It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break down the memo for me. I must be stupid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Can someone break down the memo controversy for me? I must be stupid. I don't get it.

Right now it appears to me to be two things.

1. Nothing. Kinda like all the Benghazi stuff. Needs to be talked about. Some serious issues but ultimately, no one gets arrested nothing changes, no one goes down, everyone gets re elected. Use ATS as your guide and search how many times Hillary was going to be arrested, Obama was going to be impeached or Trump was going to be impeached and ...yet that was all nothingness.
2. It's about Transparency in government and people don't want transparancy in our government. They want to our white house and congress to operate secretly, so that they can continue to drain the American taxpayer of money and credibility. Because most people don't mind white collar criminals leading our country and they all want the status quo and until real hardship hits us personally they don't care what happens and they'd'd rather live with Their heads in the sand.

3. Is there something about this memo that is groundbreaking or serious that I'm missing?

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

i don't think you're missing anything.

for how many people were crowing about how the memo and/or the state of the union would lead to the downfall of obama, hillary, the swamp, and the satanic pedo ring, i'd think some people would be embarrassed to post much at the moment....

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yeah, it's just a speculative memo written by one guy that contains nothing much of anything but one guy's opinion.

We need to see evidence. Not opinions.

But we won't see that evidence while it's all still under investigation.

Until then, all this drama is just smoke-screening by both sides.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazingUse ATS as your guide and search how many times Hillary was going to be arrested, Obama was going to be impeached ...

Good guide. Many times dates were given. All those dates have passed.

Fool me once ...

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
IMO the memo is an act of desperation. The dossier wasn’t even a thing the first two warrants.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Going to actually agree with you here.. Sure there is a lot of information but I have et to see something completely damning unless I haven't read it yet. Strange days.

+37 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Several threads, hundreds of replies, the memo itself and all of the media opinion and spin and, you need another thread to break it down in?

Whole lot of fuss over a memo that is only a brief summary of findings from a Congressional investigation.

By all accounts there's more yet to come. We've only just begun here. Mueller and team will carry on unimpeded for now. Phase 2 of the intelligence committee investigation and reportedly Senate judiciary committee results.

The facade concealing corruption at the highest levels has been cracked open giving us a peek inside. They need to bring the whole thing down so it ALL is exposed.

Why anyone, anywhere is opposed to any of this is strange to me. Seems like some people are fine with these egregious abuses of power as long as it fits within the objectives of their agendas.

Nothing eh?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I honestly hope this whole tick tock thing happens that I see around here a lot
I want to see some juicies..

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I've got a secret and I'm not telling..

But teacher is going to punish you.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Yeah I really do need another breakdown. Or a really good summary. I still don't see that this memo thing is anything groundbreaking. It's all speculation and parroting of liberal or conservative talking points. Propaganda.

What is the issue here? Why is this memo even newsworthy?

Still not seeing it.

+40 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just wait for the OIG report and things will become MUCH clearer is my guess. Until then...don't hurt yourself if you can't see the forest for the trees.

We are witnessing (and many of us are helping) something very phenomenal and unheard of in our lifetimes. It's a beautiful thing.

The memo is just round one. MANY irons in the fire with all the investigations going on right now.

I personally believe (amongst other things) we are seeing the karma for JFK's assassination come home to roost.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The people that said the memo would lead to the immediate arrest of Obama and his gang are just the opposite end of the spectrum that said that Trump would have been impeached 20 times already.

Anyone who's not waist high in tribalism can see that the FBI, did give their A game. Was it because they were after Trump, following orders, just like doing what they want, or whatever, one would think Americans would want to know(unless:see the first part of the paragraph)

Look at the people in power and how they acted. What did they people who wanted it released say and what did people who didn't want it released say. The people who wanted it released seems to be spot on, something isn't right. People who didn't it released are either wayyyy off base(this memo does not appear to be that bad), so why are they so off base. Political games or is there more coming out and they wanted to plug the memo dyke before the water started flowing

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

A lot of information and legal crap to deal with, just over my head is all really.. I can see our government is corrupt of course but people on here were pushing the "this is it" card.. Kinda heartbreaking really

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

If you can't see the significance by now you really don't want to.

+53 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Here is my main point.

If the dossier was used for a fisa warrant, it is the biggest political scandal of my lifetime.

Here was my thread on why.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So at the most base level, the memo says McCabe admitted that without the dossier, no warrant would have been sought.

So the dossier, which the memo shows higherups in the fbi admitted at the time of the warrant was largely unverified, and was paid for by trumps opponents, was used to spy on people that were in trumps team.

If that is true it is damning.

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Yeah I really do need another breakdown. Or a really good summary. I still don't see that this memo thing is anything groundbreaking. It's all speculation and parroting of liberal or conservative talking points. Propaganda.

What is the issue here? Why is this memo even newsworthy?

Still not seeing it.

There is nothing speculating or parroting about this memo. It is based on facts. It informs the public that there is severe corruption at the highest levels that affects all Americans. It allows Americans to encourage our government to continue the investigation, hold criminals responsible, and stop the corruption.

+1 more 
link   

I think the memo and news trickling out in the wake of the memo is signaling how the scripted investigation has been written to conclude.

Neither side is going to be happy with the conclusion.

The evidence gathered will be "too poisoned" to use. It is either based on a FISA warrant that should never have been authorized OR on interview statements written by Strzok and therefore tainted. Christopher Steele and Peter Strzok are going to be the willing scapegoats that take all the blame off the FBI.

So...Mueller won't recommend Trump be indicted on anything.

On the other hand, it will become the *official* position that Russia interfered with the election -- even though Trump won't be charged for colluding with them.

Trump haters will be disappointed that he won't be charged.

Trump supporters will be disappointed because the media won't ever fail to mention that his election and presidency are not legitimate because Russia interfered.

That's how the FBI and DOJ always do us. Their records speak for themselves....Whitewater, Vince Foster, Valerie Plame, Obama's Senate seat pay-to-play...

That's my theory anyway.

+30 more 
link   
Wow, here it is, the liberal thread to downplay the memo.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There is nothing to it, why do you think the Republican party and Trump released it and then scurried off? They wanted to see what the reaction it would get and how they could use that reaction to their advantage.

The only reason people fought the release of this memo was because it was nothing but gossip and hearsay and to release would do nothing but confuse the public on what the truth really is. This is an attempt to show Mueller and anyone investigating Trump and Russia as being dirty regardless of it being true or not.

Read the other threads, this memo is being taken as fact with very little evidence while the Trump/Russia collusion investigation already has a few indictment There is no solid evidence proving Trump colluding with Russia, the evidence is showing Russia meddled in the elections and American intelligence agencies agree that they did yet Trump has done nothing to stop them from doing this again in future elections which looks fishy.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

I totally understand. However, exposing such long-entrenched corruption is going to take a little time.

The memo is just a tiny part. Have you looked into the details surrounding the Inspector General report coming (hopefully) in March? Doing so, I believe, will build your hope a bit. Momentum is building.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join