It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break down the memo for me. I must be stupid

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Their not going after Carter Page anymore for being a Russian spy

And there's no legal claim against the FISA material as far as I know.

Also...

It’s perfectly legitimate for any kind of warrant for search or phone tap to be based on material from even criminals.

The FBI gets warrants based on all kinds of stuff. Ask any judge.

None of that stuff has to do with the Trump/Mueller case.

Ryan even said that

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I personally believe (amongst other things) we are seeing the karma for JFK's assassination come home to roost.

GUT, I didn't think I could love you any more than I already did, but this comment made it happen!

Virtual hugs & Hi-5's amigo..

edit on FebruarySaturday1802CST02America/Chicago-060039 by FlyInTheOintment because: tags

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

We see what we want to see:

I have a friend who turned to a seat mate who had just sat down and said in his English accent: “Particularly nasty weather? The woman immediately got up and went to the stewardess and complained. She asked to have her seat changed because the gentleman next to her said, “Tickle your arse with a feather?” We see what we want to see and hear what we want to hear.

www.joesugarman.com...

Must be some of those nasty Jedi mind tricks...

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Actually yes there have been claims.

www.nytimes.com...

In a short cover letter dated Thursday but transmitted Friday, the senators wrote, “Based on the information contained therein, we are respectfully referring Mr. Steele to you for investigation of potential violations of 18 U.S.C. § 1001, for statements the Committee has reason to believe Mr. Steele made regarding his distribution of information contained.”

That section of the federal criminal code refers to knowingly making false or misleading statements to federal authorities.

It's ultimately up to the DOJ.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The FISA material is legally fine.

It’s just the distorted one sided interpretation of the GOP memo that claims its something wrong with it.

They have no legal claim against that FISA material

Quick question but maybe I missed an update...

If the FISA courts are secret, how exactly do you know everything was done legally?

Is it you believe its legal, based on your belief that trump is the worst thing since jagermeister.

Or is there actually something out there that proves its legal without it being you know illegal for someone not cleared for the information to read it?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Their not going after Carter Page anymore for being a Russian spy

Also...

It’s perfectly legitimate for any kind of warrant for search or phone tap to be based on material from even criminals.

The FBI gets warrants based on all kinds of stuff. Ask any judge.

None of that stuff has to do with the Trump/Mueller case.

Ryan even said that

What you are missing is that anyone indicted in this investigation is going to find out how every bit of evidence in their case was obtained and what evidence was used to support any warrants. If the evidence used resulted from the evidence gathered via the FISA warrant, then it will be challenged as inadmissible.

Carter Page isn't the only one with a potential legal claim in this matter.

(Of course, all of this is operating from the hypothetical theory that the dossier info w/the Isikoff story was the only probable cause the FISA judge considered in authorizing the warrant and that other warrants were authorized based solely on evidence gleaned from it.)

edit on 2/3/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

As far as I know the memo didn't say the FISA warrant was illegal.

The Republican memo that reportedly accuses the Justice Department of deceit in its effort to wiretap a Trump campaign aide apparently ignores one key detail: It is very hard to get such surveillance warrants. “It’s extremely difficult, and, in fact, the goal [inside the FBI] is to hold yourself to a high enough standard so that you won’t ever get rejected by the court,” said Renato Mariotti, who was a federal prosecutor in Chicago from 2007 to 2016 and is now running for attorney general in Illinois. Here’s how the FBI gets the so-called Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants from the secret court that oversees them:

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I think we have reason to suspect any "other" evidence that was presented for the FISA warrant, in addition to the dossier.

For example, one piece of evidence they relied on heavily in the warrant was news coverage from Yahoo News regarding content in the dossier. This was presented as confirmation from another source that the information in the dossier was true. It turns out that Steele himself went to Yahoo News and gave them all of that information. So, it really all came from the same source, which does not make it a confirming source. They "created" their own corroborating evidence.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Realtruth

As far as I know the memo didn't say the FISA warrant was illegal.

The Republican memo that reportedly accuses the Justice Department of deceit in its effort to wiretap a Trump campaign aide apparently ignores one key detail: It is very hard to get such surveillance warrants. “It’s extremely difficult, and, in fact, the goal [inside the FBI] is to hold yourself to a high enough standard so that you won’t ever get rejected by the court,” said Renato Mariotti, who was a federal prosecutor in Chicago from 2007 to 2016 and is now running for attorney general in Illinois. Here’s how the FBI gets the so-called Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants from the secret court that oversees them:

www.newsweek.com...

No, that would be for a judge to determine.

