It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break down the memo for me. I must be stupid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

As an American weirdo I will stand behind this response until something is actually brought to the table.. Have a drink and chill a little I'm so tired of this tick tock crap....

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: donnydeevil

Of course the Russians interfered with our elections just as every other country in the world from the Chinese, Britain's, Iranians, you name the country as they all hold an interest in who is elected as leader of the "free" world.

Apparently President Obama knew of the Russian interferen yet chose to remain quiet yet we do not care him with a Special Prosecutor for "not doing nothing". And how do you arrive at that speculative opinion that President has done nothing" to stop Russian interference in our election ?

Certainly not something which would be publicized. Well we are going to do X...kinda lets everyone know how we would stop it and they would simply change tactics, so a very stupid statement.

Considering how many elections we have interfered with over the years, and why anyone believes that this is the first time anyone has interfered in our elections is beyond me. And since a DNA candidate interfered in their own parties nomination process, why does it upset you so that Russian's did so...oh that's right, because your candidate lost.

The DNC chose the wrong person and she lost...and now you want to cry over something that has been going on for generations so choose better candidates or lose again

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The basic idea of the Trump sycophants is that the FBI gave a judge Hillary induced information to spy on that geek, Carter Page is ridiculous.

They weren’t investigating Trump just some guy working for his election who they were checking out long before the election

Also, the FBI gets information to get warrants from drug dealers and criminals all the time. The information doesn't have to come from saints.

Its a distraction that doesn't even make sense since the FBI was going after Carer Page not Trump.

Trump, the great hypocrite, is complaining yet he wanted to fire Sessions because he recused himself on the Trump investigation yet Trump is bringing this up!

Cant you people see through this hypocrite

Your not looking

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So if there is “nothing” leading to “anything” in subject House Intel Republican memo, why were Democrats who read it (along with the FBI) screaming bloody hellfire to keep it from us?

There is more there than you think, especially if you are a US citizen entitiled to protections under the US. Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

While I identify as an Independent, to me this is a clear example of the Republicans trying to ensure 4th Amendment protections for ALL citizens, while the Democrats continue their party line of the government must control everyone’s lives...

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Wow.

So many in this thread have forgotten what the US is. This is not a country where the government should be permitted to wire tap people without proven evidence.

The Constitution and the Fourth Amendment is supposed to protect us from that. Our forefathers knew what it was like to live under a King that abused his power to use his powerful means to crush his enemies. They came to America to get away from that. The Constitution is defined to prohibit that kind of abuse of power.

Yet, so many here have no problem with making excuses for this kind of abuse of power.

Hard for us citizens to know what can be done anymore with all of the changes.

Bush Patriot Act

www.aclu.org...

The government no longer has to show evidence that the subjects of search orders are an "agent of a foreign power," a requirement that previously protected Americans against abuse of this authority. The FBI does not even have to show a reasonable suspicion that the records are related to criminal activity, much less the requirement for "probable cause" that is listed in the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution. All the government needs to do is make the broad assertion that the request is related to an ongoing terrorism or foreign intelligence investigation.

Obama Signs New Law – Incarcerate US citizens without warrant, due process, trial

www.beliefnet.com... zqYDvDA85FSc1.99

link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

I'm happy you identify as an independent most identify other ways these days.. thanks for that.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Grambler

Yep exactly. He has no problem with the fact that the memo says the dossier was the essential part of getting the warrant.

That lets you know exactly where he and others like him are coming from.

They have no problem with the fbi using dossier paid for by hillarys team to spy on trump.

Truly disturbing.

When I google the definition for 'essential,' I find this:

Essential (adjective): absolutely necessary; extremely important

I feel like Nunes played a dirty trick using that word. Was it absolutely necessary or extremely important? It makes a difference.

I think the motive behind the memo is not what we are supposed to believe it is.

Some will read "essential" as "absolutely necessary" and others will read it as *cough* merely "extremely important."

You are correct. The use of the term is a matter of interpretation and it leaves just enough room for plausible deniability.

Regardless, I think you would agree that this memo proves nothing and offers nothing in the form of real evidence.

Records include all books, papers, maps, photographs, machine-readable materials, or other documentary materials, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made or received by an agency of the United States Government under Federal law or in connection with the transaction of public business and preserved or appropriate for preservation by that agency or its legitimate successor as evidence of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, operations, or other activities of the Government or because of the informational value of the data in them
Link

So, technically, I think the memo is real evidence.

However, it is uncorroborated so it's of little value TO ME -- because I don't automatically trust Nunes or anyone in Congress.

Likewise, I don't trust the FBI when they write down on their Form 302s that an interviewee said something (or didn't say something). And, yet, that Form 302 serves as the official record of statements made to the FBI in a court of law. There's no electronic recording to corroborate those written, paraphrased, interpreted, filtered through bias records either.

So...the memo is about as good as the FBI's form 302 that's used as evidence to indict and prove someone made false statements to the FBI.

edit on 2/3/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Grambler

Thanks for the link.

IMO the memo doesn't seem like much of anything. It basically looks like his notes.

His "notes" point out how government agencies subverted legal standards and protocols.

But your right, no big deal

sigh...

Sorry, I don't see that in his notes. Even if he made the claim I will wait until the end of the investigation to see the findings.

