It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged in LV shooting for supplying ammo - WTF is the deal with the news reporting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
So I've heard from the normal MSM news sources (not Fox yet though) that some guy was supplying the shooter with custom ammo. They said he supplied tracer rounds so that he could shoot at night and see where the bullets are going. nothing illegal about that as far as I know (could vary from state to state though). But then the when they talk about the charges they say that the charges are for providing "illegal amour piercing rounds" to the shooter which were not used in the shooting, nor were the tracer (that sure would have made ID'ing the location of the shooter much easier!!!) Again they say he provided tracer rounds but then he is being charged with supplying AP rounds, big difference, and they state that the AP rounds are illegal (which I think is a state by state basis as well, with most states allowing them).

So MSM, what's the deal? was he also making AP rounds and if so, were these simply steel core rounds or were they truly AP rounds with a tungsten or carbide penetrator? There is a huge difference in this as well. If it is simple a steel core, these are common and not illegal (though some ranges don't allow them because of ricochet and sparking).

I must have heard this reported 10+ times over 4 hours and it seemed that there were about 5 mistakes each time they reported (between illegality and what was actually provided).

This seems more like a propaganda piece to make people either associate tracers with amour piercing and to make them think that both of these are illegal and BIG BAD SCARY things. Seems like a standard play from the leftist playbook from where I'm sitting. Do a #ty job covering the news, distort the facts (through neglect of reporting and mis-reporting) and then add in some subtle fear mongering while they are at it.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
This seems more like a propaganda piece to make people either associate tracers with amour piercing and to make them think that both of these are illegal and BIG BAD SCARY things. Seems like a standard play from the leftist playbook from where I'm sitting. Do a #ty job covering the news, distort the facts (through neglect of reporting and mis-reporting) and then add in some subtle fear mongering while they are at it.

The "news" organizations today are lazy. They no longer want to provide the whole story. They just want to be first so there is no time for actually understanding what they are writing about. They are for entertainment purposes only. SHOCK your readers/listeners so they will keep reading/listening.

This is why, if you really want to know what happened, you cannot depend on MSM sources.
edit on 3/2/2018 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I noticed this story and came to the same conclusion. Why bother reporting someone buying a ammo type that may be banned in that state alone. Using AP would have not made any difference in the carnage, if any was actually used. The whole explanation for the event was not well thought out anyway.

My first post BTW. a reply to: DigginFoTroof

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Looks like they're not going after him for who he sold to, but that he didn't have a license to manufacture it.

www.theguardian.com...

It said Haig previously ran an internet business selling armour-piercing bullets – some consisting of high-explosive and incendiary rounds – throughout the United States but lacked a licence to manufacture the ammunition. Haig is charged with a single count of conspiracy to manufacture and sell armour-piercing ammunition, which carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine, according to the statement.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Its almost as if they are going after the fact that he was selling these things to anyone at all, for any reason, without the appropriate permissions and paperwork.

That would be a hell of a lot more legitimate than trying to scalp him over his interaction with the shooter specifically, who used no AP or Tracer as far as I am aware.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JWill
I noticed this story and came to the same conclusion. Why bother reporting someone buying a ammo type that may be banned in that state alone. Using AP would have not made any difference in the carnage, if any was actually used. The whole explanation for the event was not well thought out anyway.

My first post BTW. a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Welcome and I ope you stay neutral, and engaged. You will be able to see clearly in these matters that way, I believe. If it stinks, we just want it gone. I don't care who they are, or where they are from, but i do care why they are doing their evil...

edit on 3-2-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: DAVID64

Its almost as if they are going after the fact that he was selling these things to anyone at all, for any reason, without the appropriate permissions and paperwork.

That would be a hell of a lot more legitimate than trying to scalp him over his interaction with the shooter specifically, who used no AP or Tracer as far as I am aware.

Agreed! You are spot on...

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

So you think it's okay for an unlicensed armorer to supply AP rounds illegally?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I heard the story on KNX LA CBS news. What was reported, he was making illegal ARMOR piercing bullets. Cant leave a link, I heard it on the radio.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
High explosive bullets?
There is no such thing.
I think they're after this guy to cover the fact others were involved in the shooting.
Typical misdirection from the MSM.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well the problem is that the reporting varies from source and I am wondering if he was actually selling amour piercing bullets or if they were simply steel core (steel penetrator) bullets which are legal in every state I think and these can often pierce armour. I know the way the news works, if a bullet CAN pierce armour, they'll call it amour piercing when in fact it isn't an AP round - it is simply a steel core round. I'm wondering if any of these rounds were M855 of SS109's which are not AP under BATF regulation but many people would call then AP. Even the 30-06 M2 AP round is exempt.

