It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break down the memo for me. I must be stupid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Can someone break down the memo controversy for me? I must be stupid. I don't get it.

3. Is there something about this memo that is groundbreaking or serious that I'm missing?

Nope! But, it's only a restricted memo, produced by a person with a restricted mind, to please a couple of severely restricted skeletons sitting beside him.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: amazing

If you can't see the significance by now you really don't want to.

That's a terrible answer. Like I said, break it down. What is it I'm supposed to be seeing? I really must be stupid.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think it is great they are trickling the information out.

The OP is exactly why they are slowwwly releasing information, to much, to soon and people get brain freeze, or the monkey mind kicks in, and they are concerned about the Super Bowl commercials.

The average attention span of people today is extremely short, so in order to drive the truth home, it needs to be spoon fed in bits.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You guys do realize the memo was a release from the United States House Intelligence Committee right? Not just some article on WaPo.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

That's a terrible answer. Like I said, break it down. What is it I'm supposed to be seeing? I really must be stupid.

Sorry I can't help the willfully blind and I can't fix stupid.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Wow, here it is, the liberal thread to downplay the memo.

Wow. Way to insult without helping the conversation. I'm an independent, did not vote for Hillary or Trump. Actually voted Libertarian this time.

Let me help you.

"Wow, an independents thread to ask questions about the memo" But you'd rather no one ask questions, I guess?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Sorry I can't help the willfully blind and I can't fix stupid.

So because I don't understand the memo I must be blind and stupid? That's really helpful. I hope you aren't a teacher in your day job. LOL

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I bet this kind of information would be considered "smoking gun" material if it were against Trump. Hell, apparently a meeting with a Russian lawyer was the smoking gun.. A book based on opinions was the smoking gun..

Here we have clear evidence of REAL collusion but it seems to me people are willing to overlook the implications because ...?

Oh that's right, because Trump.

Carry on.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I bet this kind of information would be considered "smoking gun" material if it were against Trump. Hell, apparently a meeting with a Russian lawyer was the smoking gun.. A book based on opinions was the smoking gun..

Here we have clear evidence of REAL collusion but it seems to me people are willing to overlook the implications because ...?

Oh that's right, because Trump.

Carry on.

But that's just it right. Every thread on ATS politically is a "smoking gun" Hillary should have already been in prison for Benghazi. Obama should have already been impeached because he wasn't a citizen. Russiagate should have alreay brought down Trump. Clinton should be in prison for Whitewater. Etc etc.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

There are many threads here explaining the significance of the memo. You can also find information by doing some research, preferably avoiding the democratically controlled MSM.

But mostly, you would have needed to pay close attention to what has going on for the last years in order to truly understand. The corruption situation is deep - much deeper than touched on this memo. It has many roots. If you have only been watching MSM, you would have missed it, because they have been working hard to brainwash the public to blind them.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Can someone break down the memo controversy for me? I must be stupid. I don't get it.

Right now it appears to me to be two things.

1. Nothing. Kinda like all the Benghazi stuff. Needs to be talked about. Some serious issues but ultimately, no one gets arrested nothing changes, no one goes down, everyone gets re elected. Use ATS as your guide and search how many times Hillary was going to be arrested, Obama was going to be impeached or Trump was going to be impeached and ...yet that was all nothingness.
2. It's about Transparency in government and people don't want transparancy in our government. They want to our white house and congress to operate secretly, so that they can continue to drain the American taxpayer of money and credibility. Because most people don't mind white collar criminals leading our country and they all want the status quo and until real hardship hits us personally they don't care what happens and they'd'd rather live with Their heads in the sand.

3. Is there something about this memo that is groundbreaking or serious that I'm missing?

It's a piece of propaganda that swerves n purpose, as far as I can tell, except to setup for some sort of damage control.

Something may be coming soon that causes some shock waves and this propaganda will help set the narrative for others to follow. In fact, it already has. Many here are already parroting the talking points that came out after the memo release.

One of them being that Steele's bias was not revealed to the FISA courts, which is completely irrelevant to whether or not a warrant is granted.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It's a government document from an investigative committee of congress. It highlights abuses of federal agencies and specifies the individuals involved.

There needs to be a special prosecutor involved in this.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

There are many threads here explaining the significance of the memo. You can also find information by doing some research, preferably avoiding the democratically controlled MSM.

But mostly, you would have needed to pay close attention to what has going on for the last years in order to truly understand. The corruption situation is deep - much deeper than touched on this memo. It has many roots. If you have only been watching MSM, you would have missed it, because they have been working hard to brainwash the public to blind them.

