It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break down the memo for me. I must be stupid

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Thanks for the link.

IMO the memo doesn't seem like much of anything. It basically looks like his notes.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Vector99

a reply to: amazing

It's a government document from an investigative committee of congress. It highlights abuses of federal agencies and specifies the individuals involved.

There needs to be a special prosecutor involved in this.

It's a piece of propaganda. It's worth as much as the paper you use to wipe your ass.

This mindset amazes me. It isn't propaganda. It is a legal document released from an investigative committee of congress. The damn thing had to be declassified!

This ISN'T a hit-piece work of journalism, it's a document of the HIC review of subpoenaed evidence received and reviewed from the FBI and DOJ.

It shouldn't surprise you. You should know what propaganda looks like by now.

I do, and this isn't propaganda. It's a legal document.

It blows my mind how you don't understand the difference.

It's not a legal document as far as I know. It's a memo, devoid of any referenced evidence, even though it is unredacted.

Are you serious?

Did you miss the classified/unclassified stamps on it?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

No I am fighting to end corruption from any agency; you are fighting to allow the corruption to continue as long as its used against people you dont like.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It's a government document from an investigative committee of congress. It highlights abuses of federal agencies and specifies the individuals involved.

It's a piece of propaganda. It's worth as much as the paper you use to wipe your ass.

This mindset amazes me. It isn't propaganda. It is a legal document released from an investigative committee of congress. The damn thing had to be declassified!

This ISN'T a hit-piece work of journalism, it's a document of the HIC review of subpoenaed evidence received and reviewed from the FBI and DOJ.

It's not a legal document as far as I know. It's a memo, devoid of any referenced evidence, even though it is unredacted.

Are you serious?

That does not mean it was a legal document.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Yeah, it's just a speculative memo written by one guy that contains nothing much of anything but one guy's opinion.

We need to see evidence. Not opinions.

But we won't see that evidence while it's all still under investigation.

Until then, all this drama is just smoke-screening by both sides.

You people are delusional. The fbi verified everything in the memo was factual. I don’t care if Nunes is the most partisan person on the planet facts are facts.

Yes there probably is more to the story, but there is no way using this garbage dossier paid for by Hillary should have been used to get a fisa warrant, and McCabe verified there would not have been a warrant without it.

No matter your bias unverified documents should not be used as evidence to spy on people.
edit on 3-2-2018 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yep exactly. He has no problem with the fact that the memo says the dossier was the essential part of getting the warrant.

That lets you know exactly where he and others like him are coming from.

They have no problem with the fbi using dossier paid for by hillarys team to spy on trump.

Truly disturbing.

When I google the definition for 'essential,' I find this:

Essential (adjective): absolutely necessary; extremely important

I feel like Nunes played a dirty trick using that word. Was it absolutely necessary or extremely important? It makes a difference.

I think the motive behind the memo is not what we are supposed to believe it is.

Some will read "essential" as "absolutely necessary" and others will read it as *cough* merely "extremely important."

link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Thanks for the link.

IMO the memo doesn't seem like much of anything. It basically looks like his notes.

His "notes" point out how government agencies subverted legal standards and protocols.

But your right, no big deal

sigh...

link   

No I am fighting to end corruption from any agency; you are fighting to allow the corruption to continue as long as its used against people you dont like.

Which politicians told you you're fighting against corruption, again?

Just for clarification.

Eventually you'll see what you wrote there is backwards, and that's by design. Hopefully by then it won't be too late. For all of us.
edit on 3-2-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Vector99

Yep, always good to quote before they edit.

Honestly, there are very few people on this site who criticise Government wrong doing without a partisan bias and playground name calling.

I take it you can't point out the evidence within the memo either?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Are you serious?

yes...it does.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wow.

So many in this thread have forgotten what the US is. This is not a country where the government should be permitted to wire tap people without proven evidence.

The Constitution and the Fourth Amendment is supposed to protect us from that. Our forefathers knew what it was like to live under a King that abused his power to use his powerful means to crush his enemies. They came to America to get away from that. The Constitution is defined to prohibit that kind of abuse of power.

Yet, so many here have no problem with making excuses for this kind of abuse of power.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Yep exactly. He has no problem with the fact that the memo says the dossier was the essential part of getting the warrant.

That lets you know exactly where he and others like him are coming from.

They have no problem with the fbi using dossier paid for by hillarys team to spy on trump.

Truly disturbing.

When I google the definition for 'essential,' I find this:

Essential (adjective): absolutely necessary; extremely important

I feel like Nunes played a dirty trick using that word. Was it absolutely necessary or extremely important? It makes a difference.

I think the motive behind the memo is not what we are supposed to believe it is.

Some will read "essential" as "absolutely necessary" and others will read it as *cough* merely "extremely important."

You are correct. The use of the term is a matter of interpretation and it leaves just enough room for plausible deniability.

Regardless, I think you would agree that this memo proves nothing and offers nothing in the form of real evidence.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Are you serious?

yes...it does.

No. It does not.

Documents can be classified for many purposes, even though they are not legal documents.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The memo is a summary of just SOME of the information collected by the Intelligence Committee after a year of investigation and interviews. Have no doubts that they have evidence to back that up. It was hard enough to get this summary unclassified. I am sure there is much in the evidence that would be considered classified. But that does not mean that the IG and AG and DOJ should not investigate this further and hold those accountable who have abused their positions.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Thanks for the link.

His "notes" point out how government agencies subverted legal standards and protocols.

But your right, no big deal

sigh...

Sorry, I don't see that in his notes. Even if he made the claim I will wait until the end of the investigation to see the findings.

link   
It’s just a memorandum, which is sort of like a note or reminder for future reference. It makes many claims, but without the FISA warrants, applications, or whatever they are, we haven’t seen all the evidence. If I were you I would withhold judgement.

link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The memo is a summary of just SOME of the information collected by the Intelligence Committee after a year of investigation and interviews. Have no doubts that they have evidence to back that up. It was hard enough to get this summary unclassified. I am sure there is much in the evidence that would be considered classified. But that does not mean that the IG and AG and DOJ should not investigate this further and hold those accountable who have abused their positions.

Ok. That could very well be true, but only shows that I was correct. The memo proves nothing.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It’s just a memorandum, which is sort of like a note or reminder for future reference. It makes many claims, but without the FISA warrants, applications, or whatever they are, we haven’t seen all the evidence. If I were you I would withhold judgement.

I completely agree.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Are you up for it? Those clowns at MemosuRuS would be no use.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

None of them did. Unlike you, he has a mind of his own.

Disclaimer: This post is just my opinion based on reading a myriad of Gramblers posts. I do not speak for Grambler.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join