It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY Every Democrat In America Should Be Fleeing The Party ASAP.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
February 2, 2018

O.P. REQUEST: I would appreciate like-minded ATS Member's assistance with this thread. I'll add things over time, but your contributions would be extremely valuable with helping many Democrats in this country escape a failing party...a sinking ship. Thank-you, in advance! -CareWeMust

In addition to the Obama administration corruption, illegal spying, etc.. that's starting to be officially unveiled today, the Anti-Worker, Anti-Immigrant, Anti-America mindset and actions Democratic Leaders, have been ramping up drastically in recent years.

I'll start with one that still perplexes me. Less than 45 days ago, Congressional Democrats voted against a huge Tax Cut for individuals and corporations. Not the majority of Democrats...every single Democrat in Congress voted against legislation that has ALREADY yielded these financial gains for WORKING AMERICANS:

The Republican tax reforms are growing increasingly popular as people start to realize the benefits. For Democrats who unanimously opposed these tax cuts, this can't be good news.

This week, Home Depot (HD), Starbucks (SBUX) and Walt Disney (DIS) announced that they were handing out bonuses or raises — or both — as a direct result of the GOP's tax cut.

Home Depot is giving hundreds of thousands of hourly employees what it calls "tax reform bonuses" of up to $1,000. Starbucks is lavishing $250 million in pay raises and stock grants on 150,000 workers, also crediting the tax cuts. At Disney, 125,000 workers are getting a $1,000 bonus, and the company is investing another $50 million in employee education programs.

These companies join more than 240 others — many of them household names like Apple (AAPL), Wal-Mart (WMT), AT&T (T), Auto Nation (AN), Boeing (BA), Comcast (CMCSA), Southwest Airlines (LUV) and Verizon (VZ) — that have already done so, putting more money in the pockets of at least 3 million workers.
SOURCE dtd 1.25.2018: www.investors.com...

You'd think Democrats in Congress are thankful that so many of their voters are seeing increased prosperity in 2018, due to paying less in taxes, and/or receiving an increase in their compensation at work. No..they're not. Remember, Democrat leaders are Anti-Worker.

U.S. House minority leader, Nancy Pelosi, is telling audiences that these bonuses, pay raises, tax-cuts, are all CRUMBS.
Source: dailycaller.com...
Yet, Ms. Pelosi never cites how SHE has helped workers earn bonuses, pay-raises, and increased opportunities, since becoming a servant of the people in 1987.

Like I said, more will be added to this thread. If you wish to assist with rescuing Democrat voters from their party, by all means, join in with your reason(s) why severing their association ASAP, is in their best interest.

-cwm

edit on 2/2/2018 by carewemust because: formatting adjustments

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think you are making good points, but I would like to speak to the crux of your OP.

In short, yes liberals should leave the democratic party, just like most conservatoves should leave the republican party.

Both parties claims to do things for their base that they largely dont do.

Lets look at the dems specifically.

They are being driven to the hard left on paper, and so they are doing crazy things like refusing to work with trump on amnesty for 1.8 million people, etc. So that would worry a moderate democrats, or a working class liberal

However, if you are a far left progressive, the truth is the party is only paying lip service to you, and in fact cheated Bernie, who represented you best.

But yes, both parties need cleaned out.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
In addition to the Obama administration corruption, illegal spying, etc.. that's starting to be officially unveiled today, the Anti-Worker, Anti-Immigrant, Anti-America mindset and actions Democratic Leaders, have been ramping up drastically in recent years.

It really is ironic, from my eyes, the harder I look at DNC usherings, the more it seems to me they're ultimately trying to undermine se immigrants and especially their homelands. Lets keep the border open to draw them here, lets keep the border wide open [to drugs] (and send them weapons [for starters] to bomb out those nations and give them a reason to want to leave home), lets run the sanctuary cities program (that keeps the drug pipelines and drug cartel criminal gangster distribution network ironclad [and give the regular folks a bad image]), lets blame cops and whites instead of the War on Drugs policy that causes the militarism [and the DNC is every bit as deep into running as the RNC], lets do all that as the cost of opportunities for the black community, all while snipping on the workers across America in general, while championing the robot overthrow of America / humanity (starting with driverless cars to replace MILLIONS of workers in the US the next decade, etc. And we havent even directly touches identity politics yet, mofo...
edit on 2-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm a registered Democrat with no desire to change parties. I also have no intentions of voting one to office. I do get to play in their primaries though!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Pelosi....meh
Sure it’s crumbs to her, she is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 to $100 million.
Just the fact that she is one of the leaders of the Democratic Party, should be enough for all of them to flee from the Dem Titanic.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The REAL True Blue Democrats should remove the Proglibs from their Party
Else , their once honorable Party will fold and go under.
And yes , I was once a very hardcore Proglib . Although back then there we had no Party. Believed in non-violent social change , the environment , and the good stuff .Got too much power in the 80s and 90s and overran the real Dems.

edit on 2/2/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Odd, one side led by a deceiving pathological lier and the other side no better in actual fact. So some crap comes to light about past leaders in the party. Most are going to look, listen and yawn then go watch more games. The populace is aware and numb, knowing full well when their leaders on both sides are lying, it is when their lips move.

