It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break down the memo for me. I must be stupid

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I am just one citizen without much experience in politics but this is how I see it for what its worth.

The dossier was done by a company called Fusion GPS. Fusion was hired by Clinton. The dossier research was done by Chris Steele (a British Spy) that hated Trump.

Translated, the Demonstrates are a bunch of Benedict Arnold's that conspired with the Red Coats to once again burn Washington to the ground. They just used different fuel this time but poured it on like it was free.

The dossier was used by Obama and his criminal cabal to get the FISA warrant.

The FISA Court is now a puppet of the left along with the FBI and DOJ.

That is what the memo says to me..

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If GWB pulled this snip with incoming Obama.

Yall would be flipping your dipsticks.

What the usual suspects are calling a nothing burger has a two big fat patties of grade a Wagyu.
edit on 4-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If GWB pulled this snip with incoming Obama.

Yall would be flipping your dipsticks.

What the usual suspects are calling a nothing burger has a two big fat patties of grade a Wagyu.

Neo, I disagree mate. We aren't looking at 2 big fat patties. This is looking more like a triple stacker mate. By the end of next week it may even have a fourth one on there.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Here is my main point.

If the dossier was used for a fisa warrant, it is the biggest political scandal of my lifetime.

Here was my thread on why.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So at the most base level, the memo says McCabe admitted that without the dossier, no warrant would have been sought.

So the dossier, which the memo shows higherups in the fbi admitted at the time of the warrant was largely unverified, and was paid for by trumps opponents, was used to spy on people that were in trumps team.

If that is true it is damning.

Im still not getting what is wrong with it.

Cant the FBI investigate or spy on anyone they believe to be guilty of committing a crime or endangering national security?

I guess what is my big hang up is... if you and I are running against eachother in an election.. and I witness you kill somebody and hide it. If I contact the FBI.. even though Im your opponent and let them know.. isnt it their duty to investigate my claim?

Thats why Im confused as to why its a big deal.

Why does it matter where the dossier came from.. if the information herein has truth?

Trump clearly colluded with Russia, this just seems like a deflection.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Bottom line some more people will get fired and some more might go to jail.Trey Gowdy sure is in hurray to leave politics quickly.He wants out of the mess the Democrats and Republicans have become.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

A FISA warrant leads to a whole different level of spying above and beyond a normal FBI investigation. It requires a high level of proof that someone is providing information to a foreign government. That level of proof did not occur here.

And NO there is no evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. You have been deceived by the lying MSM.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: Grambler

Here is my main point.

If the dossier was used for a fisa warrant, it is the biggest political scandal of my lifetime.

Here was my thread on why.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So at the most base level, the memo says McCabe admitted that without the dossier, no warrant would have been sought.

So the dossier, which the memo shows higherups in the fbi admitted at the time of the warrant was largely unverified, and was paid for by trumps opponents, was used to spy on people that were in trumps team.

If that is true it is damning.

Im still not getting what is wrong with it.

Cant the FBI investigate or spy on anyone they believe to be guilty of committing a crime or endangering national security?

I guess what is my big hang up is... if you and I are running against eachother in an election.. and I witness you kill somebody and hide it. If I contact the FBI.. even though Im your opponent and let them know.. isnt it their duty to investigate my claim?

Thats why Im confused as to why its a big deal.

Why does it matter where the dossier came from.. if the information herein has truth?

Trump clearly colluded with Russia, this just seems like a deflection.

First there is no evidence that has been produced that Trump colluded with Russia in an illegal way, so you are flat out wrong on that.

But to answer the rest of your post.

Its not just the FBI investigating a murder claim.

It is them knowingly using evidence paid for by the targets opponent, that they knew was not fully verified, that they did not tell the court who paid for the evidence, that they apparently buttressed by using a news article that the creator of the dossier was the source for; to not just invetsigate, but to spy on an Ameircan and anyone who cantaced that person.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm stupid.....forgive me

could someone post me a brealdown bullet point style or overall synopsis outline....I'm lost in

the memo is the same as the dossier ?

one memo or several...?

what last name is associated with the aforesaid, how do you say it.....m e m o.

...I'm gonna owe somebody for the favor, straiten me out on the frifggin memo....thank you
edit on 4-2-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

It was 100% the dirty dossier. The story had died before its release, after the FBI cleared Trump the first time.

www.businessinsider.com...

"The FBI says there is no direct connection between Donald Trump and Russia"

theduran.com...

"BBC confirms ‘no evidence found of Trump/Russia collusion’ in FBI probe"

But at this point The Russian BS is literally a conspiracy theory. It's already been debunked, at least twice.

As I've already said, one giant nothing-burger. Nothing to see, except a bunch of bitter and sore losers pushing an already discredited theory supported by only their bias campaign conflict-of-interest oppo hit-job.

