It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break down the memo for me. I must be stupid

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: M5xaz

the Steele dossier’s (potentially biased) provenance was public knowledge by the time the surveillance application was up for renewal, and the court chose to renew it anyway.

qz.com...

The court knew about the dossier and the dossier even now is not proven false.

They get warrants based on drug dealers words, so here they get one based on an ally MI6 reliable source

Big deal

With respect to the "dossier", the FBI got legal subpoenas from Congress on 3 occasions to provide supporting information - the FBI was unable to provide any. Dossier is thus what it is, political garbage funded by the queen of garbage, Hillary. Nothing else.

The FBI was not "unable" to provide supporting information????
They were UNWILLING.
It is an ongoing investigation and the GOP in congress damn well know it.
Their requests were political stunts at best and at worst an attempt to interfere with a lawful investigation.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: The GUT

...somehow DJT knew they were tailing him.

How he found out would be the more interesting part.

This is worthy of its own thread. When Trump 1st tweeted about Obama wiretapping his residence, my reaction was along the lines of 'wonder how he found that out'.

As time passed and it became evident that Trumps allegations have merit, the lingering question of who told him is now at the forefront of my thoughts on the matter.

It's important that we determine whether Trump was receiving state sanctioned intel during his campaign, and whether the dissemination of & receipt of that intel was legal.

The fact that MSM and politicians have been rather silent on this point is also telling.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Sometimes a billion dollar business has infrastructure that rivals state owned systems.

His security probably picked up on it. It could have even been discovered by a one time contractor. Sometimes you never know who is walking around with these VIPs and what tools they employ to keep an edge.

He may have had it verified by someone providing intel after the fact. Trump goes on hunches when he knows occam's razor has made a pass.

edit on 2 4 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Once he was declared the official GOP candidate I think he got secret service and classified briefings. But for decades he has had his own private security protecting him and family possibly others, the kind only a billionaire can afford, so I don't think there is much he didn't know in regard of surveillance on him, his properties etc.

There are good reasons why this man isn't afraid of anyone, or anything or caught by surprise on many things.

He came with his own private agency.

imo

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Wardaddy454

No you made the claim it has been discredited..

I said it has not been discredited..

You made the assumption that it has been discredited.. so please name something the Dossier got wrong..

Hypothetically, it got everything right..

All trump would have to do to discredit it is have it be verifiably wrong somewhere, but he hasn’t.

For example.. and I’m making up the dates and places for the example...

Say the dossier says trump is getting peed on at the mariot hotel in Moscow, June 17th 2011.. .

Well all trump has to do is prove he wasn’t in Moscow in June 17th..

He hasn’t done that to ANY of the dossier claims that I have seen and even one verifiable falsehood kinda brings the whole thing into question..

If there were a verifiable falsehood. I assume Fox News would be running it on repeate, but they are not.

THE ONLY REASON people say it has been discredited is because it makes crazy claims.. like trump getting peed on.

But in reality we don’t know what trump does for kicks..

I never claimed everything in the dossier has been validated..

You said everything in it has been discredited, and you can’t name one single thing that has been proven to be false.

Uh no. I simply asked for a source on your claim that "nothing in the dossier has been proven false".

Clearly you cannot.

Otherwise, put up or shut up.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Great rebuttal!!!

You should teach debate classes!!!

Lmao..

That never deserved a proper rebuttal, as you cannot prove what trump is or isn't afraid of. I'm glad you never could teach a debate class..

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Salander

...somehow DJT knew they were tailing him.

How he found out would be the more interesting part.

This is worthy of its own thread. When Trump 1st tweeted about Obama wiretapping his residence, my reaction was along the lines of 'wonder how he found that out'.

As time passed and it became evident that Trumps allegations have merit, the lingering question of who told him is now at the forefront of my thoughts on the matter.

It's important that we determine whether Trump was receiving state sanctioned intel during his campaign, and whether the dissemination of & receipt of that intel was legal.

The fact that MSM and politicians have been rather silent on this point is also telling.

I thought it was already obvious that Adm. Rogers met with Trump (mid November 2016) right after Trump won the election and advised him about such matters. Shortly, thereafter Trump and his transition team relocated out of the tower for their meetings I believe to a location in New Jersey.

If I remember right Adm Rogers did not tell Obama that he was going to New York to see Trump. There were calls for Obama to fire Adm Rogers as soon as it was known.

Obviously, the head of NSA, commander of USCyber, etc...would have been able to advise Trump on such matters of wiretapping, surveillance, and such.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
a reply to: amazing

i don't think you're missing anything.

for how many people were crowing about how the memo and/or the state of the union would lead to the downfall of obama, hillary, the swamp, and the satanic pedo ring, i'd think some people would be embarrassed to post much at the moment....

Probably less people than the Democrats crowing that it would compromise the justice process and it's techniques.

edit on 4-2-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Yep Admiral Mike Rogers. A true American Hero. Check out Joe diGenova lay it ALL out here. A must watch. It connects the dots magnificently. Woah! 👍

youtu.be...

edit on 4-2-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Too bad it didn't allow embedding here.
edit on 4-2-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Not that important?... Who said it was "nothing important"?... You forget that McCabe himself left the FBI, but you are probably delusional enough to believe this had nothing to do with the memo... McCabe left before he would have been fired for playing his part in lying/committing perjury to the FISA court in 4 occasions...

