It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break down the memo for me. I must be stupid

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

not that I think you really care to hear this, but you did ask. The memo is a list of charges. It's that simple. Based on those charges, there will be an investigation. Once that investigation is done, there will likely be some charges, some people will loose their jobs, and if there is justice, some will go to jail. But there seems to be much more information out there and it will be interesting to see the outcome of all this.

It is a bit frightening to see that so many think this is nothing. If this is how you want the IC to do business, you had better hope like hell that they always are breaking the laws to help YOUR side.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Just another thread in which the children embarrass themselves. This is the closest to the truth coming out and maybe a little of the swamp being cleaned. Let's hope it continues. BTW, I didn't vote for Trump.

(post by bender151 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thank you! That was a really good breakdown.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

You're just being pedantic. The memo was written around facts. This is confirmed by pretty much everyone in DC.

That is a logical fallacy. It doesn't mean anything of substance.

Us peons aren't privy to the background evidence yet but I've seen enough confirmation to know that it's legit.

Uh huh.

Sure you have.

How many times do you want to ask fruitless questions to deflect from what has actually happened here?

Asking what this memos provides in the way of proof is a deflection?

Interesting.

Case closed.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Thank you; I tried. The whole thing is just an accusation of a convoluted, twisted plot within the FBI/DoJ to abuse power. I personally believe the information until shown otherwise, but I am anxious to see this new Democratic memo that is supposed to come out. I'm hoping some of the supporting documents are released as well.

There are a few details I left out, but it basically comes down to a shot across the bow of a corrupt justice department. Time will tell if that shot was a bluff or a warning.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Yes it was..

The only things I disagree with are:

I would be suprised if the fbi usually informs the fisa court about WHERE it got the evidence they are using to get a warrant.. if they normally expected that information. Then you would think they would have asked the fbi where it came from.

If they do not normally include where they got the evidence from. Then how does someone claim a “gross injustice”..

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I assume you also advocate for a full investigation to Russia hacking our election.

a reply to: ausername

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
What’s truly disturbing is a foreign country meddled in our election and the president of the United States fails to acknowledge it. Whether he has a part in it or not it’s a matter of national security. It deserves an investigation.

a reply to: Grambler

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
ATS has lost its conspiracy theory charm. Most of the users now should write for Breitbart.

a reply to: Tempter

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickisup

So you would agree with firing mueller and letting the FBI investigate it, right?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickisup

Hes not the first to do so either. He was not president while the meddling was going on.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Thank you; I tried. The whole thing is just an accusation of a convoluted, twisted plot within the FBI/DoJ to abuse power. I personally believe the information until shown otherwise, but I am anxious to see this new Democratic memo that is supposed to come out. I'm hoping some of the supporting documents are released as well.

There are a few details I left out, but it basically comes down to a shot across the bow of a corrupt justice department. Time will tell if that shot was a bluff or a warning.

TheRedneck

I just hate all the speculation and propaganda with these types of things. It becomes so much that it's near impossible to find the truth. It's that way with everything from Obamacare numbers to Benghazi. You've really got to dig deep.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Well, speculation is sort of what we do here. The whole point of a conspiracy site is that not everything is as it seems and there's more to the story. If one just wanted the 'official story,' there's much easier ways to get it than debating on ATS.

And there is room for speculation. Devin Nunes is not exactly bipartisan, and neither is Adam Schiff. The FBI has a track record of suspicious and/or questionable behavior, and Comey's actions during the 2016 election invited concern. The animosity among Congressional Democrats appears to be at an all-time high. The voices crying about how releasing the Nunes Memo would compromise national security seem to have been false... or have they?

In another thread, another poster posted a link that linked back to this indictment from March 2016:

The FBI obtained the recordings after Sporyshev attempted to recruit an FBI undercover employee (“UCE-1”), who was posing as an analyst from a New York-based energy company.

And from the Wikipedia page on Carter Page...

After leaving Merrill Lynch in 2008, Page founded his own investment fund, Global Energy Capital with partner James Richard and a former mid-level Gazprom executive, Sergei Yatsenko. The fund operates out of a Manhattan co-working space shared with a booking agency for wedding bands, and as of late 2017, Page was the firm's sole employee. Other businesspeople working in the Russian energy sector said in 2016 that the fund had yet to actually realize a project.

A consulting firm that does not have it's own office, has not realized a project after 10 years, and which has only one person as its entire employee roster? That sounds suspicious to me, but taken in conjunction with the indictment shown above, the concerns over jeopardizing national security, and the subsequent lack of any apparent national security details? Then it begins to make me think Carter Page was the undercover, unregistered FBI informant in Sporyshev's indictment. While I am sure there are others who fit that description in New York, I doubt there are that many who are running a seemingly impotent energy consulting company, who have been investigated time and time again under FISA yet never indicted of a single crime, and who have close contacts in Russia.

In simpler language, it is possible that the FISA warrants against Page were actually a way to maintain communication while keeping even the most prying eyes from realizing the truth: Page was working as an unregistered FBI informant. If that is the case, why was Page in the Trump campaign? Possibly to initiate surveillance against the Trump campaign through an arranged FISA warrant on himself, under full knowledge of the FBI?

That is speculation, of course, but I pointed it out to show how easily such speculation can arise. And it might be true... or it might not. Time and research will tell.

Now, when it comes to propaganda, that is indeed an obstacle to the truth.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

The memo says Trump is guilty and trying to deflect, that's about it.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join