It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Growth Industry British Private Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

“We have a better surveillance capability and equipment than most forces.”

“It’s about catching the bad guys and protecting the public, and we can help with that.

“Police are on their knees, sick to the teeth with what is going on in their job.

“The bottom line is we have better uniforms, better pay and better support at work. It’s a huge growth industry.’

www.express.co.uk...

Nash also takes issue with the media characterisation of My Local Bobby as a ‘private police force’, pointing out that the bobbies ‘will have the same powers as you and I . . .

www.standard.co.uk...

So not a private police force. Just a private company doing a policing job.

“My concern would be, where is the public scrutiny if it goes wrong? “If they are allowed to go and do police’s job for them, that is a dangerous status quo.”

www.express.co.uk...

I hope AugustusMasonicus sees this. A quip is needed.

Comment in the Express.

The success of a private police force has raised fears that a two-tier system could be created, where only the wealthy will get protection from criminals. Well that is what we have at the moment, if you are a Mason, part of the Masonic Lodge, you are a wealthy person, a company, a professional person then the CRIMINALS IN UNIFORMS (POLICE) will jump and help fellow brothers, but if you peasant then the Criminals in Uniforms are not interested. Wipe out the Masonic Criminal Protecting Criminals in Uniforms, and the only people that this would have a detrimental effect on would be the Wealthy, Businesses and the Masonic Crooks in the Country. The peasants pay for the Criminals in Uniforms but they get no protection, the Criminals in Uniforms will not even record the crimes they report, never mind turning up to investigate anything. The Police in the UK are the largest Criminal Organisation in Europe, and the government is not interested as they get the maximum protection from their Masonic Criminals in Uniforms.

TM Eye own My Local Bobby. TM Eye probably means The Masonic Eye.

They catch fake handbag salesmen and thus the world becomes a better place. For Jimmy Choo and Mulberry.

The case was brought by TM Eye as a private criminal prosecution on behalf of its clients Jimmy Choo, Mulberry and another luxury goods brand.

tm-eye.co.uk...

'My Local Bobby Ltd' is the development of 'TM-Eye Ltd' providing bespoke protective services to residents and businesses in small areas known as micro-beats

mylocalbobby.net...

Micro-beats sound good. Less wear on the boots.

MLB have experienced & trained operatives with SIA licences for monitoring CCTV in a public place.

twitter.com...

Even less wear on the boots.

My Local Bobby looking smart with his MLB work van.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

First comment under this video.

The plot is working beautifully ! Starve the police of funds till the system collapses then privatise it ! Read Letwin's book " privatise the world " !

TM Eye sound like a potentially useful gun for hire.

TM Eye is now believed to bring more private convictions than any other organisation except for the RSPCA, Daily Mail reports.

The company has a service called "My Local Bobby", which costs wealthy homeowners around £200 a month and involves a guard patrolling their streets.

TM Eye are also looking three murder cases that cops were unable to solve and are helping out in rape, missing persons, burglary, theft, stalking and blackmail cases.

www.thesun.co.uk...

My Local Bobby sounds like something that could go very wrong. There's no substitute for sworn constables with public oversight.
edit on 3 2 2018 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 2 2018 by Kester because: shorter title

edit on 3 2 2018 by Kester because: add first quote

edit on 3 2 2018 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The sad part, since they will be under capitalist instead of fascist rules , they will probably be more open and less power hungry

if they try to build a cyborg cop...watch RoboCop to see your future

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Was warned by a senior CID in the UK of this happening.being the outcome of cuts back in 2013 - he certainly wasn't ine to exageratte - he viewed the cuts leading to total private police on streets etc... At the time the police service were hiring ex managers of KFC over police with decades of job experience simply because it was cheaper and they had the word managment in their portfolio.

While I disagree with the newspapers cited as sources as a general rule, I've heard first hand how this is sadly true.

SERCO and the like are recieving £243m+ contracts while police face cuts. Can upload email/letters with MPs and stole a charitable ideato rolve reoffending that enjoyed 90% rate, Cameron renamed it 'Boot Camp for Kids' and was sold to SERCO for the £243 to turrn it into a punishment/militarised bastardisaation of the concept with no consultation or compensation.
edit on 3-2-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

No other news sources covering it.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

These things usually work themselves out. And it usually ends in lawsuits with 7 or 8 zeros. As long as there is no tort reform in awards for terribly stupid things done by the private cops this will work itself out.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What could possibly go wrong?

So will it work something like this: Normal public cops are handcuffed by SWJ and PC rules, unable to venture into 'no go' zones and spend their time filling out sexual harassment quotas. This batch will protect the sheep. Then you have the private force that will be protected by monied interests and not bound by stupid PC rules, because they are a private security detail. They are not there to protect the sheep but the masters.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

In this, and any other common law country, citizens already have power to arrest for any misdemeanor that is a breach of the peace committed in their presence, or any felony they know (read: can prove beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law) was committed.

