It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break down the memo for me. I must be stupid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Bottom line, Trump’s own selections for serious positions condemned this memo and said it’s a distortion of reality.

YOU ALL are being used an pawns in Trump’s attempt to cover something up.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

What are you talking about?

That article is from the most astute political predictor around, 538.

Everyone knows Comey gave Trump the election

Trump is just a greedy pig and like a child wants everything

No they don't. The majority of American patriots don't give a single sh!t what Comey said or did. They had made their minds up long before that.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If there was nothing to this memo, why was McCabe forced to step down within hours of Wray reading the memo?

This is just the beginning.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
You mean his political bias that may have influenced his writing of the document? The document that was used by the FBI to obtain a FISA warrant?

It kind of matters if you care about laws and stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Bottom line, Trump’s own selections for serious positions condemned this memo and said it’s a distortion of reality.

YOU ALL are being used an pawns in Trump’s attempt to cover something up.

Source please, because I think you are making things up to distort your own reality.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

So now a memo from the HIC Chairman released to the public showing abuses of power at the FBI, and likely criminal activity, is worth less than toilet paper?

Yes. Even less that the cheap kind you kind in porto-potties.

I'm one thousand percent certain you'd say the same thing if a Democrat was the chairman. Sure.....

I'm not basing it in on the party affiliation of the people that released it. It's based on it's content.

I just don't understand ATS. We all have conspiracy thinking tendencies and I think that's why we are all here.

I'm here for discussion and good conspiracies. Which I have not seen one in years around here.

Good ole ATS is now the home of the brainwashed.

And when the Left of you ridicule probably the biggest release of government transparency on an honest to God conspiracy you retreat back to your political parties.

What does party have to do with obvious propaganda?

It really ruins so many of your credibly crafted personas on this site after behaving this way.

Anyone that disagrees with the Right wing narratives have no credibility on this site anyway, not that it matters in the slightest.

I lost a lot of respect for many of you. Not because you don't believe it, but because you are failing to even entertain it, which is the core of a someone conspiracy-minded.

In the same vein, I lost respect for the conspiracy community.

People used to be skeptical and not afraid to call-out anyone, regardless of party.

Now it seems the Right Wing has taken over this site and become brainwashed.

For a site that used to denounce the brainwashed crying "Hope and Change", they seem to embrace the indoctrination of "MAGA".
edit on 3-2-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: amazing

It's a government document from an investigative committee of congress. It highlights abuses of federal agencies and specifies the individuals involved.

There needs to be a special prosecutor involved in this.

It's a piece of propaganda. It's worth as much as the paper you use to wipe your ass.

This mindset amazes me. It isn't propaganda. It is a legal document released from an investigative committee of congress. The damn thing had to be declassified!

This ISN'T a hit-piece work of journalism, it's a document of the HIC review of subpoenaed evidence received and reviewed from the FBI and DOJ.

It shouldn't surprise you. You should know what propaganda looks like by now.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: amazing
Can someone break down the memo controversy for me? I must be stupid. I don't get it.

Right now it appears to me to be two things.

1. Nothing. Kinda like all the Benghazi stuff. Needs to be talked about. Some serious issues but ultimately, no one gets arrested nothing changes, no one goes down, everyone gets re elected. Use ATS as your guide and search how many times Hillary was going to be arrested, Obama was going to be impeached or Trump was going to be impeached and ...yet that was all nothingness.
2. It's about Transparency in government and people don't want transparancy in our government. They want to our white house and congress to operate secretly, so that they can continue to drain the American taxpayer of money and credibility. Because most people don't mind white collar criminals leading our country and they all want the status quo and until real hardship hits us personally they don't care what happens and they'd'd rather live with Their heads in the sand.

3. Is there something about this memo that is groundbreaking or serious that I'm missing?

It's a piece of propaganda that swerves n purpose, as far as I can tell, except to setup for some sort of damage control.

Something may be coming soon that causes some shock waves and this propaganda will help set the narrative for others to follow. In fact, it already has. Many here are already parroting the talking points that came out after the memo release.

One of them being that Steele's bias was not revealed to the FISA courts, which is completely irrelevant to whether or not a warrant is granted.

Is this the mudpit?

Wide-Eyes double checks

Yes it is!

YOU are a piece of propaganda!

Excellent rebuttal. I bow to superior debate skills.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You mean his political bias that may have influenced his writing of the document? The document that was used by the FBI to obtain a FISA warrant?

Has that been proven? The memo does not prove that. It only implies that it played an "essential" role.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It's a government document from an investigative committee of congress. It highlights abuses of federal agencies and specifies the individuals involved.

It's a piece of propaganda. It's worth as much as the paper you use to wipe your ass.

This mindset amazes me. It isn't propaganda. It is a legal document released from an investigative committee of congress. The damn thing had to be declassified!