I never watch games, but the above sums up my feelings, and no, even with ongoing events i will not throw in with the republicans, that would be foolish, but then I will never vote with the democrats if they keep bringing their version of a pathological lier like Clinton to the forefront. What is going to happen is pretty much nothing. They will step over the debris and vote as they always have. In fact I think this latest is going to repercuss in trumps face, will see and don’t care, I am focused on nature and blue skies. I did notice a frenzy among the conservative to the effect that if they call the liberal enough vile names, hoping they can all be put to death or jailed, they will convince them to become conservatives. Yea when I commented in other sites, I was threatened with death in vile creative ways. So am I to really want to align myself with these low lives, I think not, they drove me away.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The party of Al Sharpton, Waters, polousy, no thanks democrats

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's up to Democrats to reform their own party.
Same for Republicans.

There's plenty of swamp for everyone to drain.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I think you are making good points, but I would like to speak to the crux of your OP.

In short, yes liberals should leave the democratic party, just like most conservatoves should leave the republican party.

Both parties claims to do things for their base that they largely dont do.

Lets look at the dems specifically.

They are being driven to the hard left on paper, and so they are doing crazy things like refusing to work with trump on amnesty for 1.8 million people, etc. So that would worry a moderate democrats, or a working class liberal

However, if you are a far left progressive, the truth is the party is only paying lip service to you, and in fact cheated Bernie, who represented you best.

But yes, both parties need cleaned out.

I agree that both parties need to be left, but we have to start somewhere and since the Democrat party is closer to the grave, lets go ahead and help it in there, then we can concentrate on getting the republican party right along side it's fallen friend with which they share corruption.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Pelosi....meh
Sure it’s crumbs to her, she is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 to $100 million.
Just the fact that she is one of the leaders of the Democratic Party, should be enough for all of them to flee from the Dem Titanic.
So, where does Pelosi get her money from? I wonder if her books are on the up and up?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It'll be interesting to see the kind of election platform the democrats run on.

High taxes.
Open borders.
Government mandates.
Socialized medicine.
Gun bans.
Censorship.

Yeah, they're gonna be real popular.

But OP? Some want this. Almost too many do.

Our form of government is ours unless we vote in something else. We almost did with Hillary.

Who's to say we'll get to keep it in 2018 or 2020?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Like the wind through a tree, the political parties are like the leaves, the wind blows one way they politicians move one way, the wind changes and they flip on issues. Both parties have major problems and they tend to go to the extreme to the point where it outweighs the best part of those political parties.

What I have come to admire about the Republicans of the past, is that at one time they were fiscally conservative. Squeeze the penny, make sure that every expenditure had a means of payment. But that eroded, to where it was no, lets cut spending and the eye on the debt was always there, now it is spend, spend, spend.

And Democrats, at one time had principle, they actually stood for something, with an eye for society and the direction it would go. Yes their ideas may have been a bit controversial, but they were willing to do the right thing, even when it was politically inconvenient. But now they seem to lack that backbone.

It used to be crossing the party lines was the honorable thing to do, that there was no shame in admitting that the other side had good ideas, and were willing to work for the country first, personal interest second. it was considered to be an honor to serve in congress.

But now, that all has changed, political seats are prizes to be coveted and the extremes of both parties are often appears to be taking over the entire party to give them the worst appearance of all. And what is even worse, is that when scandal's happen, it is what that politician campaigned against in the first place, and thus showing hypocrisy on the part of the party. Use to be politicians got out and wanted to meet the voters, now we have to pay for that.

We got here through apathy of the voter, political divide, and politicians who are not really connected with or have much in common with any of the people they swear to govern.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It's up to Democrats to reform their own party.
Same for Republicans.

There's plenty of swamp for everyone to drain.

DING DING DING!!!

That's the only way anything will ever happen. Anything coming from without people will only spend their energy trying to deflect. It's just how human snip works (er doesnt).

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Then Democrats need more "moderate" leadership. Schumer shutting down the government over 900,000 DACA immigrants, that he really doesn't care about. Pelosi...well I discussed her in the opening post.

I heard one Democrat Senator last week exclaim that he was tired of being one of "Schumer's mindless sheep". We'll see when the next shutdown nears, if he meant it.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Pelosi....meh

A change in party leadership would be the best remedy for Democrats, if they want to pick up seats in November. Leaders that are more moderate. President Trump is attempting to move the Republican party more to the center, by reaching out across the aisle. Democrats should try to do the same. Won't happen with Schumer, Pelosi, and DNC Chair Tom Perez calling the shots.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yep...given the current trends and revelations, it's hard to proclaim, "I'm a proud member of the Schumer/Pelosi Democratic party!"

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Please your just trolling being a democrat I'll say there are plenty of reasons to vote democrat. I could make the same argument's against republicans. The true problem is extremists have taken over both parties and have never been further apart in history. Truth is there are lots of democrats and republicans that are in the center. The problem is a centrist doesn't make the news they will all ways go with the extremists.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Pelosi....meh
So, where does Pelosi get her money from? I wonder if her books are on the up and up?

Considering how hard Pelosi fought against having the wrongs of Obama's FBI/DOJ exposed this week, I'd say that much of her money is derived from less than honorable methods.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It'll be interesting to see the kind of election platform the democrats run on.

High taxes.
Open borders.
Government mandates.
Socialized medicine.
Gun bans.
Censorship.

Yeah, they're gonna be real popular.

But OP? Some want this. Almost too many do.

Our form of government is ours unless we vote in something else. We almost did with Hillary.

Who's to say we'll get to keep it in 2018 or 2020?

Excellent summation. Democratic voters who realize those truths, should become Republicans, Independents, or "no affiliation"...for their own good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join