Except I don't watch MSM or Fox news. Don't ready Huff post. Don't listen to talk radio. I pay attention to what's going on though. I know there is corruption. I saw Hillary rig the primary. I see congress being controlled by big corporations and large donors like Soros and the Koch brothers. But I've known this for decades and still most people keep voting for Democrats and Republicans.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You guys do realize the memo was a release from the United States House Intelligence Committee right? Not just some article on WaPo.

No, it wasn't! hahahah

Just look at the ignorance on display here.

This was a summary of points from the House Intelligence Committee, a bipartisan group of Representatives charged with overseeing Intelligence matters on behalf of the public. This committee is largely our only defense against gubmint intel abuses.

So the chairman of this committee releases damning info, and people act like the republicans wrote it.

Phuking fools.

They also think the Dem Memo is on par or at least a direct rebuttal of this memo, but it's not!

The HIC memo IS THE MEMO to the actual investigation, and anything the Dems release in response is literally the ONLY PARTISAN response.

Comey lied under oath.

The FBI brass KNEW what they were doing when they wiretapped Trump illegally.

FBI lawyers actively working to subvert record keeping laws.

FBI tapping Trump as if he were a foreign agent.

This is just getting started.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Right now it appears to me to be two things.

1. Nothing. Kinda like all the Benghazi stuff. Needs to be talked about. Some serious issues but ultimately, no one gets arrested nothing changes, no one goes down, everyone gets re elected. Use ATS as your guide and search how many times Hillary was going to be arrested, Obama was going to be impeached or Trump was going to be impeached and ...yet that was all nothingness.
2. It's about Transparency in government and people don't want transparancy in our government. They want to our white house and congress to operate secretly, so that they can continue to drain the American taxpayer of money and credibility. Because most people don't mind white collar criminals leading our country and they all want the status quo and until real hardship hits us personally they don't care what happens and they'd'd rather live with Their heads in the sand.

The memo outlines the process that was used to obtain an interception FISA warrant on the Trump campaign. It explains that:

1.the "dossier",written by Chris Steele, was a central element in obtaining the warrant from the court. Note that following THREE subpoenas from Congress, the FBI was unable to substantiate ANY of it. The FBI also failed to disclose to the court that they knew the source of the dossier was paid by the Clinton campaign. Failure to disclose such information to the court is illegal and criminal.

2. The only "corroborating" evidence listed in the FISA application is a yahoo news article, whose "source" also turned out to be Steele. Circular corroboration is no corroboration at all. Again, failure to disclose to the court is a second instance of criminal activities.

3. The memo 's facts are tangible proof that the only reason for the interceptions, renewed 3 times on this KNOWN false information repeated on three instances to the court whre the FBI KNOWINGLY failed to disclose to the court the source of the dossier funding (more criminal activity) is illegal spying on political opponents ( still more criminal activity)

No one can lie to the courts and/or knowingly fail to disclose information to the court. That is perjury and is illegal.
No one can use false or incomplete information to lie to the court in order to spy on political oppoents.

This is far worse than Watergate
edit on 3-2-2018 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

That's a good summary. What makes me laugh though is that they spied on Trump all that time and still came out with absolutely f#ck all. Lol

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The memo isn't what everyone played it up to be, at all. The funniest part is that if true, it shows that the investigation started with Papadopoulos, not the FISA warrant. Despite all the coverage of the FISA warrant in the memo and everyone here screaming about it.

But hey, it's fun to watch. And I think that's the whole point.

edit on 3-2-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It's a government document from an investigative committee of congress. It highlights abuses of federal agencies and specifies the individuals involved.

There needs to be a special prosecutor involved in this.

It's a piece of propaganda. It's worth as much as the paper you use to wipe your ass.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
The memo isn't what everyone played it up to be, at all. The funniest part is that if true, it shows that the investigation started with Papadopoulos, not the FISA warrant. Despite all the coverage of the FISA warrant in the memo and everyone here screaming about it.

But hey, it's fun to watch. And I think that's the whole point.

as i have shown, even if the papdopalous situation started the investigation, that is a ridiciulous in its own right.

But aside from that, so even if the memo is true, you dont care because the invetsigation started in other areas?

So you have no problem with the FBI using oppo research they knew was minimally veirifed and paid for by hillarys team being used to spy on hillarys opponent, and then the fbi not telling the court that Hillarys team paid for it?

That is truly disturbing.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I'm just saying when even less-informative and much more-speculative things come out against Trump, the left is more than eager to pull out their pitch-forks and scream their virtues. And more often than not (actually 100% of the time) it amounts to a big fat nothing-burger.

And here we have evidence (if true) of real collusion and the same folks are all trying to downplay it.

This shouldn't even be a partisan issue, but clearly it is for some of you. To me, it seems the left is more concerned with Trump, than actual democracy or any kind of collusion.

because Trump bad, right?
edit on 3-2-2018 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join