BTW, yes this memo will lead to more information being declassified. That's the way it works, it is not that "republicans want to do it slowly", this is the "legal way to do it". Now Congress has to deliberate on wether or not to declassify the evidence that was submitted to Congress and corroborates what is mentioned in the memo.

BTW, if you don't think that committing perjury and omitting evidence about who paid for this dossier, and the conflict of interest from the person who wrote the dossier is "not important", you are as delusional as the left-wing media regurgitating the same "fake news"... Perjury to the FISA court, and omitting important information that the FBI and the DOJ were aware of but did not disclose to the FISA court is a big deal...

edit on 4-2-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Before President Trump made that announcement he had received a visit from NSA chief admiral Mike Rogers at the Trump tower. Not long after President Trump moved his staff out of Trump tower, probably to sweep for bugs, and he made the announcement that Obama had wiretapped him. President Trump wouldn't have said this without evidence. But the left-wing delusional rats in the media laughed at him for saying this.

edit on 4-2-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Lets break down this asinine statement of yours here. Generally speaking, those with zero knowledge of our legal system should avoid making such statements unless they enjoy looking incredibly uninformed.

Further:

Why does any of this matter if the dirt on Trump is legit.

It doesn't matter. What matters is that no evidence has been presented showing it is legit. None whatsoever. Saying otherwise is a bold faced lie, and will be called out as such. What matters is how it was obtained, who obtained it and what their intent was. For the record, however, it is entirely unproven. Zero evidence supporting any allegations against him. We're so far away from it mattering whether it is legit or not, it isn't even close.

It is legit.

Proof or you're wrong. ...and since you never replied since earlier, you're wrong. It is not legit. In this country, the burden of proof is entirely on the accuser. Not only has the accusers in this case been D/Qd due to confessed conflicts of interest, but they've never offered a single shred of evidence to substantiate their outrageous claims.

Therefore.. all the "memo" proves is that our government took action when it needed to in order to get a warrant to investigate someone clearly doing something wrong.

I shouldn't even justify this childish and moronic statement with a response. But in the interest and love of justice, I will.

To get a warrant against a UNITED STATES CITIZEN (a sacred designation, FYI), the government must demonstrate probable cause. They may not obtain warrants and investigate because they simply believe someone did something wrong. Why do they believe it? What evidence? Who is it from? See the Disqualification above.

That isn't optional. Our Constitution makes the process extremely clear, and any violation therein will not be tolerated for any reason.

Now run along, before you embarrass yourself even further.

^The face of today's Democrat party folks. A complete embarrassment, and total lack of understanding how a Constitutional government works. No wonder we're in the # up to our eye balls, with brain trusts like this running around.
edit on 2/4/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: M5xaz

the Steele dossier’s (potentially biased) provenance was public knowledge by the time the surveillance application was up for renewal, and the court chose to renew it anyway.

qz.com...

The court knew about the dossier and the dossier even now is not proven false.

They get warrants based on drug dealers words, so here they get one based on an ally MI6 reliable source

Big deal

With respect to the "dossier", the FBI got legal subpoenas from Congress on 3 occasions to provide supporting information - the FBI was unable to provide any. Dossier is thus what it is, political garbage funded by the queen of garbage, Hillary. Nothing else.

The FBI was not "unable" to provide supporting information????
They were UNWILLING.
It is an ongoing investigation and the GOP in congress damn well know it.
Their requests were political stunts at best and at worst an attempt to interfere with a lawful investigation.

No, unable to.

With a subpoenas, the FBI was under LEGAL obligation to do so. McCabe himself admitted that without the "dossier", the warrant would not have been possible, e.g. the FBI has NOTHING else. The memo also says that the FBI has nothing else.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It is quite simple. This memo is a theater play to keep eyes away from Northern Syria, and the growing angst between the US and Turkey. I mean, what is really more important? This political/media theater partnership, or the fact that the Turkish Deputy Prime Minister recently threatened US troop casualties if they are embedded with the Kurdish defenders of Rojava.

“If they come up against us in such a uniform we will see them as… terrorists.”

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Once he was declared the official GOP candidate I think he got secret service and classified briefings. But for decades he has had his own private security protecting him and family possibly others, the kind only a billionaire can afford, so I don't think there is much he didn't know in regard of surveillance on him, his properties etc.

There are good reasons why this man isn't afraid of anyone, or anything or caught by surprise on many things.

He came with his own private agency.

imo

That is the best answer yet . Yes , sometimes a business has access to way better IT than even the Intelligence Agencies or government themselves do.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah
The problem with this, and what the memo reveals, is the EXACT SAME PEOPLE continuing the investigation, stopping the corruption, and holding the criminals responsible, are the EXACT SAME PEOPLE that launched a criminal investigation based on speculation and partisan politics with a liberal agenda. Loretta lynch needs to be in prison for signing off on EVERY continuation after 90 days, along with Obama for ordering it. Powers are not separated. The democrats abused the justice system. Thats a HUGE deal, and it erodes our faith in the justice system and what it is supposed to represent.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Allenb83

The players in charge are all republicans.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Can someone break down the memo controversy for me? I must be stupid. I don't get it.

