It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break down the memo for me. I must be stupid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: amazing

It's a government document from an investigative committee of congress. It highlights abuses of federal agencies and specifies the individuals involved.

There needs to be a special prosecutor involved in this.

It's a piece of propaganda. It's worth as much as the paper you use to wipe your ass.

I am sorry, are you discussing the steele dossier?

Funny, I dont recall you calling out that propaganda.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Don't be confused by the media spin. It's really simple, the FBI was politically bias in their handling of the Russia thing. The FBI is supposed to be neutral but they weren't and now they are butt hurt for being called out on it because they just lost all credibility they had left.

There isn't any reason to get confused just like the Lynch airplane meeting. She broke the law. Hillary broke the law with her classified emails on a private server. Huma broke the law with the handling of those emails. Eric holder and all of those other scumbags broke the law with the evidence out there and confirmed yet nothing is going to be done about it. The list goes on and on, it would take too long to list. Bush and his whole crew are all guilty too. A lot of conservatives realized this eventually turned on them. Hopefully democrats will do the same and wake up to their corruption as well (doubt it though). So many people died and had their lives ruined based on the lies of the Bush administration and not one person got in trouble for that and the whole earth knows the Bush administration lied to get into war.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Can someone break down the memo controversy for me? I must be stupid. I don't get it.

The significance of the Memo, is that it is an "official statement" coming from the government itself, concerning the nefarious ways the government goes about investigating things.

That's it.

Normally, the government "denies" they do anything wrong, even though the people know they do.

That's all it is.

But, it's about who can you trust.

Trump says, don't trust the FBI. If the FBI says they find any connection between me and Russia, don't believe them.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here's what I don't understand myself.

The DNC and all the top brass from the Democrats are saying contradictory statements, some are saying the "Memo" is nothing, some are saying "We handed Putin a bouquet", and others are resigning.

If this information is nothing then why all the fuss?

Actions speak louder than words, so I'm watching people's reactions and actions in this chaotic time.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The memo outlines criminal activity in failing to disclose information to the court.

You cannot use a Clinton campaing document to spy on opponents as I detailed above.

Deny Ignorance.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It's a government document from an investigative committee of congress. It highlights abuses of federal agencies and specifies the individuals involved.

It's a piece of propaganda. It's worth as much as the paper you use to wipe your ass.

So now a memo from the HIC Chairman released to the public showing abuses of power at the FBI, and likely criminal activity, is worth less than toilet paper?

I'm one thousand percent certain you'd say the same thing if a Democrat was the chairman. Sure.....

I just don't understand ATS. We all have conspiracy thinking tendencies and I think that's why we are all here.

And when the Left of you ridicule probably the biggest release of government transparency on an honest to God conspiracy you retreat back to your political parties.

It really ruins so many of your credibly crafted personas on this site after behaving this way.

I lost a lot of respect for many of you. Not because you don't believe it, but because you are failing to even entertain it, which is the core of a someone conspiracy-minded.

Fakes

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: underwerks
The memo isn't what everyone played it up to be, at all. The funniest part is that if true, it shows that the investigation started with Papadopoulos, not the FISA warrant. Despite all the coverage of the FISA warrant in the memo and everyone here screaming about it.

But hey, it's fun to watch. And I think that's the whole point.

as i have shown, even if the papdopalous situation started the investigation, that is a ridiciulous in its own right.

But aside from that, so even if the memo is true, you dont care because the invetsigation started in other areas?

So you have no problem with the FBI using oppo research they knew was minimally veirifed and paid for by hillarys team being used to spy on hillarys opponent, and then the fbi not telling the court that Hillarys team paid for it?

That is truly disturbing.

Why would anything be verified when starting surveillance? That flys in the face of how investigations work. Including the basic concept of investigations.

I have to ask, what in the world would make you assume there has to be hard evidence for someone (anyone) to be put under surveillance? That's not how it works, nor has it ever worked that way. From federal courts down.

A lot of your outrage seems to be based on misunderstanding certain facts of how our government operates.
edit on 3-2-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Sure, its easy. It’s a distortion. Trump lives on distortions.

It's tainted meat for his base.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

They have to downplay it otherwise it destroys what little (if any) of their narrative they have left. They have literally nothing left to hang on, so they hang onto their deniability so they don't have to confront the harsh truth.

At this point, they are only fooling themselves.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

The memo isn't what everyone played it up to be, at all. The funniest part is that if true, it shows that the investigation started with Papadopoulos, not the FISA warrant. Despite all the coverage of the FISA warrant in the memo and everyone here screaming about it.

But hey, it's fun to watch. And I think that's the whole point.

as i have shown, even if the papdopalous situation started the investigation, that is a ridiciulous in its own right.

But aside from that, so even if the memo is true, you dont care because the invetsigation started in other areas?

So you have no problem with the FBI using oppo research they knew was minimally veirifed and paid for by hillarys team being used to spy on hillarys opponent, and then the fbi not telling the court that Hillarys team paid for it?

That is truly disturbing.

Why would anything be verified when starting surveillance? That flys in the face of how investigations work. Including the basic concept of investigations.

I have to ask, what in the world would make you assume there has to be hard evidence for someone (anyone) to be put under surveillance? That's not how it works, nor has it ever worked that way. From federal courts down.