“My concern would be, where is the public scrutiny if it goes wrong? “If they are allowed to go and do police’s job for them, that is a dangerous status quo.”

Same scrutiny for citizen arrests, however they have no protection of law if it turns out the material facts are inaccurate, even if the arresting citizen didn't know they were inaccurate. You have to be "right" otherwise you *could* face false arrest criminal charges, and civil liability.

If they're being hired to do police work, then they'll likely have protections. Some states in the US, such as S. Carolina already give private security limited police investigatory/detention powers, as opposed to the citizen's power of arrest alone (with the exception of a shop/inn keeper, who can conduct investigatory detention under merchant privilege)
edit on 2/3/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Sounds like typical police state UK to me.

Encryption? Illegal. Security tools? Illegal. Guns? Illegal.

Unless you're a government employee, that is. Sounds like the most "intelligent" society yet........

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I just have this nagging fear that it is coming our way. They are using this as a test platform to iron out the wrinkles and figure out how to implement it without too much resistance.

With the #metoo gaining momentum, there are some really interesting stories coming out through the UK tabloids. One of the stories revealed how one certain police dept was under orders to fill 'sexual harassment' quotas and highlighted this depts suppression of evidence that would have interfered with an arrest.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Expect some tomorrow
- www.toughguy.co.uk can U2U letters from government (43 departments from cameron to Downing Street, Lord Moynihan etc... is 10 years and 57 pages of damning evidence/responses by government).

It was decided to not leak it to the press in the hope they'd see sence - tomorrow the world media decdend on the tough guy race and the whole shebang gets blown public. Been a long 5 years keeping the lid on it.

--

May have misinterpreted but Lancashire and Manchester police have been issuing concerns

www.lep.co.uk...

' The workers, who work for G4S, work as detention officers at custody suites across the county. The force started outsourcing the jobs to the private firm in 2002, following a pilot at cells in Blackpool. Concerns have been raised nationally about the accountability of the private officers, because they cannot be investigated by the Independent Police Complaints Commission, the body responsible for probing public complaints and allegations of wrongdoing within the police.'

Read more at: www.lep.co.uk...

But 100% agree this is something being cometely swept under the rug and isn't recieving anything like the ammount of scrutiny, public debate, media investigations and public oversight urgently required.
edit on 3-2-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

What powers do they actually have though?.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
What could possibly go wrong?

So will it work something like this: Normal public cops are handcuffed by SWJ and PC rules, unable to venture into 'no go' zones and spend their time filling out sexual harassment quotas. This batch will protect the sheep. Then you have the private force that will be protected by monied interests and not bound by stupid PC rules, because they are a private security detail. They are not there to protect the sheep but the masters.

It depends on the part of the country you are living in. Some places, the police do their job and investigate crime - but the underclass just don't give a toss with respect to the courts and never turn up to their hearings. Then there are "special interest groups" who will get priority over established residents by political edict. Even farmers who are land owners have to take second place. In urban areas like cities and towns, the majority of problems are caused by drunks and drug addiction. Giving someone a criminal record simply for being stupid isn't approved of.

Other places, you have residents sick to death of feral youth and set up their own CCTV cameras to prevent property crime. Either the council demands that the CCTV is removed because planning permission wasn't granted, or the police refuse to investigate the crime because the owner "tampered with the evidence when they viewed the video tape".

Given these situations, many would be happy to have a police service that could bypass all the SJW legislation.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Very dangerous precedent. Private security is not bound by the same laws as Public Police forces.

The danger of that was made apparent during the Dakota Pipeline protests in the Sates when the private security force hired by the corporations sicced dogs on the protesters.

Welcome to the world of the future, ruled over by the Corporatocracy.

Kester, are your prisons there privatized yet like they are here in the US?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

That sounds a lot worse than I realized. It almost sounds like they have intentionally created the void that could only be filled by this private police force. The only other answer would be for the citizens who have had enough of this that they finally revolt.

I still say that middle class was an anomaly brought on by cheap energy and we are slowing devolving back to the lord and serf model that has been prevalent throughout most of our known history.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I can only hope such an attempt at installing tyranny would be met with the DOI proscribed remedy.

I thank god every day and count my blessings for the patriots we have in this country. I do not know how many years I have left on this Earth (let us hope for decades!), but I can say I am proud to see how many patriots from the next generations we still have. I am confident my children will still have a Republic to maintain when I am gone

I am thankful to live in a nation where ANYONE with the right attitude, knowledge/skills and dedication can and will succeed.

new topics

top topics

join