This ISN'T a hit-piece work of journalism, it's a document of the HIC review of subpoenaed evidence received and reviewed from the FBI and DOJ.

I do, and this isn't propaganda. It's a legal document.

It blows my mind how you don't understand the difference.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Has that been proven? The memo does not prove that. It only implies that it played an "essential" role.

Wow. Quoted because I want people to see you say that twice.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I do, and this isn't propaganda. It's a legal document.

It blows my mind how you don't understand the difference.

It's not a legal document as far as I know. It's a memo, devoid of any referenced evidence, even though it is unredacted.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Third times a charm.

The memo does not prove anything.

Can you tell me what evidence it discloses?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: amazing
Can someone break down the memo controversy for me? I must be stupid. I don't get it.

Right now it appears to me to be two things.

1. Nothing. Kinda like all the Benghazi stuff. Needs to be talked about. Some serious issues but ultimately, no one gets arrested nothing changes, no one goes down, everyone gets re elected. Use ATS as your guide and search how many times Hillary was going to be arrested, Obama was going to be impeached or Trump was going to be impeached and ...yet that was all nothingness.
2. It's about Transparency in government and people don't want transparancy in our government. They want to our white house and congress to operate secretly, so that they can continue to drain the American taxpayer of money and credibility. Because most people don't mind white collar criminals leading our country and they all want the status quo and until real hardship hits us personally they don't care what happens and they'd'd rather live with Their heads in the sand.

3. Is there something about this memo that is groundbreaking or serious that I'm missing?

The memo outlines the process that was used to obtain an interception FISA warrant on the Trump campaign. It explains that:

1.the "dossier",written by Chris Steele, was a central element in obtaining the warrant from the court. Note that following THREE subpoenas from Congress, the FBI was unable to substantiate ANY of it. The FBI also failed to disclose to the court that they knew the source of the dossier was paid by the Clinton campaign. Failure to disclose such information to the court is illegal and criminal.

2. The only "corroborating" evidence listed in the FISA application is a yahoo news article, whose "source" also turned out to be Steele. Circular corroboration is no corroboration at all. Again, failure to disclose to the court is a second instance of criminal activities.

3. The memo 's facts are tangible proof that the only reason for the interceptions, renewed 3 times on this KNOWN false information repeated on three instances to the court whre the FBI KNOWINGLY failed to disclose to the court the source of the dossier funding (more criminal activity) is illegal spying on political opponents ( still more criminal activity)

No one can lie to the courts and/or knowingly fail to disclose information to the court. That is perjury and is illegal.
No one can use false or incomplete information to lie to the court in order to spy on political oppoents.

This is far worse than Watergate

Much more helpful than a "you are stupid can't help"

If the courts and judges are corrupt enough does it matter what is found out I wonder? Every level is corrupt.

FBI corrupt mafia gets away with weapons selling, drug running, human trafficking and maybe alien hybrid slave asset creators.

CIA and the rest power hungry groups who have their own agenda and the only real attachment to a Government is taxpayer money.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Has the memo been released so we the people can see it?

Sorry, I don't watch TV.

If it has been released will someone link it? If it hasn't been released I don't understand why so many people here claim to know what is in it.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Thank you for the reply! I will check it out, I'm really afraid I can't understand it, that's why I come here read link after link, def not looking good for the dems but honestly I don't see anything really damning?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yep exactly. He has no problem with the fact that the memo says the dossier was the essential part of getting the warrant.

That lets you know exactly where he and others like him are coming from.

They have no problem with the fbi using dossier paid for by hillarys team to spy on trump.

Truly disturbing.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Has the memo been released so we the people can see it?

Sorry, I don't watch TV.

If it has been released will someone link it? If it hasn't been released I don't understand why so many people here claim to know what is in it.

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This means that the fbi should have have almost fully verified the dossier before the would been consider using it for spying on people who were in trumps campaign.

According to who? You? Your standard of how things should work? I'm sure the government will take that into consideration..

Trump can now spy on any opponent based only on unverified rumors.

Is that really the world you want?

That's the world we live in regardless of what I want. And regardless of what you want, or say on the internet. If you believe Trump won't use the same intelligence apparatus to spy on his opponents you really are living in the dark.

Don't be naive.

Why do you think we're seeing an open assault against our intelligence services by one political party? What do you think the end game is?

I'll help you out with that: to populate all federal agencies with people beholden to the presidents wishes, effectively nullifying checks and balances. The end of what little democracy is left.

That's the end game here.

That's what you're fighting for by promoting dubious information like the memo which comes with no evidence or sources, and requires a person to just believe what a politician tells them about it.

Yeah, I'll pass.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yep, always good to quote before they edit.

Honestly, there are very few people on this site who criticise Government wrong doing without a partisan bias and playground name calling.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join