End this farce witch-hunt, before it destroys our judicial integrity permanently. Otherwise, every single person in federal custody becomes a political prisoner (or some equivalent) in a communist justice system, not a Constitutional one.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

To even write a thread like this is odd. There are literally hundreds of posts here addressing the abuse which the memo confirms. If you don't find it to be noteworthy that the FBI and prior admin invented evidence to justify spying on the trump team, in order to prevent their success, then I guess you don't need to pay attention because there will never be a scandal bigger than that.

Furthermore, get ready for trump 2020, 2024, 2028 etc. Because the document they shredded to do what they did is all that stands in the way of that.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

End this farce witch-hunt, before it destroys our judicial integrity permanently. Otherwise, every single person in federal custody becomes a political prisoner (or some equivalent) in a communist justice system, not a Constitutional one.

Glad I'm not the only one that's noticed that.

We could take that further.

Putin himself is going around locking up his political rivals.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I reccomend reading the memo, because despite my best intentions, I have bias that may come through when summarizing it.

But here goes.

The memo is different than the dossier.

The dossier was written by an ex british agent named steele who was being paid by a firm that hillarys team and the dnc were paying to dig up dirt on trump.

That dossier used Kremlin officials for many of its claims.

The memo is a republican crafted memo that is said to be based off of looking at all of the info about the investigation into trump.

The main point of the memo is that it is alleging that the fbi used the dossier to get a fisa warrant to spy on carter page.

This is bad for a couple of reasons.

First assistant FBI director McCabe testified that without the dossier, there would have been no warrant to spy on page.

Secondly, the fbi did not tell the court where exactly the dossier came from, that it was paid for by Trump opponent, and that the creator of the dossier, steele, had told DOJ people that he was desperate to keep trump from being elected.

That is the biggest claims in the memo, but there are more.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Damn right

Spot on, all counts

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

There is the real killer in all this neo96, they are engaging in activities at least equal to (if not worse) than Putin and his cadre of oligarchs. Combine that with their propensity to stretch the truth and peddle opinion as fact, and you have a very nasty combination

It is unfortunate that such abuses have gone unchallenged for so long. My sincere hope is that this will result in more than just endless investigations, reports, commissions, suggestions but no real changes.

In my personal opinion, this country wouldn't survive even another few weeks of "business as usual" at this point in the game. It is getting to the "do or die" point of no return, I fear. Yet the Dems are all too happy to tear up this country and exploit its divisions, pushing this entirely discredited narrative.

Not only has Trump been cleared once, but those involved have shown ZERO evidence (substantive evidence) and everything is "fake news/Russian propaganda" unless it helps Dems. Pathetic.

But Schiff said the memo was also Russian propaganda! But it clearly wasn't, so why did Schiff lie? Why did Pelosi lie? Why did Feinstein lie? What is it with all the liars in the Dem party? Lying, cheating, and stealing from others IS a hallmark of democracy though.

Hillary, of course, has accused so many different people/causes of "conspiring" against her, yet her followers somehow ignore this fact. Or the fact she is historically unpopular, and was even fired from the Watergate commission by a life-long Democrat, who said she was a liar and unethical. Yet some extra-paranoid Clintonites are all too happy to believe in this extremely complex and highly unlikely conspiracy theory, instead of accepting the much simpler reality that she just wasn't a good fit for this country. No one simply inherits or earns the office of President, you've got to have an agenda that resonates with the American people (more importantly, the American *voter* - those who don't vote waive their voices in government)
edit on 2/4/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Several threads, hundreds of replies, the memo itself and all of the media opinion and spin and, you need another thread to break it down in?

Whole lot of fuss over a memo that is only a brief summary of findings from a Congressional investigation.

By all accounts there's more yet to come. We've only just begun here. Mueller and team will carry on unimpeded for now. Phase 2 of the intelligence committee investigation and reportedly Senate judiciary committee results.

The facade concealing corr
uption at the highest levels has been cracked open giving us a peek inside. They need to bring the whole thing down so it ALL is exposed.

Why anyone, anywhere is opposed to any of this is strange to me. Seems like some people are fine with these egregious abuses of power as long as it fits within the objectives of their agendas.

Nothing eh?

Remember how we heard about Benghazi over and over and over from September 2012 to December 2016, and how there hasn't been a peep since?

Sometimes, there are smoke generators rather than a fire.

Maybe it helped Clinton lose, maybe not. Either way, isn't it interesting that it suddenly went away once Trump was elected? It was a political witchhunt by House Republicans. I see no reason to trust them on their claims here, either - especially as one claim mischaracterizes what Comey testified.

Oh, about that final report - it was discussed in June 2016 - House Benghazi Report Finds No New Evidence of Wrongdoing by Hillary Clinton - but delayed releasing it until December... conveniently after the election. Did you ever hear about that?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Your post would hold more weight if it weren't for the lack of logic and outright falsehoods.