A lot of your outrage seems to be based on misunderstanding certain facts of how our government operates.

I am not misunderstanding.

The threshold for using fisa warrants to spy on american citizens is very high.

That threshold should have too be even much higher when its a candidate for president being spied on based off of claims made in a paid for dossier by the opposition.

This means that the fbi should have have almost fully verified the dossier before the would been consider using it for spying on people who were in trumps campaign.

Think of what you are suggesting.

Trump can now spy on any opponent based only on unverified rumors.

Is that really the world you want?

link   

This mindset amazes me. It isn't propaganda. It is a legal document released from an investigative committee of congress. The damn thing had to be declassified!

This ISN'T a hit-piece work of journalism, it's a document of the HIC review of subpoenaed evidence received and reviewed from the FBI and DOJ.

link   
People here are saying, very ignorantly, the FBI was biased. Indeed they were, biased for Trump.

The letter by Comey that Hillary was still under investigation won Trump the election.

The Comey Letter Probably Cost Clinton The Election

Hillary Clinton would probably be president if FBI Director James Comey had not sent a letter to Congress on Oct. 28. The letter, which said the FBI had “learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation” into the private email server that Clinton used as secretary of state, upended the news cycle and soon halved Clinton’s lead in the polls, imperiling her position in the Electoral College.

fivethirtyeight.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Can someone break down the memo controversy for me? I must be stupid. I don't get it.

Right now it appears to me to be two things.

1. Nothing. Kinda like all the Benghazi stuff. Needs to be talked about. Some serious issues but ultimately, no one gets arrested nothing changes, no one goes down, everyone gets re elected. Use ATS as your guide and search how many times Hillary was going to be arrested, Obama was going to be impeached or Trump was going to be impeached and ...yet that was all nothingness.
2. It's about Transparency in government and people don't want transparancy in our government. They want to our white house and congress to operate secretly, so that they can continue to drain the American taxpayer of money and credibility. Because most people don't mind white collar criminals leading our country and they all want the status quo and until real hardship hits us personally they don't care what happens and they'd'd rather live with Their heads in the sand.

3. Is there something about this memo that is groundbreaking or serious that I'm missing?

It's a piece of propaganda that swerves n purpose, as far as I can tell, except to setup for some sort of damage control.

Something may be coming soon that causes some shock waves and this propaganda will help set the narrative for others to follow. In fact, it already has. Many here are already parroting the talking points that came out after the memo release.

One of them being that Steele's bias was not revealed to the FISA courts, which is completely irrelevant to whether or not a warrant is granted.

Is this the mudpit?

Wide-Eyes double checks

Yes it is!

YOU are a piece of propaganda!

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

They keep pushing the "dossier" distraction & that's all it is a BS talking point simple enough for cult45'rs to comprehend.

The "dossier " was taken seriously because it was corroborating what was being picked up in SIGINTEL by the Five Eyes Partners that regularly monitor hostile foreign actors such as Russian oligarch scum sucking criminals.

The Dossier & the Memo are merely to muddy the waters against the investigation that will show both trump & major figures in the Republican party have been on Putins payroll.

K~

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

This mindset amazes me. It isn't propaganda. It is a legal document released from an investigative committee of congress. The damn thing had to be declassified!

This ISN'T a hit-piece work of journalism, it's a document of the HIC review of subpoenaed evidence received and reviewed from the FBI and DOJ.

Then why all the officials are horrified INCLUDING THE GUY TRUMP PUT FOR THE HEAD OF THE FBI

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. clashed publicly with President Trump for the first time on Wednesday, condemning a push by House Republicans to release a secret memo that purports to show how the bureau and the Justice Department abused their authority to obtain a warrant to spy on a former Trump campaign adviser. “The F.B.I. was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it,” the bureau said in a statement, referring to the House Intelligence Committee. “As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”

source

You folks aren’t logical

Trump’s playing you’ll like a broken fiddle

edit on 3-2-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

LOL! You really believe that? Hillary had the worst campaign strategy I've ever seen. After all of her years in politics she somehow didn't realise that the majority vote means nothing in the US. Did no one tell her about the electoral college?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Then why all the officials are horrified INCLUDING THE GUY TRUMP PUT FOR THE HEAD OF THE FBI

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. clashed publicly with President Trump for the first time on Wednesday, condemning a push by House Republicans to release a secret memo that purports to show how the bureau and the Justice Department abused their authority to obtain a warrant to spy on a former Trump campaign adviser. “The F.B.I. was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it,” the bureau said in a statement, referring to the House Intelligence Committee. “As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”

source

You folks aren’t logical

Trump’s playing you’ll like a broken fiddle

Can you edit and try again, this makes zero sense.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

you’ll

You will.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

What are you talking about?

That article is from the most astute political predictor around, 538.

Everyone knows Comey gave Trump the election

Trump is just a greedy pig and like a child wants everything

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: introvert

The memo outlines criminal activity in failing to disclose information to the court.

You cannot use a Clinton campaing document to spy on opponents as I detailed above.

Deny Ignorance.

Are you referring to them failing to disclose Steele's political bias?

If so, why does that matter? Warrants are not granted on the basis on one's political bias. They are granted on potential evidences that may have been corroborated.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join