This memo is the conclusion of, or at least a summary so far, of HIS investigation. He's the guy. He's the one reviewing the subpoenaed evidence. This IS the outcome of the investigation.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: underwerks

No I am fighting to end corruption from any agency; you are fighting to allow the corruption to continue as long as its used against people you dont like.

Which politicians told you you're fighting against corruption, again?

Just for clarification.

Eventually you'll see what you wrote there is backwards, and that's by design. Hopefully by then it won't be too late. For all of us.

I dont need any politician to tell me what to do.

If trump is guilty, he should still be arrested, regardless of rather or not the fbu behaved imporperly.

However, I will not turn a blind eye to the fbi acting out of bias against trump, and using a dossier paid for by his opponent to spy on people that were in his team.

Corruption at the fbi is far more dangerous to the country than anything trump could have done with russia.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Wow.

So many in this thread have forgotten what the US is. This is not a country where the government should be permitted to wire tap people without proven evidence.

The Constitution and the Fourth Amendment is supposed to protect us from that. Our forefathers knew what it was like to live under a King that abused his power to use his powerful means to crush his enemies. They came to America to get away from that. The Constitution is defined to prohibit that kind of abuse of power.

Yet, so many here have no problem with making excuses for this kind of abuse of power.

The problem with your argument is that Trump IS NOT doing this based on any constitutional issue but based on his own self-serving problems.

Also, the police all the time wire tap on suspicion, or possibilities. Evidence comes in a trial.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
‘What I’m smelling here is fear’: Ex-FBI counter-intel director claims Nunes memo release shows White House desperation

the former Assistant Director for Counterintelligence at the FBI said the widely derided memo issued by Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) on Friday looks like a desperate attempt to derail special counsel Robert Mueller out of fear of where his investigation is going.

What does that tell us about the underlying affidavit on Carter Page? That there were signals intelligence inside that affidavit.
That signals intelligence is most often used against a foreign intelligence service somewhere else.”

www.rawstory.com...

Like I keep saying, SigIntel gave the "dossier" weight, then of course you had Papadumbson shooting off his mouth to the Aussies, who alerted US IC who had previously been given actionable intercepts from the Five Eyes partners.

So Papadumbson + Dossier+ SIGINTEL all pointed in the same direction of foreign corruption in our election process.

K~

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Well here is an ex FBi person saying that if what the memo says is true, that it is an outrage for the FBI.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Should it come from the Russians FSR? That is where Steele got the information for his dossier on Trump. An FBI investigation based on information from an ex British spy who gathered his information from a Russian spy.

Makes perfect sense to me...investigate someone for colluding with Russian while paying for information on that person from a foreign spy who got his information from another foreign spy. So glad we have an FBI , they can't investigate anything because they are texting one another every 60 seconds, so no time...just buy an investigation from the Russian FSR.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I bet this kind of information would be considered "smoking gun" material if it were against Trump. Hell, apparently a meeting with a Russian lawyer was the smoking gun.. A book based on opinions was the smoking gun..

Here we have clear evidence of REAL collusion but it seems to me people are willing to overlook the implications because ...?

Oh that's right, because Trump.

Carry on.

Exactly, and they are unwilling to admit that fact.

Sad.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It’s just a memorandum, which is sort of like a note or reminder for future reference. It makes many claims, but without the FISA warrants, applications, or whatever they are, we haven’t seen all the evidence. If I were you I would withhold judgement.

This is true.

I have no problem with people saying we dont have access to the intel, so we dont know if the memo is true.

What is troubling is the people saying that the claims the memo makes are not troubling at all, which we see maany people doing.

This means that even if the intel is released and proves everything the memo said, there will still be many people taht feel that it was perfectly ok for the FBI to do all of these things.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Vector99

Yep, always good to quote before they edit.

Honestly, there are very few people on this site who criticise Government wrong doing without a partisan bias and playground name calling.

I take it you can't point out the evidence within the memo either?

You're just being pedantic. The memo was written around facts. This is confirmed by pretty much everyone in DC.

Us peons aren't privy to the background evidence yet but I've seen enough confirmation to know that it's legit.

How many times do you want to ask fruitless questions to deflect from what has actually happened here?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
No the memo is not the smoking gun, I have no doubt they are still trying to figure out what they can freely admit without risking little things like a revolution.

What the memo does, is throw reasonable doubt on the validity of the investigation, and until the improper actions are addressed I doubt the investigation will be concluded to anyone's satisfaction.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Let me ask, is it an outrage if Donald trump Jr. tried to buy dirt on Hillary Clinton from a Russian agent?

If yes, then why is it ok for Hillary and the (D) to do that exact thing?

Steele never went to Russia, he PAID Russians for information on Trump!

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

.......... and hold those accountable who have abused their positions.

Go on then, name the names

All this pussyfooting is getting on me noives.
edit on 3-2-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing's

It's not so much what was in the memo, as the deliberated rabble rousing that produced oceans of seething, fabricated outrage before the memo. What it says is irrelevant. It's political theatre directed at the public, as much as for the public. The public will demand actions that will, in the end, take away their civil liberties. We've seen it before.

They'll try to use it to build as much public outrage as possible to justify jailing (although I'm sure they'll be happy with just further discrediting) their enemies, and clamping down as much as possible on the media. It's Goebbels style, Big Lie propaganda. Period.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join