During the 2016 election, Senator John McCain (R-AZ) hired a firm called Fusion GPS to compile "oppositional research" on Donald Trump. That's not unusual; most of the dirt one sees in any political campaign is provided by agents who research records and talk to people in order to find the dirt. Once the Republican Primary was finished, McCain dropped the order to Fusion GPS.

Fusion GPS had hired, in turn, a British spy named Steele to actually conduct the research. Once McCain was out of the race, Hillary Clinton picked up the research project and paid Fusion GPS for their research. Steele got his information, according to him, directly from contacts in Moscow and compiled it into what is now known as the Steele dossier.

The Steele dossier claims to report that Donald Trump has had ongoing relations with Russian government agencies, including Vladimir Putin himself. It also states that Trump, on a visit to Moscow, stayed in the same room as Barack and Michelle Obama. According to it, Trump hated Michelle and hired Russian hookers to urinate on the bed to somehow 'desecrate' it, out of hatred for Michelle Obama. That is only one of the allegations, yet there is only one actual source named in the dossier and it is blanked out in the public record. All other sources are referred to as "Source A," "Source B," "Source C," etc.

In essence, it is a laundry list of accusations with absolutely no proof and no way to obtain proof, funded by someone who was desperate to find political dirt to use against her opponent in a Presidential race.

According to the Nunes Memo, The Steele dossier was used to obtain and maintain a FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) request from the FISC (Federal Intelligence Surveillance Court). The way that works is this: it is unconstitutional for the US Government to spy on American citizens without due process. However, informing someone who is working against the US Government that they are being spied on is counterproductive to the spying. So FISA was passed to allow a process through which the FBI can conduct surveillance on US citizens, by obtaining a search warrant secretly through the FISC. Since no one gets to testify to the FISC except the FBI, it is incumbent upon the FBI to provide all relevant data surrounding the surveillance request, both pro and con. The Nunes memo states that the FBI did not do this; instead they used the Steele dossier with full knowledge that it was political oppositional research and unvetted, without telling the FISC judges that it was political oppositional research and unvetted. In addition, the FBI tried to use a corroborating report from Yahoo News about the truth of the Steele dossier in order to give it more weight with the judges. It is now known that Steele himself gave the story to Yahoo News, so the corroboration was essentially Steele corroborating himself.

That is a serious, deadly serious, abuse of power by the FBI and the DoJ (since the DoJ has to sign off on all such requests).

The specifics, now that you have some background, are that the FISA request was against a man named Carter Page. Page has many contacts globally, including some extensive Russian contacts, and for a short time served as an foreign policy advisor to Trump's campaign. Trump has stated that he never had his ear, and that his position was not as involved as the title indicates. I personally can believe this, because someone with the business background Trump has typically will not take advice blindly from someone who is new to a position. He would want to vet Page first, and Page resigned rather quickly from the Trump campaign due to sex abuse allegations.

The FISA request, however, was used to retrieve information on the Trump campaign, since Page was involved for a short time with it.

In addition to this, then-Assistant Attorney General Bruce Ohr, who signed off on the FISA requests, has a wife named Nellie Ohr who worked for Fusion GPS. This constituted a 'back door' for data to go into the FBI from Steele, after Steele was dismissed as an FBI informant (I believe because of the Steele dossier). Rod Rosenstein, the present Assistant Attorney General, also signed off on some of the FISA requests.

Also, Steele is on record stating extreme animosity for Trump and a strong desire to keep Trump from being elected President. This is a problem because he was supplying information against Trump to the FBI, and because as a British citizen he did not have a voice in the election. In other words, the events described in the Nunes Memo prove, if true, foreign election interference from the British. The whole mess is a twisted, convoluted tale of power abuses throughout the FBI and DoJ under Obama, going all the way to the top officials.

The Nunes Memo is a compilation of accusations from Devin Nunes, the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee (HIC). He states that it is based on an investigation from the HIC, but since many of the documents it is based upon are classified, there is little proof yet. There are calls to release some classified information to try and vet the accusations, like the transcript of Andrew McCabe (Former FBI Assistant and Acting Director) stating that without the Steele dossier there would not have been a FISA request granted, or the FISA request itself. The HIC Democrat members are also asking to declassify and release their own memo to refute the Nunes Memo; that is in process, and the Republicans in the HIC have said they have no objection.

I challenge you to follow the links to the actual text of the documents I posted above, research the people involved in as unbiased a manner as is possible, and decide for yourself with a discerning, ATS-worthy eye. In the end, there are few you can trust more than yourself for accurate data on this overall, even me.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Damn, Government and Media almost convinced me that the Show Will Go On Forever!

I know it's not true but people are Professional Denialers anymore wanting to go backwards to a time where nothing truly changes!

Well, what a deep subject- Is the piggy bank running out for media or do we all feel the way the news does-paid to keep quiet and be smart!

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join