "guests" in your basement lab to shower everyday?

No, but they do get the hose.

ETA: Hmm, looks like Gazrok still has his live streaming webcam membership.

edit on 6-2-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Bow chicka bow bow....

Nice touch screwing those mattresses to the floor, keeps them from using them to block the cameras.

edit on 6-2-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I wonder if you and Auggie realize that you sound like very,sick puppies!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
In Cape Town we now have 6B water restrictions, which means nobody should use more than 50 liters of water per day.
Day Zero - or when the tap-water is turned off - is predicted between March and May 2018.
Then most citizens will have to collect water at 200 distribution points across the city, which means 20 liters of water per person per day (these will be manned by the police and military).

I only shower at gym now and skip my 3 or 4 off days per week.
In gym there's only two open showers per gender (obviously divided locker-rooms), and only cold water.
There's also a "ping" sound that goes off every 60 seconds, because showers may only be a minute, or less.
Just gives me a chance to wash my hair with anti-dandruff shampoo, a quick scrub of the armpits and nether regions, and you have to be done.
Only hand-sanitizer at the basins (no running water), and gray water to flush the toilets.

We have a massive ocean surrounding us, but the pollution of rivers flowing into the sea is such, that I don't take a dip there often (takes me at least 40 minutes to get to the beach anyway). Even with the desalination projects, there are fears that not all the pollutants and bacteria will be removed from sea-water (now that the projects for desalination plants are finally being built).

But anyway, just my experience in Cape Town - the first global city that will leave 4 million people without running water.
I'm glad you all still have a choice.

(For more see: www.abovetopsecret.com...)
edit on 7-2-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I wonder if you and Auggie realize that you sound like very,sick puppies!

I certainly hope so, it is what I was shooting for....

Seriously though. I have well water, and never have the issues mentioned above. Always clear, no residue or hardness, deposits, etc. And we don't even have a water softener.

The idea of paying for something that literally falls right out of the sky, is just a bit weird to me though.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well in a barrack situation - say everyone washes and one brother stinks ...
He will be washed by force.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I only knew well water for a long time. I guess I can blame all my problems on city water. It coincides.

Skin got all flaky and hair turned blonde at the ends after moving to the city. So I got a shower filter. Remarkable difference.

I went a year without shampoo, it took about 4 months for my grease levels to balance out. (Eventually reverted to more moderate shampoo levels.) But I could barely stand to go 2 days without rinsing. I hate that tacky feeling.

I managed to give up aluminum anti perspirants, which ridded me of a few sensitivities. Then they changed the formula on the only good deodorant I've ever used (Red Spice High Endurance) after 30 years...The new formula is nauseating and doesn't work at all. So now I'm back on the anti perspirant and feeling the effects.. They just can't make this easy.. I'll spend $100 looking for a deodorant half as good as the original Old Spice High Endurance blue stuff.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Firstly, you don't need to shower every day!

You do if you want friends. Yes, you smell repulsive

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join