Hillary Clinton was not fired from the WG commission. She wasn't even on the WG commission and the idea she got fired from the WG investigation was an internet hoax.

Also, you lack logic in saying that "zero evidence" BS. Well, no # no evidence has been presented yet. The investigation is not over yet.

Why would they pony-up evidence before they are done with their investigation?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BastogneFoxHole

I am just one citizen without much experience in politics but this is how I see it for what its worth.

The dossier was done by a company called Fusion GPS. Fusion was hired by Clinton. The dossier research was done by Chris Steele (a British Spy) that hated Trump.

Translated, the Demonstrates are a bunch of Benedict Arnold's that conspired with the Red Coats to once again burn Washington to the ground. They just used different fuel this time but poured it on like it was free.

The dossier was used by Obama and his criminal cabal to get the FISA warrant.

The FISA Court is now a puppet of the left along with the FBI and DOJ.

That is what the memo says to me..

Steele said he didn't know who hired Fusion GPS.

Steele went to the FBI directly at points with information he found during information gathering.

McCain getting and then handing over the dossier appears to have happened well after that.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Not a valid comparison. We knew for a fact Benghazi really did in fact occur. With this Russian BS, we don't even have that. No one outside of the DNC and the private company they paid (Crowdstrike) has even see the DNC servers. At this point, we don't even have evidence proving the Russians "hacked" anything/anyone in the first place - let alone that there was some overarching and extremely complex conspiracy in the Trump campaign.

Completely unproven. We don't even have proof that the base incident for all this nonsense even actually occurred. For instance, no evidence has even been submitted demonstrating it was in fact a "hack" and not an internal leak which is the absolutely minimum baseline for establishing that some illegal activity did in fact take place.

Furthermore, even if the bizarre conspiracy theories are correct, none of it is illegal! Unless Trump's team directly "hacked" the stolen content, they're in the clear. Utilizing leaked/stolen emails or documents is not a crime, even if they come from a foreign government. We'd have to be at war with Russia (a declared, actual war) in order for such to even come close to any crime on the books.

And you don't get to claim obstruction over an investigation that's core reasoning has been discredited. There is a reason you don't hear Dems/MSM using the bull# "collusion" term anymore. "Collusion" is completely dead, focusing now on trying to entrap Trump in a perjury trap. Thankfully he's declined to interview with Mueller, and would seemingly invoke his 5th amendment rights in any such contact scenario. Smart man.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Apparently according to snopes she did in fact write a legal brief that intended to deny President Nixon access to a lawyer. That sounds pretty unethical and anti-American to me. If she wasn't involved in the Watergate investigation, then why would she be writing a letter regarding the President's counsel?

The lifelong Democrat who made the comments said: “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”

www.snopes.com...
“[Hillary] was a liar,” Zeifman said in an interview. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”
How could a 27-year-old House staff member do all that? Zeifman said she was one of several individuals who engaged in a seemingly implausible scheme to deny Richard Nixon the right to counsel during the investigation.
The actions of Hillary and her cohorts went directly against the judgment of top Democrats, up to and including then-House Majority Leader Tip O’Neill, that Nixon clearly had the right to counsel. In order to pull this off, Zeifman says Hillary wrote a fraudulent legal brief, and confiscated public documents to hide her deception.
The brief involved precedent for representation by counsel during an impeachment proceeding. When Hillary endeavored to write a legal brief arguing there is no right to representation by counsel during an impeachment proceeding, Zeifman says, he told Hillary about the case of Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas, who faced an impeachment attempt in 1970.
“As soon as the impeachment resolutions were introduced by (then-House Minority Leader Gerald) Ford, and they were referred to the House Judiciary Committee, the first thing Douglas did was hire himself a lawyer,” Zeifman said.
The Judiciary Committee allowed Douglas to keep counsel, thus establishing the precedent. Zeifman says he told Hillary that all the documents establishing this fact were in the Judiciary Committee’s public files. So what did Hillary do?
“Hillary then removed all the Douglas files to the offices where she was located, which at that time was secured and inaccessible to the public,” Zeifman said. Hillary then proceeded to write a legal brief arguing there was no precedent for the right to representation by counsel during an impeachment proceeding — as if the Douglas case had never occurred.

You were saying
edit on 2/4/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Apparently according to snopes she did in fact write a legal brief that intended to deny President Nixon access to a lawyer. That sounds pretty unethical and anti-American to me.

That is not what you claimed.

Again, you seem to have fallen for a hoax and it is hard to take your posts seriously when you are obviously ill-informed, not to mention the failure in basic logic.

If she wasn't involved in the Watergate investigation, then why would she be writing a letter regarding the President's counsel?

I did not say she wasn't involved.
edit on 4-2-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join