The thing about this situation is that it's a game of words and lies by omission (on the media's part).

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The thing about this situation is that it's a game of words and lies by omission (on the media's part).

Or they are only reporting what they are told by the FBI.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

So you think it's okay for an unlicensed armorer to supply AP rounds illegally?

How am I to get bullets for my 3D printed gun then?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I have not looked into this yet, but my first thought is that this guy has been charged for the trial lawyers' sake.

This was a comment I left on a thread about Hillary's mega-donor, Steve Mostyn, committing suicide...he was a trial lawyer. One of his friends, Craig Eiland, was quoted commenting on his death. Eiland, too, is a trial lawyer:

More on Craig Eiland--

His Wikipedia page is WORTH reading:

Eiland was first elected to the House in 1994. For eight years he served on the Insurance and Appropriations committees, including four years as Vice Chair of the Insurance Committee and two years as chair of the House Pensions and Investments Committee.

In 2009, Speaker Joe Straus named Eiland the House Speaker Pro-tempore, a job which entails leading the house in Speaker Straus' absence. Eiland was also named to the powerful House Appropriations committee and the Insurance committee.

AND...

...AND...he is representing "SEVERAL" victims of the LAS VEGAS SHOOTING. And he is looking for MORE.

Maybe false flag believers are looking in the wrong place for motive. Maybe it's not gun control...maybe it's the profit to be made in mega-million dollar lawsuits that get filtered to PACs, parties, and candidates.

Link

As it turns out, the largest organization for trial lawyers (and biggest political donor), have given at a ratio of 93% Democrat and 7% Republican since 1990.

I am thinking this may all be about money to be gained in civil suits that will be filtered to Democratic party causes and candidates.

However, like I said, I have not really looked into this story yet and may be completely off base. Wanted to throw it out there though!

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Or they are only reporting what they are told by the FBI.

Don't know. Going back to 01/29/18, the F.B.I. hasn't issued a press release about this. Does anyone know if this is normal?

www.fbi.gov...

And then there is this from an Arizona Newspaper:

A Mesa man who sold ammunition to the gunman in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history was charged in federal court in Las Vegas on Friday with conspiracy to manufacture and sell armor-piercing ammunition without a license.

Source

From The Guardian :

According to the criminal complaint against Haig, filed in US district court in Phoenix........

Is THAT normal? I honestly don't know. Two different types of courts. At least both newspapers agree on what the charges are.

What we do know is this. Anyone who sells a large amount of ammo, or any amount for that matter, to anyone for any reason the buyer gives, has to think in the back of their minds "Is this going to lead to another one? And if so, will I be held criminally liable?"

If they don't, they just don't care.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Can't really hold it against MSM in general for not understanding armor piercing and tracer.

Edit: If neither was used in the shooting, then there isn't really a problem unless they were illegally sold or owned in a state that bans them.

Here in Ca now, you can't even have fire crackers.

edit on 3-2-2018 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JWill

Using AP would have not made any difference in the carnage, if any was actually used.

Actually, armor piercing ammunition would have caused far more casualties.

But I don't know if it was used either.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I've never fired true armor piercing, but I've shot a lot of Soviet Bloc steel core, the round wanders a bit. .223 is probably not suited for true armor piercing capability, the Teflon coated stuff is interesting.
The entire Vegas shooting is a conspiracy soup, complete with Area 51 mixed in.a reply to: intrptr

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JWill

Teflon coated stuff is interesting

Teflon coatings were for bore preservation and never had anything to do with armor penetration.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
First the guy here in Mesa said he didn't know Paddock at all. "Must have found a business card of mine in his stuff, never heard the name never met the guy"

Then, the news says the Mesa guy was "notified 11 hours later by a federal agent" after the Vegas shooting.

Then all of the sudden, "Oh I know Paddock, he seemed like a nice guy, I sold him ammo, i remember details"

So he didn't remember Paddock for weeks, even though a federal agent informed him of the shooting 11 hours after it happened.

WHY WAS MR MESA AND THE FED IN CONTACT THE MORNING AFTER THE SHOOTING???
edit on 3-2-2018 by AdKiller because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join