The memo is just laying out the case.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

If the Nunes memo is accurate, it would mean that Justice Department officials signed off on a flawed request to surveil Carter Page, and also that a judge would have either been deceived by the application or simply approved it blindly. That said, judges rarely deny requests for warrants, approving more than 99 percent, according to The Wall Street Journal. In 33 years the court had rejected only 11 of 33,900 requests. As more scrutiny has come to the court in recent years, there has been an uptick in rejections. Nine requests were rejected in 2016, a record high, although the vast majority of requests were still approved.

source

I'm not a lawyer but Let them go to a court and challenge if they can.

Read this carefully

IF they accuse the DOJ and the FBI of listening to partIsan political evidence for the warrant,

Aren't you doing the same thing by accepting a Memo from a GOP partisan ?!

AGAIN:

Aren't you doing the same thing by accepting a Memo from a GOP partisan ?!
edit on 3-2-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Then why did Trump get on Sessions because he recused himself ?

You folks don't see the obvious; that Trump distorts things only to protect himself, not any issues of justice.

Yet sessions did recuse himself.

Did lynch recuse herself after the tarmac meeting?

Nope.

How is this resposnive to the fact that if people have a problem with bias from nunes, then they should have a problem with the biased agents in the clinton and trump investigations.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I personally believe (amongst other things) we are seeing the karma for JFK's assassination come home to roost.

Now that I can believe...

Sadly, the last 'real' president was gunned down by TPTB after he said this:

It's been prophesied that Trump will become a praying man during his term and this could be the reason why.

...we have not had a real president in the white house since the JFK assassination, with the exception of Ronald Reagan, and they tried to kill him too.

JFK – Our last President?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I think we have reason to suspect any "other" evidence that was presented for the FISA warrant, in addition to the dossier.

For example, one piece of evidence they relied on heavily in the warrant was news coverage from Yahoo News regarding content in the dossier. This was presented as confirmation from another source that the information in the dossier was true. It turns out that Steele himself went to Yahoo News and gave them all of that information. So, it really all came from the same source, which does not make it a confirming source. They "created" their own corroborating evidence.

I was referring to the Yahoo story when I wrote this:

(Of course, all of this is operating from the hypothetical theory that the dossier info w/the Isikoff story was the only probable cause the FISA judge considered in authorizing the warrant and that other warrants were authorized based solely on evidence gleaned from it.)

That story can't even properly be called evidence...it was used as corroboration of evidence (the info in the dossier).

That's what's so bad about it...if an unsourced Yahoo story could be used as evidence for a FISA warrant...my god...

...CAN YOU IMAGINE!

And truthfully, the dossier *corroborated* by the unsourced Yahoo article is not much more palatable!

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Yes, it is actually concerning that Yahoo News was even presented as evidence for a FISA warrant. Considering how corrupt we know MSM to be, MSM itself could be weaponized for warrants.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is listening ONLY to the GOP (Trump ardent supporters) and we have yet to hear the dems side

As I hear, they wouldn’t even let the dems memo come out.

That should tell you something

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

You folks don't see the obvious; that Trump distorts things only to protect himself, not any issues of justice.

Nope.

How is this resposnive to the fact that if people have a problem with bias from nunes, then they should have a problem with the biased agents in the clinton and trump investigations.

She did recuse herself, that’s why Comey took over the decision process

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

This is listening ONLY to the GOP (Trump ardent supporters) and we have yet to hear the dems side

Yes this is true.

The republican memo could be filled with lies.

But again, there are many people saying if the memo is accurate, its still not a big deal.

That is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Again, you have been misinformed.
The Dems tried to push their memo out without even letting the committee see it. When the committee told them it needed to be processed the same as the other memo, through proper procedures, the Dems went running to the cameras saying that they were not "allowed" to release it.

They can certainly release it if it is approved through the normal process.

edit on 2/3/18 by BlueAjah because: grammar

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Nope.

She did recuse herself, that’s why Comey took over the decision process

No she didnt. She refused to.

She instead saiod she would agree with comey recommendation, but ultimately she was the one who decided not to prosecute.

Now we know from the strzok/Page texts that Lynch knew all along that Comey was never going to recommend prosecuting.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Exactly. And I have little doubt that it was in this case.

Send an FBI agent/source to the press to leak some info, have them say they don't want to be named as a source...

*voila*

Corroborative evidence as long as there is no record of the agent/source having followed the FBI policy of "reporting they talked to the press." Which Steele didn't.

The opportunity for abusing the FISA courts is unacceptable.

edit on 2/3/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join